Jump to content

Jarrett on Quinn


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

The LOB was consistent at every phase of playing defense. The Falcons don't have that approach at all. And sadly the talent is there, at least on paper

And they held each other accountable. I watched several heated discussions on their sideline from the stands. 

If someone blew an assignment, they didn’t jog off the field, get a fist bump, then sit and drink Gatorade. They huddled up and figured **** out with passion. Eventually the egos over spilled but when they were playing together and focused, It was a sight to see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, athell said:

Lots of facts here man.  Sad but true.

I hate it man because I look forward to football season every year but I always keep it in the back of my head that I know these fools gonna find a way to fold whether it be in the regular season or in the playoffs. I'm pretty sure this Sunday will be like the past 2 Sunday's where I'm outside with the kids in the 2nd quarter living my best life lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NWFALCON said:

And they held each other accountable. I watched several heated discussions on their sideline from the stands. 

If someone blew an assignment, they didn’t jog off the field, get a fist bump, then sit and drink Gatorade. They huddled up and figured **** out with passion. Eventually the egos over spilled but when they were playing together and focused, It was a sight to see. 

This is true. That was a real "Brotherhood" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I hate it man because I look forward to football season every year but I always keep it in the back of my head that I know these fools gonna find a way to fold whether it be in the regular season or in the playoffs. I'm pretty sure this Sunday will be like the past 2 Sunday's where I'm outside with the kids in the 2nd quarter living my best life lol

As we all should be...no franchise is worth ruining your Sunday's with your family.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, athell said:

I hear you, but in all honesty...short of Grady...there is like NO ONE on that defense who should be offended by getting called out.  None of them have a leg to stand on and if it takes this small dig to send this team defense into a tailspin?  Burn it to the ground.  They don't have it in them anyway.

true true, you right but with takk personality , rico, trufant, jones, that might do more harm than good 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, caponine said:

true true, you right but with takk personality , rico, trufant, jones, that might do more harm than good 

It may...or maybe it lights a fire?  At this point, how much can it hurt ya know?

 

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

This franchise **** sure isn't gonna ruin the day or week or life. A ***** can call me a fake fan or bandwagon if they choose and I wouldn't give 2 *****

Preach!  Not worth it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, caponine said:

true true, you right but with takk personality , rico, trufant, jones, that might do more harm than good 

What are they gonna do, beat his ***? I mean **** is they can't realize that the defensive group as a whole is playing like **** then who's really to blame, Grady or them? He had every right to say what he said right there and I'm sure the names he didn't want to call know exactly who he's talking about. Step ya *** up. Pretty sure a few are coming up on a pay day. I hope they realize they aren't gonna cash out playing like **** 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, athell said:

Embedded...

To me that is Grady calling out his teammates more than Quinn, but they are kind of intertwined.  I agree we need someone to step up and call ******** and hold people accountable.

Typical media trying to draw controversy out of nothing to be honest.

Jarrett is talking in the singular if any message is getting through is that he’s trying to be a lead by actions type.Hes saying I’m gonna take care of my business and hope there is a drip down effect and everyone else follows.Thats what I’ve got out of Jarrett these first 4 games.

Secondly I’d like to also point out how alot on here didn’t want to resign this man.A lot on here pointed out how much more important Debo is to this team than Jarrett.I laughed that **** off.Jarretts been the one this year that straps it up and goes and gives you everything each week he doesn’t look disinterested.There’s no give up in this man like alot round him seemingly have.Its easy to look good and cover mistakes when the teams going good not so much when it’s going pear shaped.

Thirdly this is where you find out who your alphas are,who are the guys that step up when everything goes bad.If the season does go bad these are the guys I’m building around going forward and the rest can kick rocks.I don’t buy the give up on the coaches bit even though I don’t like alot what’s going on with them.When your a paid professional your paid to do a job to the best of your ability situation regardless.

If I’m honest there’s about a handful off the top of my head that are actually doing that.Jarretts one of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Typical media trying to draw controversy out of nothing to be honest.

Jarrett is talking in the singular if any message is getting through is that he’s trying to be a lead by actions type.Hes saying I’m gonna take care of my business and hope there is a drip down effect and everyone else follows.Thats what I’ve got out of Jarrett these first 4 games.

Secondly I’d like to also point out how alot on here didn’t want to resign this man.A lot on here pointed out how much more important Debo is to this team than Jarrett.I laughed that **** off.Jarretts been the one this year that straps it up and goes and gives you everything each week he doesn’t look disinterested.There’s no give up in this man like alot round him seemingly have.Its easy to look good and cover mistakes when the teams going good not so much when it’s going pear shaped.

Thirdly this is where you find out who your alphas are,who are the guys that step up when everything goes bad.If the season does go bad these are the guys I’m building around going forward and the rest can kick rocks.I don’t buy the give up on the coaches bit even though I don’t like alot what’s going on with them.When your a paid professional your paid to do a job to the best of your ability situation regardless.

If I’m honest there’s about a handful off the top of my head that are actually doing that.Jarretts one of them.

tbh, Grady may be our only alpha...Rico...maybe...Takk tries to be but he is just silly...

