Jarrett on Quinn

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZachKleinWSB/status/1178430262344126471

We need a leader among players. A guy who's loud and proud and holds everyone accountable. Doesn't matter how many great players you have like Jarrett and Debo if no one is holding people accountable to play as a unit.

It sucks, because I still do like Quinn. People can forget about him being in 3 Superbowls in 4 years all they want. But he can coach...just don't know that it's enough. I wonder how much the Falcons curse gets in some guys heads. 28-3 might've ruined this regime's shot.

8 minutes ago, athell said:

Embedded...

To me that is Grady calling out his teammates more than Quinn, but they are kind of intertwined.  I agree we need someone to step up and call ******** and hold people accountable.

this is a slippery slope , im fine with Jarrett’s message but other teammates may not be.

13 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

It sucks, because I still do like Quinn. People can forget about him being in 3 Superbowls in 4 years all they want. But he can coach...just don't know that it's enough. I wonder how much the Falcons curse gets in some guys heads. 28-3 might've ruined this regime's shot.

That’s the problem with 28-3.  It overshadows what he did previously.

Whats really not helping is how he’s had 1 decent defense since he’s been the Falcons head coach.

And now since he’s ‘officially’ taken over the defensive coordinator position the defense has taken a nose dive.

The NFL is a what have you done for me lately business.  Just look at Smitty.

17 minutes ago, athell said:

Embedded...

To me that is Grady calling out his teammates more than Quinn, but they are kind of intertwined.  I agree we need someone to step up and call ******** and hold people accountable.

That's exactly what he did. He has that right being a leader on defense

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

That’s the problem with 28-3.  It overshadows what he did previously.

Whats really not helping is how he’s had 1 decent defense since he’s been the Falcons head coach.

And now since he’s ‘officially’ taken over the defensive coordinator position the defense has taken a nose dive.

The NFL is a what have you done for me lately business.  Just look at Smitty.

This year's Falcon's defense is actually eerily similar to the Mike Smith defense that Tampa had before he got fired (and retired) from the NFL. Never thought of that till just now. 

And Kotter was the HC (and OC).

Edited by Dr Long Shot

11 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

We need a leader among players. A guy who's loud and proud and holds everyone accountable. Doesn't matter how many great players you have like Jarrett and Debo if no one is holding people accountable to play as a unit.

That is probably the correct answer to "What is wrong with this Falcons team?" They've been little more than a shell of the team that was beating the brakes off the NE Patriots in the first half of the SB since they lost that game. This team just doesn't seem to believe in itself anymore.

Their preparation isn't getting them mentally ready to try to win because their heart is no longer in it. The coordinator and coaching staff was completely overhauled and what did that do? Nothing. Still the same flat, sloppy, unfocused group of players showing up on Sunday every week.

Would a fiery alpha-male player help get this team going? Absolutely, unfortunately we don't have one and that isn't something you can just go out and get like a new punter or CB. Somebody already on this team has to pick up the mantel and assume the role and they better do it fast. Further lackluster play could bring this season's play-off dream to an early conclusion.

23 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Quinn being in 3 SBs means nothing to me. He is an inept situational coach and a decent evaluator/developer of talent. He has lost the team at this point and deserves to be fired for not getting more out of an incredibly talented team. 

14 minutes ago, caponine said:

this is a slippery slope , im fine with Jarrett’s message but other teammates may not be.

I hear you, but in all honesty...short of Grady...there is like NO ONE on that defense who should be offended by getting called out.  None of them have a leg to stand on and if it takes this small dig to send this team defense into a tailspin?  Burn it to the ground.  They don't have it in them anyway.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

I hear you, but in all honesty...short of Grady...there is like NO ONE on that defense who should be offended by getting called out.  None of them have a leg to stand on and if it takes this small dig to send this team defense into a tailspin?  Burn it to the ground.  They don't have it in them anyway.

If anyone is offended then they really aren't paying attention during film sessions

7 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Quinn being in 3 SBs means nothing to me. He is an inept situational coach and a decent evaluator/developer of talent. He has lost the team at this point and deserves to be fired for not getting more out of an incredibly talented team. 

Tbh I think the talent on this defense is absurdly overstated. We have one great LB, one great DT, a couple good secondary players (Neal and Trufant), and then everyone else is decent or flat out bad. They're at 16th DVOA, 9th YPG. Not great, but hardly terrible (the last couple weeks have been admittedly awful).

On offense, we have an NFL MVP QB, the best WR in the NFL, were going to have all 1st rounders on the OL, an elite TE, Pro Bowl RB, the best three deep WR corps in the NFL...and we're 21st in DVOA. 

We have one of the worst skews in the league, salary-wise, towards the offense. The team is built to win due to the offense. And we're 28th in PPG. That's unacceptable, especially when the defense is built to play with a lead.

For the record, I don't know that he can fix this team. So it's fair if he gets fired. They're broken. But I guarantee he'll succeed wherever he goes next.

Just now, NWFALCON said:

Or telling the truth on “Tell the Truth Monday”. 

Quinn and fans who always bring up what he did in Seattle has learned the hard way that the LOB didn't get the memo to travel to Atlanta. Like everyone else I felt the talent is there but was skeptical yet was constantly reminded what happened in 2016 when Quinn took over. Still was skeptical. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Quinn and fans who always bring up what he did in Seattle has learned the hard way that the LOB didn't get the memo to travel to Atlanta. Like everyone else I felt the talent is there but was skeptical yet was constantly reminded what happened in 2016 when Quinn took over. Still was skeptical. 

Hated that from the jump.  They force fed us that line that we were going to get our version of the LOB but it doesn't work that way.  The talent on that roster was infinitely better that what we have here and Quinn doesn't have Carroll to fall back on here.

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I believe the physical talent is there, not so sure about the mental talent though...

Just now, athell said:

Hated that from the jump.  They force fed us that line that we were going to get our version of the LOB but it doesn't work that way.  The talent on that roster was infinitely better that what we have here and Quinn doesn't have Carroll to fall back on here.

Sure doesn't. That's why I hate making comparisons and seeing people attempt to make comparisons. There is no Earl Thomas type, Kam Chancellor type, Richard Sherman type, Bobby Wagner type, Michael Bennett type on this defense. Never was. Those guys were consistently great. As good as Neal, Jones, Allen, sometimes Trufant can be, they have never been on the same level as those guys in Seattle, especially at a consistent rate. And peeps actually thought Quinn being the playcaller would instantly make the defense better. No way man. I don't think Manuel did anything to earn the title of DC but he certainly wasn't the issue and it's showing now

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Sure doesn't. That's why I hate making comparisons and seeing people attempt to make comparisons. There is no Earl Thomas type, Kam Chancellor type, Richard Sherman type, Bobby Wagner type, Michael Bennett type on this defense. Never was. Those guys were consistently great. As good as Neal, Jones, Allen, sometimes Trufant can be, they have never been on the same level as those guys in Seattle, especially at a consistent rate. And peeps actually thought Quinn being the playcaller would instantly make the defense better. No way man. I don't think Manuel did anything to earn the title of DC but he certainly wasn't the issue and it's showing now

Lots of facts here man.  Sad but true.