The Elephant in The Room

TD is not capable of evaluating talent on the DL or OL. Our coaches are not capable of developing talent on the OL or DL.

How many bust picks has he had on both trenches? The front office needs to be cleaned out we have had a bad pass rush for over a decade and we always have OL issues.

People always got excuses for our lack of pass rush, nope not hearing that anymore. Sack numbers need to go up dramatically

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol Takk’s been fine. Peoples opinion’s of him versus Beasley has been a good litmus test the past three seasons to see who understands football on these boards. Easy way to see who understands who on

Everybody is trying to avoid this but Takk is having a horrible season. Cant sack the qb and cant set the edge on these long runs that opponents have. But the thing that annoys me the most is that he

Neal is done.  He's played 2 or so games in what will be 2+ years?  If he does stage a comeback his ceiling will not be All-pro, it will be more like serviceable backup.

10 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

TD is not capable of evaluating talent on the DL or OL. Our coaches are not capable of developing talent on the OL or DL.

How many bust picks has he had on both trenches? The front office needs to be cleaned out we have had a bad pass rush for over a decade and we always have OL issues.

People always got excuses for our lack of pass rush, nope not hearing that anymore. Sack numbers need to go up dramatically

j agree. Ive heard this for the last 3 years for Takk. At a point, you run out of excuses and accept it 

50 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Takk really isn't the problem.  Teams aren't just dropping back and scanning the field.  They're beating us with underneath stuff or wide open busted coverage.

The problems have been Campbell, Trufant, Oliver, Kazee.

Those guys have not been in position to make a play when the ball goes to their zone.  Look at Brown's big TD reception for the Titans.  Trufant first loses him in coverage, then fails to even touch him despite being downfield from him when Brown catches the ball and runs with it.

But, but Rico gets everybody lined up!

1 minute ago, Falcanuck said:

Takk has been fine and his effort level is something the rest of his teammates should observe 

effort level doesnt mean anything, how many sacks does he have and how many wins do we have?? Has he been a game change  to this point ? Soon he gonna put in that Vic category 

2 hours ago, caponine said:

Everybody is trying to avoid this but Takk is having a horrible season. Cant sack the qb and cant set the edge on these long runs that opponents have. But the thing that annoys me the most is that he talks a big game but his mouth writes him check , he cant cash every game it’s the same thing. Idc that he gets pressure because most of the time, it still leads to a big play by the qb. Those are my thoughts on Takk

What are yours ? 

At some point, IMO, you have to look at the law of averages and wonder how much of it is us drafting busts, and how much of it is coaching's inability to develop players? We just went through multiple years of this with Smitty.

9 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Takk has been fine and his effort level is something the rest of his teammates should observe 

He's having brain farts, but I think the ability and effort are there. With the rest of the D looking like drunken Simpsons characters, it's really hard to know how much of it is player vs. coaching. This D is basically a typhoon of derp right now.

56 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

You’re typing in absolutes . Give me lottery numbers . I’m sure someone said the same about Thomas Davis . His option is 6 mil . He’s cheap & deserves another shot .

For every "Thomas Davis" there are probably another 100 players in this situation whose careers were done.  Is there a chance? Yes.  But lets be realistic here, he's done.  Also, did Thomas Davis miss 2 straight years of football?  That is essentially what Neal will be coming off of.

Edited by ATL_666
26 minutes ago, The Daywalker said:

Thank you. Takks been getting there. When I rains it pours! People trying to find blame in every position possible 

not really , he just hasnt been that good and its going on 3 years now. He’s not affecting the game at all smh. For a first round draft pick he has been a let down. Marcus Davenport has been better than him.

Edited by caponine

The defensive line hasn't been all-world but it's been pretty dang solid (Takk included) and is the least of our issues on defense. The secondary has been straight garbage. Combine that with bad angles/poor tackling and tons of penalties keeping opponents' drives alive....THOSE are the issues. Not the line. 

Edited by jbrake2
1 hour ago, caponine said:

effort level doesnt mean anything, how many sacks does he have and how many wins do we have?? Has he been a game change  to this point ? Soon he gonna put in that Vic category 

Takk has been infinitely better than Vic. And yes effort level does matter. Especially for this team. 

2 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

I actually think the DL has done pretty well on pass rush.  To me the problems are run defense and just general tackling.  We are allowing teams to throw underneath all game long.  That works if you immediately tackle them, but we don't.  The LBs and CBs have been very bad.

Agree. Sadly, the quality of tackling we're seeing now is likely going to be the same quality we'll be seeing the rest of the season because it's the same quality we saw all last season.

4 hours ago, caponine said:

Everybody is trying to avoid this but Takk is having a horrible season. Cant sack the qb and cant set the edge on these long runs that opponents have. But the thing that annoys me the most is that he talks a big game but his mouth writes him check , he cant cash every game it’s the same thing. Idc that he gets pressure because most of the time, it still leads to a big play by the qb. Those are my thoughts on Takk

What are yours ? 

Sacks are overrated..........too soon?  Yeah I feel the EXACT same way about him, I said something similar last year.

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

This ^. I’m sick of the excuses and sick of hearing “he’s close to breaking out”. Quinn is a defensive guy and started as a DL guy and yet both DE’s that we drafted in the 1st, are busts. 

2 hours ago, caponine said:

He still whiffs, so it doesnt matter smh. QBs still make a big play out of it. He has like 1 sack. Cmon man smh , none of that means sh*t when you cant bring the qb down nice try. Takk has been horrible, for a first round pick he definitely is inching towards that “Bust” label. He has not been a game changer in anyway shape or form

The team is #2 in 'pass rush win rate', Tak is #6 among all DEs/OLBs, and Jarrett #2 for all DTs. 

High 'pass rush win rates' cause mistakes and wins games. Sacks, fumbles, and interceptions are just a bye product of this statistic.

Anything else that might be wrong with the Falcons you may want to talk about? 

6 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

The team is #2 in 'pass rush win rate', Tak is #6 among all DEs/OLBs, and Jarrett #2 for all DTs. 

High 'pass rush win rates' cause mistakes and wins games. Sacks, fumbles, and interceptions are just a bye product of this statistic.

Anything else that might be wrong with the Falcons you may want to talk about? 

Yeah ... Takkarist McMinley  what fumbles has he had and what turnovers has he caused ?? Please tell me 

Edited by caponine