Jump to content

The Elephant in The Room


caponine
 Share

Recommended Posts

Everybody is trying to avoid this but Takk is having a horrible season. Cant sack the qb and cant set the edge on these long runs that opponents have. But the thing that annoys me the most is that he talks a big game but his mouth writes him check , he cant cash every game it’s the same thing. Idc that he gets pressure because most of the time, it still leads to a big play by the qb. Those are my thoughts on Takk

What are yours ? 

Edited by caponine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree some what . He’s been getting good push but the defense as a whole is full of duds so I wouldn’t be upset to see anybody not named Grady, Davidson, Neal , Grace & Debo go . Campbell can stay for cheap . Neal gets another year because he got hurt while still knocking the rust off . Foye doesn’t look good to me surprisingly but he can stay the season is early & he still has room to grow . Grace needs playtime . The rest can kick rocks .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

I agree some what . He’s been getting good push but the defense as a whole is full of duds so I wouldn’t be upset to see anybody not named Grady, Davidson, Neal , Grace & Debo go . Campbell can stay for cheap . Neal gets another year because he got hurt while still knocking the rust off . Foye doesn’t look good to me surprisingly but he can stay the season is early & he still has room to grow . Grace needs playtime . The rest can kick rocks .

he has to start FINISHING , he gotta learn his responsibilities on these runs too but i agree with you 

Edited by caponine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

I agree some what . He’s been getting good push but the defense as a whole is full of duds so I wouldn’t be upset to see anybody not named Grady, Davidson, Neal , Grace & Debo go . Campbell can stay for cheap . Neal gets another year because he got hurt while still knocking the rust off . Foye doesn’t look good to me surprisingly but he can stay the season is early & he still has room to grow . Grace needs playtime . The rest can kick rocks .

Neal is done.  He's played 2 or so games in what will be 2+ years?  If he does stage a comeback his ceiling will not be All-pro, it will be more like serviceable backup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Lol Takk’s been fine. Peoples opinion’s of him versus Beasley has been a good litmus test the past three seasons to see who understands football on these boards. Easy way to see who understands who on the field is generating pressure 

 

 

He still whiffs, so it doesnt matter smh. QBs still make a big play out of it. He has like 1 sack. Cmon man smh , none of that means sh*t when you cant bring the qb down nice try. Takk has been horrible, for a first round pick he definitely is inching towards that “Bust” label. He has not been a game changer in anyway shape or form

Edited by caponine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually think the DL has done pretty well on pass rush.  To me the problems are run defense and just general tackling.  We are allowing teams to throw underneath all game long.  That works if you immediately tackle them, but we don't.  The LBs and CBs have been very bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Lol Takk’s been fine. Peoples opinion’s of him versus Beasley has been a good litmus test the past three seasons to see who understands football on these boards. Easy way to see who understands who on the field is generating pressure 

 

 

Play with a lead and sack numbers go up.

Period.

He was all over Wentz vs PHI. We need to make teams try to throw more.

Of course, his run D being consistent on setting the edge had to improve but overall the run D isn’t so much a concern compared to week 1.

Offense start fast and D make teams take more risks instead of dink/dunk 2 weeks in a row...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Play with a lead and sack numbers go up.

Period.

He was all over Wentz vs PHI. We need to make teams try to throw more.

Of course, his run D being consistent on setting the edge had to improve but overall the run D isn’t so much a concern compared to week 1.

Offense start fast and D make teams take more risks instead of dink/dunk 2 weeks in a row...


It is a valid point. The one game we had a lead is the only time we had multiple sex

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Takk really isn't the problem.  Teams aren't just dropping back and scanning the field.  They're beating us with underneath stuff or wide open busted coverage.

The problems have been Campbell, Trufant, Oliver, Kazee.

Those guys have not been in position to make a play when the ball goes to their zone.  Look at Brown's big TD reception for the Titans.  Trufant first loses him in coverage, then fails to even touch him despite being downfield from him when Brown catches the ball and runs with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, ATL_666 said:

Neal is done.  He's played 2 or so games in what will be 2+ years?  If he does stage a comeback his ceiling will not be All-pro, it will be more like serviceable backup.

You’re typing in absolutes . Give me lottery numbers . I’m sure someone said the same about Thomas Davis . His option is 6 mil . He’s cheap & deserves another shot .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Play with a lead and sack numbers go up.

Period.

He was all over Wentz vs PHI. We need to make teams try to throw more.

Of course, his run D being consistent on setting the edge had to improve but overall the run D isn’t so much a concern compared to week 1.

Offense start fast and D make teams take more risks instead of dink/dunk 2 weeks in a row...

Idk about that one , when we needed to stop them from running and they knew we were gonna run it. We still couldn't stop them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

I actually think the DL has done pretty well on pass rush.  To me the problems are run defense and just general tackling.  We are allowing teams to throw underneath all game long.  That works if you immediately tackle them, but we don't.  The LBs and CBs have been very bad.

The DL is inconsistent tbh. Colts handled them , so did Titans in the 2nd half. Not sure of the first half and ofc minny did as well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the naked eye Takk has been having a solid season.  He’s winning a lot in pass rush.  But as usual we have players that don’t always finish.  He’s doing a lot better than a good amount of our players on D

But that’s not necessarily too hard to achieve these days

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, caponine said:

He still whiffs, so it doesnt matter smh. QBs still make a big play out of it. He has like 1 sack. Cmon man smh , none of that means sh*t when you cant bring the qb down nice try. Takk has been horrible, for a first round pick he definitely is inching towards that “Bust” label. He has not been a game changer in anyway shape or form

Like I said, it’s a good litmus test

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, caponine said:

Everybody is trying to avoid this but Takk is having a horrible season. Cant sack the qb and cant set the edge on these long runs that opponents have. But the thing that annoys me the most is that he talks a big game but his mouth writes him check , he cant cash every game it’s the same thing. Idc that he gets pressure because most of the time, it still leads to a big play by the qb. Those are my thoughts on Takk

What are yours ? 

Also notice he gets nicked up every game and the trainers has to tend to him. Maybe he still got grandma in mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...