Outmyfalconmind

McGary vs Watt?

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Will this be the game McGary proves he’s not a reach? Will he be manhandled? will double teams shadow his capability? Or will watt move around the line and expose the oline as a whole?

Edited by Outmyfalconmind
Miscommunicated

I think Watt will be battling inside more but if the opportunity presents itself, I hope the young man is ready. Watt will be the strongest, most established defender yet. I'll never forget Hard Knocks when they cut to him at the top of the steps and it looked like a straight boss walking down. Then he proceeded to give Jake that work.

54 minutes ago, Outmyfalconmind said:

Will this be the game McGary solidifies himself past a reach of a pick? Will he be manhandled? will double teams shadow his capability? Or will watt move around the line and expose the oline as a whole?

Even if he gets mowed over on Sunday, it doesn't solidify anything IMO. Watt's a beast, no shame in going through some growing pains. 

It's wayy too early to try to make a verdict on either of first two picks because offensive linemen take time to develop.

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Even if he gets mowed over on Sunday, it doesn't solidify anything IMO. Watt's a beast, no shame in going through some growing pains. 

It's wayy too early to try to make a verdict on either of first two picks because offensive linemen take time to develop.

Truth. 

My man, you're killing it today. 

11 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I hear you, but if he has a good game, the conversation will come up that labeling him “a reach” is out the window. That’s just my opinion though. 

Just now, Outmyfalconmind said:

I hear you, but if he has a good game, the conversation will come up that labeling him “a reach” is out the window. That’s just my opinion though. 

He's already had 2 good games minimum and the same ones who said he was a reach still said it. 

Just now, Outmyfalconmind said:

Very much hope this is the case. 

Outmyfalconmind likes this

2 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Very much hope this is the case. 

For sure. My question was in the context of him having a good game. Not so much that if he had a bad game it would solidify him as a reach, because him having a bad game against a 3 time DPOY as a rookie is almost 100%. 

ChickenBiscuit likes this

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

He's already had 2 good games minimum and the same ones who said he was a reach still said it. 

That’s true, but a good game against watt would have to kill that narrative? Right?... you’re probably right

1 minute ago, Outmyfalconmind said:

That’s true, but a good game against watt would have to kill that narrative? Right?... you’re probably right

If that's how they want to think, let them. That's the last thing that should bother you individually 

8 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Considering this is McGary's 5th game ever, I think it will be early to call him a reach if he gets blown up. Watt is going to destroy anyone on our O line. 

My bad if my questioned seemed to imply that if he had a bad game he’d definitely be considered a reach. What I was trying to ask was that if he had a good game would the “reach” talks cease. 

Just now, Butudontseeme™ said:

McGary has been fine so far and Watt isn’t the guy he used to be. 

I’m more worried about the falcons vs falcons matchup. 

Hahaha

3 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

McGary has been fine so far and Watt isn’t the guy he used to be. 

I’m more worried about the falcons vs falcons matchup. 

Is this win win or lose lose?

29 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

People always double down on dumb before they admit a mistake. Myself included

59 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

If I were McGary I’d be looking forward to it watching alot of film and just being best prepared as possible.No ones giving him a chance he’ll need help no doubts about it.

Ahh yes that is exactly what **** do