I'm dropping Calvin Ridley

BLM

1 hour ago, The Daywalker said:

How in the actual f... did fantasy ruin  the nfl?? 

People rate players and games based on their fantasy points. The nuances of the game are dying, we will eventually end up with glorified flag football and fantasy land stats. The ebb and flow of the game, excitement and I can go on and on. 

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

People rate players and games based on their fantasy points. The nuances of the game are dying, we will eventually end up with glorified flag football and fantasy land stats. The ebb and flow of the game, excitement and I can go on and on. 

Soooo... people with no control over anything ruined the game? 

Ridleys time will come but barring injury it won’t be this year. Someone in my league tried to take advantage of my fanhood and trade me Ridley for Evans (my 13th overall pick) and I laughed. Then he told me “Ridley is due for a monster year” and I laughed. We have not spoken since. As long as Julio is here Ridley will be inconsistent (meaning peaks and valleys) fantasy wise. He’s worthy of being on your  bench but I would not be playing him. 

3 hours ago, pzummo said:

Ryan is the #8 fantasy QB so far this season.  What kind of league are you in where you are "keeping Ryan for now"?  

He's been my starter, but no TDs last week hurt and lost by 4 pts.  I plan to keep him as he's a garbage time stat padder and he'll throw the ball.  But it's time for Ridley to go.

On 10/2/2019 at 9:38 AM, falcons007 said:

This fantasy crap ruined the NFL. 

I think it did the opposite. The NFL has gotten a LOT of flack over the years for things like CTE, kneeling during the anthems, lopsided suspensions, etc. 

It has survived those hits because fantasy football has turned it into the most dominating sport in the country by a mile 

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I think it did the opposite. The NFL has gotten a LOT of flack over the years for things like CTE, kneeling during the anthems, lopsided suspensions, etc. 

It has survived those hits because fantasy football has turned it into the most dominating sport in the country by a mile 

I agree 100%, commercially in popularity. But then the over all game is now more highlights and red zone. The excitement of the team sport is dwindling. 

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I agree 100%, commercially in popularity. But then the over all game is now more highlights and red zone. The excitement of the team sport is dwindling. 

But that’s not the same thing as “ruining the NFL” which was what your post said. Has it ruined the experience for some fans? Yes. Has it changed the NFL? Without question. But it hasn’t even come close to ruining the NFL. Change isn’t the same thing as ruining. If anything, one could argue FF has saved the NFL