Jarrett on Quinn

On 10/4/2019 at 9:31 AM, cportcuz said:

Honestly we have to take in consideration that we have a scheme change. I don’t believe we have the right personnel for the scheme that we are running. We need to go back to a traditional 4-3 defense in my opinion.

We have better personnel for what we are doing this year. We are thin at DE and LB.

On 10/5/2019 at 2:31 AM, cportcuz said:

Honestly we have to take in consideration that we have a scheme change. I don’t believe we have the right personnel for the scheme that we are running. We need to go back to a traditional 4-3 defense in my opinion.

I think so.

Thee biggest decision upfront is what they do with Beasley.

Cut ties with him in the base and make him purely situational is the other decision.

I’d also look to give Grace a go in the base in coverage I think he may surprise a few.

Also basically Campbell Oluokun all the DBs need to tighten up defensively.Tackling is #1 if your going to allow dink and dunk fine but for fark sake tackle like your life depends on it behind it.

Pretty much rush 4 play solid defense as above walk and show blitzes up in different spots.As above just tackle solidly behind of whatever your showing.

We need the levels on defense to sync up.  Arch said it best.  When the pass rush is getting close, the back end lets people run free.  When the back end has good coverage, the defensive line gets 0 pentration.  Once the two get in sync, I think the defense will be exponentially better. Its just "WHEN" will that happen?

Here's my take:

Quinn fired Marquand Manuel not getting defensive results when all of our defensive stars on IR....

Stars come back, DQ takes over and it's worse. If he thought Manuel deserved to be fired, then rationally, he should also think that he himself deserves to be fired.