<crickets>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I hate it man because I look forward to football season every year but I always keep it in the back of my head that I know these fools gonna find a way to fold whether it be in the regular season or in the playoffs. I'm pretty sure this Sunday will be like the past 2 Sunday's where I'm outside with the kids in the 2nd quarter living my best life lol

Nah. These dudes are going to give us a little false hope. It’s a whole lot falcon-like.  Just like the eagles game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Nah. These dudes are going to give us a little false hope. It’s a whole lot falcon-like.  Just like the eagles game. 

Here's what'll happen...

Falcons will start to roll beginning Week 5 against AZ.  They will start looking like an actual NFL team, start winning some games, putting themselves in playoff contention, fan hopes will be up, warm and tinglies everywhere only to drop 2 of the last 3 against SF, Jax and TB finishing 1 game out and a pick in the high teens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, athell said:

Here's what'll happen...

Falcons will start to roll beginning Week 5 against AZ.  They will start looking like an actual NFL team, start winning some games, putting themselves in playoff contention, fan hopes will be up, warm and tinglies everywhere only to drop 2 of the last 3 against SF, Jax and TB finishing 1 game out and a pick in the high teens.

Agreed. I actually think we may beat the Texans this week since we basically don’t have a shot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Sure doesn't. That's why I hate making comparisons and seeing people attempt to make comparisons. There is no Earl Thomas type, Kam Chancellor type, Richard Sherman type, Bobby Wagner type, Michael Bennett type on this defense. Never was. Those guys were consistently great. As good as Neal, Jones, Allen, sometimes Trufant can be, they have never been on the same level as those guys in Seattle, especially at a consistent rate. And peeps actually thought Quinn being the playcaller would instantly make the defense better. No way man. I don't think Manuel did anything to earn the title of DC but he certainly wasn't the issue and it's showing now

You're right. We thought it was Manuel because it was his first shot at DC. Little did we know. This defense was supposed to be simple so the players could react and not have to figure out what to do, yet the players look lost, totally off-balance and are giving up big plays to every mediocre QB they face. This soft af scheme with the players we have to run it is doomed to failure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, athell said:

tbh, Grady may be our only alpha...Rico...maybe...Takk tries to be but he is just silly...

<crickets>

Debo isn't an alpha but he's **** sure a great player despite that. If he had a ****-talking leader next to him and not Joe-****in-Shmoes like Devondre, people would talk about our LBs like they used to talk about the Panthers. But he's like Grady - not a big dog, just a dog. Need a player to get on Grady when he jogs off or Debo when he whiffs a tackle. We don't have it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, athell said:

I mean theoretically we totally have a shot to win this game.  In this weird alternate universe where we look like a directional college football team, not so much.  We will sure find out!

No doubt!!! On paper we have a chance with any team...

 

lol at the directional college team...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

Debo isn't an alpha but he's **** sure a great player despite that. If he had a ****-talking leader next to him and not Joe-****in-Shmoes like Devondre, people would talk about our LBs like they used to talk about the Panthers. But he's like Grady - not a big dog, just a dog. Need a player to get on Grady when he jogs off or Debo when he sniffs a tackle. We don't have it.

He is, but someone in another thread pointed out (I forget who I apologize) he is more of a goofball.  We have a lot of funny dudes on this team and not a lot of guys that are out to make the other team tap out.  We need that dearly imo.

DC is out here replying to people on Twitter that are criticizing him...it's crazy.  We need a tone setter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28-3 didn't ruin the "psyche" of this regime or whatever psuedo-analytical bs that is.

Kyle Shanahan, one of the best OCs in the league, left our team to go be the head coach at San Fran. And we were left with a "defensive guru" head coach that did not have the cap space to replicate his legion of boom in Seattle.

We had an identity with KS. He left, and he took our identity with him. We tried to hire Steve Sarkisian which was pretty much a disaster until he looked OKAY in 2018 -- and the ONLY reason people are saying Sark was actually good is because Koetter is just flat out awful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, athell said:

He is, but someone in another thread pointed out (I forget who I apologize) he is more of a goofball.  We have a lot of funny dudes on this team and not a lot of guys that are out to make the other team tap out.  We need that dearly imo.

DC is out here replying to people on Twitter that are criticizing him...it's crazy.  We need a tone setter.

Man... the difference in this defense when they force a turnover and when they don’t is night and day... look at the Eagles game versus the other 3. I know that seems so elementary but they play with so much more swag when they do it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Butudontseeme™ said:

Man... the difference in this defense when they force a turnover and when they don’t is night and day... look at the Eagles game versus the other 3. I know that seems so elementary but they play with so much more swag when they do it. 

Yup.  If they don't get out early and make a play...pack it in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

28-3 didn't ruin the "psyche" of this regime or whatever psuedo-analytical bs that is.

Kyle Shanahan, one of the best OCs in the league, left our team to go be the head coach at San Fran. And we were left with a "defensive guru" head coach that did not have the cap space to replicate his legion of boom in Seattle.

We had an identity with KS. He left, and he took our identity with him. We tried to hire Steve Sarkisian which was pretty much a disaster until he looked OKAY in 2018 -- and the ONLY reason people are saying Sark was actually good is because Koetter is just flat out awful.

I don’t know man... I’m pretty shell shocked from 28-3 and I’m not even on the team... this whole fan base is constantly in a state of “here we go again.” I can’t imagine how being on the field magnifies that feeling. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...