Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roguebeaver

Players cashing in!!

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Man, before any other players cash in, how about the team win something first! I know you have to have players with talent and all, but jeeze, lets get a little pudding before we buy more sugar! 

Eventually after paying for so many dates, one would assume some put out is in order! Go ahead and slam me for thinking this way, but you know I’m right! So...let’s focus on winning instead of AB continuing to play rainmaker! 

Not begrudging MR, GJ, Tru, JJ et all... but dang, gotta win before u keep giving out the benjamins! 

This team has proven nothing as of yet, but they keep getting fat off the cabbage!! 

Edited by roguebeaver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Gonna have to disagree with you here.

No prob, I am respectful of all opinions and open to discuss! I just want some return on our investment. 50 plus years is a long dang time to wait for the cherry!! Just saying. 

Flying Falcon, Oldmanfan and Chaz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

No prob, I am respectful of all opinions and open to discuss! I just want some return on our investment. 50 plus years is a long dang time to wait for the cherry!! Just saying. 

It's not your investment for one. For two, blank gets plenty of return on his investment. 

Would you be ok not being paid at your job because the company as a whole sucks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

It's not your investment for one. For two, blank gets plenty of return on his investment. 

Would you be ok not being paid at your job because the company as a whole sucks? 

Understand, but if I have pride I’m looking for another more reputable employer, which a lot of more principled individuals do! Some times it’s about winning, and not the dollars!!

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, EddieK said:

The problem we have is that we pay good players, great players money.  Leads to a very top-heavy roster.

Ding, ding, ding!! 

Chaz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

You can’t say ding ding ding none of that reasoning was part of your op lol

The issue is....overpaying everyone that AB wants to make a Falcon for life...it just can’t be done. Sometimes if the meaning between the lines! 

Chaz and Flying Falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can do is shake my head when I so posters here proudly encourage the team to "pay the man."  These same knuckleheads are nowhere to be found when we can't sign (and pay) much needed players because we are in salary cap **** ... because we did indeed "pay the man".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im honestly lost at what to do to fix this team. A rebuild would waste Ryan and Julios prime years. I guess maybe just a coaching change would be the route for now

roguebeaver likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Im honestly lost at what to do to fix this team. A rebuild would waste Ryan and Julios prime years. I guess maybe just a coaching change would be the route for now

A true dichotomy! The Patriots appear to be the ONLY franchise to figure out this riddle! Truly amazing that they appear to have the answer, yet no other team can replicate it! 

Flying Falcon, Chaz and LouDog like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Im honestly lost at what to do to fix this team. A rebuild would waste Ryan and Julios prime years. I guess maybe just a coaching change would be the route for now

 Keep hearing we shouldn't waste Ryan and JJ's prime years! When can we ever hope to see those. And "paying the man" Freeman. Big mistake. Watch the Pats formula, Other than their proven racehorse; Brady. They hardly ever over pay. Probably just better at sorting out talent from year to year. Sad the F's can't seem to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Chaz said:

 Keep hearing we shouldn't waste Ryan and JJ's prime years! When can we ever hope to see those. And "paying the man" Freeman. Big mistake. Watch the Pats formula, Other than their proven racehorse; Brady. They hardly ever over pay. Probably just better at sorting out talent from year to year. Sad the F's can't seem to do that.

Dude if you don't think Ryan and Julio are two of the best I dont know what to tell ya. To each their own i guess

Edited by LouDog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chaz said:

 Keep hearing we shouldn't waste Ryan and JJ's prime years! When can we ever hope to see those. And "paying the man" Freeman. Big mistake. Watch the Pats formula, Other than their proven racehorse; Brady. They hardly ever over pay. Probably just better at sorting out talent from year to year. Sad the F's can't seem to do that.

The narrative of comparing teams to the Pats is tired and lazy. 

For one.... Nobody has ever been able to replicate what they do for as long as they have done it.

They have had their fair share of mess ups too. Including drafts. But sound coaching and an All World QB has covered up for most of it.  

The Daywalker likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 They and "many" others must be worth it for losing seasons. I guess they make pretty window dressing huh? What a bargain/ not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same people crying about the Falcons “pay the man” shlt were the same ones crying when some here said trading a 30+ year old WR for a first instead of paying him more $ would be a great idea . Now the same here are wanting to rebuild . A extra first would have been nice . A lot here are just like the FO .. can’t see the forest for the trees. The same ones who cry about us not making Patriot like moves cry about fan support but who supports a loser with time that you can’t get back or American money that most have to Slave for ? The team & Fans are just alike.. lost & inconsistent in there thought process . Lol . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sui_Generis said:

The narrative of comparing teams to the Pats is tired and lazy. 

For one.... Nobody has ever been able to replicate what they do for as long as they have done it.

They have had their fair share of mess ups too. Including drafts. But sound coaching and an All World QB has covered up for most of it.  

There is your answer and the riddle continues. Lazy or or not, you can’t ignore results! Results are in fact proof something works! I don’t like the Pats but I won’t ignore results! Stupid to do so!!’ 

Chaz and GeorgiaBoyz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sui_Generis said:

The narrative of comparing teams to the Pats is tired and lazy. 

For one.... Nobody has ever been able to replicate what they do for as long as they have done it.

They have had their fair share of mess ups too. Including drafts. But sound coaching and an All World QB has covered up for most of it.  

Dumb retort! State why instead of an opinion steeped in a lazy retort!! Use your brain to make a logical response or argument. Personally attacking something as lazy is, well lazy on your part! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

Man, before any other players cash in, how about the team win something first! I know you have to have players with talent and all, but jeeze, lets get a little pudding before we buy more sugar! 

Eventually after paying for so many dates, one would assume some put out is in order! Go ahead and slam me for thinking this way, but you know I’m right! So...let’s focus on winning instead of AB continuing to play rainmaker! 

Not begrudging MR, GJ, Tru, JJ et all... but dang, gotta win before u keep giving out the benjamins! 

This team has proven nothing as of yet, but they keep getting fat off the cabbage!! 

I'm with you on this.

Throw in Debo, Bloodline, Mack, Sanu, Beasley and Free and there's our top 10. 

Five of em probably need to get cut next year, Who would be your five?

Chaz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Let's call it like it is 28-3. Not SB51 any longer, will always be known as 28-3. We've had our heads in the sand ever since; like oops well we got in the big game. Big deal, but the problems that caused that train wreck have never been fully realized. Just pay the man "just cause". They're our "stars", who've done what. I really hope it's not a curse thing like some suppose. Me I think it's just rich men playing with their toys that happen to be our larger than life dreams and most are getting it wrong. The Pats way may be a "tired and lazy" example, but to do the same things over and over without such a successful plan expecting a better result is the definition of insanity 

Plunket76 and GeorgiaBoyz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0