Falcons plan on not Punting in HOU? Bosher hurt again

Ergo Proxy

3 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Omg JUST PUT HIM ON IR AND RELEASE HIM AFTER THE SEASON.

keep Wile WHILE we have the chance

Opponents get no Kick Returns, we get a guy with a leg 5 years younger...cheaper. Healthy. What’s not to like? 

It’s likely about as much cap space rollover/savings for this year. Bosher on the books guaranteed but Wile is only week to week if he is cut between games and put on PS.

1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

I thought we released Wile so we’d have to re-sign him, therefore we can’t just activate him.

but as I said before, Bosher is done.  Stick a fork in em.  Matt Wile is so much better.

Wile also has to agree to a contract, could be upset since he's better than Bosher and this has turned into politics. 

2 hours ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

Until this season, our kicking game was solid. Not really even mentioned or discussed.

Now, suddenly the legs are giving out.

Heck, we got lucky they resigned Bryant, but even he looks fallable at this point.

What’s changed with special teams during the offseason??:ninja:

2 hours ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

Until this season, our kicking game was solid. Not really even mentioned or discussed.

Now, suddenly the legs are giving out.

Heck, we got lucky they resigned Bryant, but even he looks fallable at this point.

Nah brother his punts were suspect last year. I know its due to injury this year not sure what happened to him last year.

4 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Omg JUST PUT HIM ON IR AND RELEASE HIM AFTER THE SEASON.

keep Wile WHILE we have the chance

This!!! Don't understand the Falcons love affair with such average players. Guys like Bosher after multiple average seasons would have been sent packing by the Patriots. It's why they win Super Bowls and the Falcons don't. We hang onto average players like Bosher and dramatically overpay them tying up or cap to keep us from going after that big piece like the Patriots did when they landed Stephon Gilmore because they had one of the worst secondaries in the NFL.

5 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Not sure if Bosher gets IR’d with chance to return but twice groin pulled now in matter of weeks...

Just keep Wile on 53 man and let Bosher ride IR for 8 games. If Wile does great change nothing and get our Punter of future here now. :ninja:

I don't think we should punt or kick for a few games. We're in desperation mode. Get the extra snaps. Our kickers aint worth a dam anyway. Let's Troff our way through this thing. 

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

So I guess Wile will announce he's holding out tomorrow, since that seems to be the one thing this team does successfully,  they whine for new contracts, the owner buckles, then the players dont perform for s*** after they sign.

Yeah I'm jaded as f*** on this team. Sue me. 

Idk about that. Maybe true for Freeman. Julio and Grady are the players that applies to most and they're the best players on their respective sides of the ball for our team.