Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rudy

Luke Jackson

13 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

I knew it was over when they bought this kid in!!! Just had a feeling!!!!

It gave the Cardinals all the momentum to go and won the game. The game was tight and we were ahead.

I don't blame Luke for this loss. Yes he gave up 2 run, but that only tied the game up. We had plenty of opportunities to put the game away much earlier and after. 

He's on the roster because your only other options are:

6'7" Luke Jackson with huge stuff but even worse at throwing strikes than the real Luke is.

Anthony Swarzak (and don't give it to me, Swarzak may have been even more heroic than Luke was this year at times because of him being very DIPS lucky, but this guy is a total piece of poop and is an awful pitcher. I don't care to see him again)

Jerry Blevins (can't get right handers out)

The only other option in that case because of how the game was managed was Josh Tomlin, and if you think Josh "I mainly pitch in low leverage situations" Tomlin was a better option, I really don't know what to tell you. Yes, he was a hero at times during the regular season, even more heroic than Luke as well, but he likely would not have worked either.

Basically it all comes down to this, if you think Luke is an extremely crappy pitcher, because of other circumstances you're better off with 6 men in the pen period.

2 hours ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

He's on the roster because your only other options are:

6'7" Luke Jackson with huge stuff but even worse at throwing strikes than the real Luke is.

Anthony Swarzak (and don't give it to me, Swarzak may have been even more heroic than Luke was this year at times because of him being very DIPS lucky, but this guy is a total piece of poop and is an awful pitcher. I don't care to see him again)

Jerry Blevins (can't get right handers out)

The only other option in that case because of how the game was managed was Josh Tomlin, and if you think Josh "I mainly pitch in low leverage situations" Tomlin was a better option, I really don't know what to tell you. Yes, he was a hero at times during the regular season, even more heroic than Luke as well, but he likely would not have worked either.

Basically it all comes down to this, if you think Luke is an extremely crappy pitcher, because of other circumstances you're better off with 6 men in the pen period.

Didn’t want to have Teheran in the starting rotation, should have put him in the bullpen

Luke Jackson is so ugly that when he was a baby his momma put him in a corner and fed him with a sling shot.

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, wartownfalcon said:

Didn’t want to have Teheran in the starting rotation, should have put him in the bullpen

Don't give me it on him either. Yeah, Snitker was saying that he was an option for two innings if needed, but I'd rather deal with Luke than Teheran's style in the bullpen.

And now he's going to possibly start anyhow which is why I gave you the other options that are obviously bad.

Edited by VoiceofReason95