Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconsIn2012

Do We Honor Neal’s 5th Year Option

37 posts in this topic

My gut says at 6 million we will honor Keke’s 5th year option.  If it were similar to Vic’s 12 million we would not.  But we have to resign Hooper so letting Neal walk saves us 6 million on the CAP.  

What do you guys think?  Is Neal with the Falcons next year?

mtldirtybird likes this

6 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

5th year option is guaranteed for injury.

If he signed it,  it’s guaranteed.

He can’t sign it until the next official NFL season

16 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

My heart says yes, but my brain says no. I hate the injuries he’s had to endure while here

Same as you, love him but this is rough times with b2b significant injuries.

Such a tragedy we may end up moving on from one of our most promising players early on.

Depends on when he has to be offered the option.  If it's far enough into training camp where he can show he's going to be able to return to full speed then absolutely offer.  

24 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

He can’t sign it until the next official NFL season

But if they already picked up the option...

I think they may can cut him before league year officially starts same as Vic...it's fully guaranteed after that...

All the same...I doubt the Falcons move on from him. They are giving Vic Beasley a shot to prove himself on twice the price.

Keanu is all injury related and plays can come back from Achilles better than before...same as ACL.,,

I think the better question is can he make it through next year and earn an extension or do they then let him walk?

I don't know about the contract, but I have a bad feeling he's not going to be anything close to what he started out to be.

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

My gut says at 6 million we will honor Keke’s 5th year option.  If it were similar to Vic’s 12 million we would not.  But we have to resign Hooper so letting Neal walk saves us 6 million on the CAP.  

What do you guys think?  Is Neal with the Falcons next year?

No. At some point this team needs to make hard business decisions to win...

That includes no Neal and Hooper...not worth the money

39 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The team probably shouldn’t. But they likely will based on the culture 

As fo, its like dammed if you do dammed if you don't. Some will say we gave up on him but we were being smart. Some will say we are wasting money keeping him. He's younger than Eric Berry when it happened so I'd get if they did which I hope they do

7 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Thomas Davis tore his acl 3 times and had his best years after. See if he can stay healthy. 

True..maybe Neal transitions to LB if his speed is diminished?

19 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Thomas Davis tore his acl 3 times and had his best years after. See if he can stay healthy. 

Surgeries and rehab for ligament tears have come a looooooong way in the 21st century.

Ovie_Lover likes this

29 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Nah Foye should be SS and Neal should be LB. Then let's move Julio to FS and Sanu to QB. 

Yezh people are getting a little too cute with personnel on here.

Ovie_Lover likes this

as much as we shouldn't, we probably will. he is a good player and all but with his body failing him he isn't going to be the same. honestly he looked pretty bad out there this year. he was over running pursuit and looked scared to make a tackle a few times.