Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think the Falcons will bounce back against the Texans?

128 posts in this topic

How well do you think we match up with the Texans? Do you think they are a more favorable match up for us than the Colts or the Titans? And finally do you think the Falcons will get the job done? Or do you think we will continue our struggles against AFC teams? 

The problem is Indy and Tennessee weren't bad matchups for Atlanta. The Falcons Offense crapped the bed against mediocre defenses and the Defense allowed meh QBs to look like All-Pros.

Houston's pass rush at home will be a big problem for ATL. And unlike the Falcons, the Texans will probably be motivated to play better after last week's loss. 

I actually like the matchup vs Watson. He's a great player and great athlete but he does tend to hold onto the ball longer than you would like if you're his coach and he doesn't like to settle for the defense giving him something... the last two guys that we have played would gladly take a check down versus forcing something down field but Watson is the opposite..... and I don't mean that as a negative.

I mentioned this in another thread but Watson is a lot like Wentz who is always trying to make a play.

The key is going to be getting consistent pressure on him where we actually hit him if we do that and speed up his play clock then we got a great chance

GrimeyKidd likes this

4 minutes ago, NYCFalc said:

They give up a lot of sacks. If we get a few here, that’s a bad sign

They also have a mobile qb, can you imagine this defense against a qb that can actually run.. The last game we beat the Seahawks was awesome, idk what team that was that night.. But whatever we did against Wilson we need to do again this Sunday.. Alot of mixed feelings with me playing in that stadium the first time since 2/12 

9 minutes ago, NYCFalc said:

They give up a lot of sacks. If we get a few here, that’s a bad sign

The Titans were having all kinds of problems protecting Mariota.... until the Falcons came to town.

By design the defense gives up the quick throw underneath... so the pressure doesn’t have a chance to get there...

Flyin' In DC likes this

5 minutes ago, HotLantaFalcon said:

I thought they would bounce back against Tenn ... so this time I'm going with no

I was thinking the same way. I thought it was a "W" for sure but we looked even worse.

If it's a competitive game win or lose then just maybe there may be some hopes that we'll turn it around.

But if we lose in a big way, then the season is over because I'd think Quinn lost it.

10 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

They also have a mobile qb, can you imagine this defense against a qb that can actually run.. The last game we beat the Seahawks was awesome, idk what team that was that night.. But whatever we did against Wilson we need to do again this Sunday.. Alot of mixed feelings with me playing in that stadium the first time since 2/12 

Last 3 quarterbacks that we have played all can run all three are known to take off the difference is that the last two are much more risk-averse so they were willing to take the short passes that we were giving up and not really tackling on... versus a guy like Wentz who likes to try to get more than that 8 yard hook.... and we beat wentz to a pulp because he held onto the ball longer than what you wanted to which is a problem that Watson has.

And we actually put a good amount of pressure on both Brissett (sp)and Mariota

11 minutes ago, rudy said:

I was thinking the same way. I thought it was a "W" for sure but we looked even worse.

If it's a competitive game win or lose then just maybe there may be some hopes that we'll turn it around.

But if we lose in a big way, then the season is over because I'd think Quinn lost it.

I think we start playing better and winning games against the Cardinals.