Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think the Falcons will bounce back against the Texans?

128 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Oh I know. I tried to explain to people that the NFL and NBA as groups practice that whole Brotherhood talk. But you got people that act like they never heard Brotherhood until Quinn became head coach and that **** was annoying as crap lol. Every other post was #inbrotherhood. It got old fast having to read it and hear it every single day

Embrace the suck man..

ya_boi_j likes this

We are gonna spank Houston. Dan Quinn knows his job is on the line so he will have them up and ready. Unfortunately it won’t be enough to get us enough wins for the playoffs but it will be enough to screw us out of a blue chip prospect in the draft. I want us to get chase young out of Ohio state he is the de we have had since Abraham.

2 minutes ago, texasfalconfan said:

We are gonna spank Houston. Dan Quinn knows his job is on the line so he will have them up and ready. Unfortunately it won’t be enough to get us enough wins for the playoffs but it will be enough to screw us out of a blue chip prospect in the draft. I want us to get chase young out of Ohio state he is the de we have had since Abraham.

Imagine still having this much faith in the Atlanta Falcons.

4 hours ago, Narcaguga said:

Well you LOST your money,II have been here WAAAyY longer than you. News flash..Atlanta doesn't turn things around,they slink off into the corner and piss themselves..seeya after the loss.

Quite possibly under how many usernames.

Way longer I don’t think so.

Narcaguga likes this

45 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I know, I know. But I swear and you can check with some of the other old-timers, just when you're ready to throw dirt on this team, they'll play a decent ball game and win. Not saying it would necessarily start a streak toward the play-offs, but the Falcons are just that contrarian. They'll always leave you guessing, whether they're playing great or crappy doesn't matter. Whatever you're expecting, you'll get the opposite.

Yes, I can attest to this phenomon. The very moment you feel sure about anything regarding this franchise, they seem to do the exact opposite. It's sad that all of the hope I have that we can win next week stems solely from this fact, and not from anything I can rationally articulate. 

1 minute ago, athell said:

Imagine still having this much faith in the Atlanta Falcons.

I really don’t I just know dq is gonna do whatever he can to save his butt. He will actually do his job this week and prepare them, like he did in the Philadelphia game. I just wish he prepared them for every game. 

athell likes this

Just now, texasfalconfan said:

I really don’t I just know dq is gonna do whatever he can to save his butt. He will actually do his job this week and prepare them, like he did in the Philadelphia game. I just wish he prepared them for every game. 

Don't get me wrong, I admire the crap outta it...but one thing I know about Georgia sports, they will always always always let you down.  My expectations are gone.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

Don't get me wrong, I admire the crap outta it...but one thing I know about Georgia sports, they will always always always let you down.  My expectations are gone.

Yeah I hear you, kind of like the braves last night

athell and PokerSteve like this

6 minutes ago, texasfalconfan said:

Yeah I hear you, kind of like the braves last night

"Your honor, the prosecution would like to introduce last night's Braves choke-job as a fresh piece of evidence. Exhibit #10,558,424,872 in the case of the fans vs Georgia sports..."  :lol:

Just now, Clark Kent™ said:

If the Titans WR's made our DB's look like straight garbage, Hopkins and Fuller are about to gape our secondary. 

is fuller actually healthy for once?

Watson is probably going to kill us. We will probably have a lot of pressures and close sacks. He will scramble out of it, buy some time and find a receiver down field. Our secondary has been playing like trash.

1 minute ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Watson is probably going to kill us. We will probably have a lot of pressures and close sacks. He will scramble out of it, buy some time and find a receiver down field. Our secondary has been playing like trash.

His line is bad so that's not the easiest assumption to make. You can look at the low number of sacks and say the Falcons DL has been bad but in reality they get good pressure every game. I can honestly say that isn't the biggest issue on defense

Butudontseeme™ likes this

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

His line is bad so that's not the easiest assumption to make. You can look at the low number of sacks and say the Falcons DL has been bad but in reality they get good pressure every game. I can honestly say that isn't the biggest issue on defense

I don't think pressure/the DL has been the biggest issue either. I think our secondary is a big weakness right now. I think we will get good pressure, especially with them not having a good line. Might even get home a few times. I can just see him slipping out of it and turning nothing into something.

I wish I were more optimistic, but they haven't been too inspiring lately. 1/4 of the season is gone. Hope they start to develop a good identity and get going.

ya_boi_j likes this

7 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

I don't think pressure/the DL has been the biggest issue either. I think our secondary is a big weakness right now. I think we will get good pressure, especially with them not having a good line. Might even get home a few times. I can just see him slipping out of it and turning nothing into something.

I wish I were more optimistic, but they haven't been too inspiring lately. 1/4 of the season is gone. Hope they start to develop a good identity and get going.

I honestly didn’t think Oliver would turn out to be as bad as he is. I can admit I did something I usually don’t do and got caught up in believing the blind homerism from some respected posters instead of going with my gut. Not going to make that mistake again. Dudes not good. I also don’t buy into the Quinn type hype anymore

vitaman and TheFalcoholic like this

We can and will win and bounce back. Then we will kill (don't know what they are doing Cardinals) BUT there is a possible danger in these wins. TD and DQ will think we are back and their way was right all the time when the truth of the matter is this Staff, GM and MO needs a microscope on them, AB needs to ask them some hard questions and their MO needs to change. Like never having a big back in the mix and holding the OL Coach accountable.

vel likes this

4 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I know, I know. But I swear and you can check with some of the other old-timers, just when you're ready to throw dirt on this team, they'll play a decent ball game and win. Not saying it would necessarily start a streak toward the play-offs, but the Falcons are just that contrarian. They'll always leave you guessing, whether they're playing great or crappy doesn't matter. Whatever you're expecting, you'll get the opposite.

Fair enough.

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Quite possibly under how many usernames.

Way longer I don’t think so.

Three names and 2001

7 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I honestly didn’t think Oliver would turn out to be as bad as he is. I can admit I did something I usually don’t do and got caught up in believing the blind homerism from some respected posters instead of going with my gut. Not going to make that mistake again. Dudes not good. I also don’t buy into the Quinn type hype anymore

But he’s long & fast... :rolleyes:

ya_boi_j likes this

12 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

But he’s long & fast... :rolleyes:

Would you rather be "long and fast", or "short and slow"?

Okay, back to talking about football.  

I want the Falcons to win, but I don't trust Dan Quinn one bit.