Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roguebeaver

Players cashing in!!

41 posts in this topic

 A good example of smart management was played out by Billy Beane who managed the Oakland A's in the movie "Moneyball". Yeah a movie but based on true events. Good netflix time killer that is dang entertaining as well as thoughtful in team management. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Would you be ok not being paid at your job because the company as a whole sucks? 

Thing is they are getting paid.

”You don’t get paid by the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen, we HAVE to pay the man. Why, cause we dont have the coaches to make average players great. When you have a coach that can do that, then you can pay great players and let the good ones walk. But since OUR coach over compensates for his lack of coaching ability, then we must pay good players like their great.

 

RIDDLE SOLVED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

Listen, we HAVE to pay the man. Why, cause we dont have the coaches to make average players great. When you have a coach that can do that, then you can pay great players and let the good ones walk. But since OUR coach over compensates for his lack of coaching ability, then we must pay good players like their great.

 

RIDDLE SOLVED

I'm all for paying good players, but you cannot pay everyone, you have to be able to make average/good players better in a great scheme.

SEE BILL BELICHICK

Chaz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, EddieK said:

The problem we have is that we pay good players, great players money.  Leads to a very top-heavy roster.

Which is driven by the owner, which means you have someone that doesn't really know football dictating how the roster is set, and making his underlings 'figure it out'.

Chaz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Gonna have to disagree with you here.

Yeah because teams like the Colts who have NO ONE on their team, gets to whoop up on these ALL Stars we have.  MAN I would so much rather have a  losing team with great names than win with no names. MAKES SENSE!!!!!!

Chaz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I'm with you on this.

Throw in Debo, Bloodline, Mack, Sanu, Beasley and Free and there's our top 10. 

Five of em probably need to get cut next year, Who would be your five?

My Five: Bustley, Free, (was going to say Duke, but he be gone), Okiefonokie, Stockboy, and Swizzlestick.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I'm all for paying good players, but you cannot pay everyone, you have to be able to make average/good players better in a great scheme.

SEE BILL BELICHICK

We dont have Bill Belichick.  We have.....

865185182.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Gonna have to disagree with you here.

Why do you disagree?  I wholeheartedy agree.  If you can't win currently with the talent, it makes no sense to pay them.  Only makes sense to pay the talent that helps you win.

Chaz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure if I posted this before, but here goes.....

The handsome football hero sat across the desk from a GM wanting to bring him to the team.

GM says "We think you have a lot of potential and want you to come grow with our team"

Hero says" OK, so far you have not mentioned money."

GM says " Oh, not a problem, we will definitely pay you what you are worth".

Hero gets up and angrily says "Ain't no way I can live off that"..........

 

 

Chaz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Oldmanfan said:

not sure if I posted this before, but here goes.....

The handsome football hero sat across the desk from a GM wanting to bring him to the team.

GM says "We think you have a lot of potential and want you to come grow with our team"

Hero says" OK, so far you have not mentioned money."

GM says " Oh, not a problem, we will definitely pay you what you are worth".

Hero gets up and angrily says "Ain't no way I can live off that"..........

 

 

 Love this! That's the attitude across the league. A lot forget somewhat about winning, it's about the benjamins above all else. I don't want prima donnas I want players with a hunger to win.So many I see get "paid" and suddenly they don't have that hunger to give it their all because they've got theirs and are set! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

It's not your investment for one. For two, blank gets plenty of return on his investment. 

Would you be ok not being paid at your job because the company as a whole sucks? 

You’ve taken it the wrong way. 
 

Team is losing, not playing good football. TD went thru heck to pay all our key figures what they deserve and we’ve started the season horribly. Not what you expect when you pay all top performers to perform and they haven’t showed up yet. Nothing to do with anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we pay guys who don’t want to win.

Hmmmm I wonder if Debo JJ MR2 and Grady Jarrett agree with that.

Why don’t you go after these coaches and tell them to gets bit more creative or try different forms of communicating a message cause what there doing isn’t working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0