Jump to content

Penalty Stats


NCFalconfan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Very interesting site : NFLPenalties

The Falcons are #1 in penalties called against. 6th least beneficial penalties.

#1 in Defensive Holding (free first downs) with 7 while only 1 has been called in Atlanta's favor (declined)

Easy to see why we are 1-3 when looking around on that site.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The referees really want to be heavily involved in the games, including being involved in just about every crucial play throughout the game by using their ability to either call or not call a holding call or PI at any given moment. When you're given the super-tight scrutiny and heavy-handed judgements the Falcons receive, you are at such a terrible disadvantage, you have to out-play the opponent and the zebras to have a chance. It's difficult to beat both in one game as we know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

The referees really want to be heavily involved in the games, including being involved in just about every crucial play throughout the game by using their ability to either call or not call a holding call or PI at any given moment. When you're given the super-tight scrutiny and heavy-handed judgements the Falcons receive, you are at such a terrible disadvantage, you have to out-play the opponent and the zebras to have a chance. It's difficult to beat both in one game as we know.

We have been bad about penalties but I have not seen any other team penalized near as much.

*****A little off topic but that call on Clay Matthews late hit last night was awful and could have very well cost them that game. - Another example of a Ref screwing up a call really bad

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

The referees really want to be heavily involved in the games, including being involved in just about every crucial play throughout the game by using their ability to either call or not call a holding call or PI at any given moment. When you're given the super-tight scrutiny and heavy-handed judgements the Falcons receive, you are at such a terrible disadvantage, you have to out-play the opponent and the zebras to have a chance. It's difficult to beat both in one game as we know.

I want to see DQ talk to refs and point out missed penalties or argue about calls. Vicodin is chatty all game with refs, heck Smitty would get in with refs on penalties. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I want to see DQ talk to refs and point out missed penalties or argue about calls. Vicodin is chatty all game with refs, heck Smitty would get in with refs on penalties. 

I'm with you. If the call is bogus, he should get right in their as about it. He's far too easygoing on the sidelines when we're getting hosed by the dam zebras.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I'm with you. If the call is bogus, he should get right in their as about it. He's far too easygoing on the sidelines when we're getting hosed by the dam zebras.

I believe he said something to them about the Unsportsmanlike on Neal after his injury... Granted I don’t see him do it a lot, but it may just be more subtle than Pucker Face down in the sewer dome and some others

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yup sounds about right. It’s so frustrating. 

I was curious and looked up the box score after the Titans game and I think 6 or 7 of their 13 1st downs came by penalty. 

3rd and 15 incomplete pass, nice D Falcons!!! Hold up defensive holding on Oliver automatic 1st down

Edited by cb5639
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...