Jump to content

I'm dropping Calvin Ridley


BLM
 Share

Recommended Posts

Look at some advanced stats and Sanu basically gets more snaps than him.  As the third WR on a bad team (4th if you include Hooper), there's no space for him on fantasy.  And to think I drafted him to be my number 2 WR this year!  Even worse, I have Matt Ryan as my QB.  Got to diversify away from the Falcons.  I'll keep Ryan for now but bye bye Ridley.

 

If you are in my league right now, I am offering Calvin Ridley fire sale.

Edited by BLM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BLM said:

Look at some advanced stats and Sanu basically gets more snaps than him.  As the third WR on a bad team (4th if you include Hooper), there's no space for him on fantasy.  And to think I drafted him to be my number 2 WR this year!  Even worse, I have Matt Ryan as my QB.  Got to diversify away from the Falcons.  I'll keep Ryan for now but bye bye Ridley.

 

If you are in my league right now, I am offering Calvin Ridley fire sale.

i feel so bad for him man the success he had as a rookie and now he cant get the ball for some odd reason its so weird that the speed and the route running he has and he cant get any catches

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BLM said:

I'm just giving advice in case you guys drafted Falcons players as well.

Your advice is bad and you should feel bad. Just like with stocks you don't sell low in fantasy. With how often we are behind and how much we throw the ball he is bound to have a big game at some point, at least wait for that week to trade him. What are you thinking you're gonna get for Ridley atm after his worst two-game stretch as a pro? I'll tell you what, absolutely nothing with any upside. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Your advice is bad and you should feel bad. Just like with stocks you don't sell low in fantasy. With how often we are behind and how much we throw the ball he is bound to have a big game at some point, at least wait for that week to trade him. What are you thinking you're gonna get for Ridley atm after his worst two-game stretch as a pro? I'll tell you what, absolutely nothing with any upside. 

 

?

The biggest flaw retail investors have when investing is holding on to LOSERS for too long and selling WINNERS to early.  It's time to cut your losses with Ridley before he has 0 trade value left.  Some sucker might still think he'll finish as a 20-30 WR but in reality he might finish 40-50.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BLM said:

?

The biggest flaw retail investors have when investing is holding on to LOSERS for too long and selling WINNERS to early.  It's time to cut your losses with Ridley before he has 0 trade value left.  Some sucker might still think he'll finish as a 20-30 WR but in reality he might finish 40-50.

You overdrafted Ridley and now you are selling when his value is the lowest it's been in his entire career. Good luck in your league!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

If it wasn't for fantasy (and betting) I probably wouldn't watch another game after the seemingly inevitable *** whooping Houston is gonna lay down on us. 

Meh. Too each his own. I have gone through some hard years over the decades as falcon fan. The game was exciting and warrior like. Now all folks care is some made up numbers on their screens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

i feel so bad for him man the success he had as a rookie and now he cant get the ball for some odd reason its so weird that the speed and the route running he has and he cant get any catches

Yeah it's sad times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

Let me guess you are 40+ years old and hate change and these millennials and gen z folks are ruining the world.

Lol. I won my fantasy leagues for 11 years then stopped. It used to be for fun on the side. Now fantasy is bigger than game. 

And I am not a bigot to group people on age, race or other categories.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Meh. Too each his own. I have gone through some hard years over the decades as falcon fan. The game was exciting and warrior like. Now all folks care is some made up numbers on their screens.

Their both just games to me. Sometimes one game is funner than the other, and sadly this year it must be fantasy. At the end of the day, it all just boils down to numbers on a screen, the real game is no different, only the final score matters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This board has the attention span of a goldfish - 2 weeks ago the guy was the hottest thing on fantasy boards.  After week 2, he had better stats than Julio.

Something obviously has happened in weeks 3 and 4 (both losses) where Ridley is not getting the ball.  I am not saying he is the only thing wrong with the Falcons right now, but I seriously wonder if Koetter's offense is excluding him purposely or has just simply evolved more to include less of him.

And has anybody heard anything about Gage who was supposed to be our breakout #4 WR this year to replace Sanu next year?  I see more of Hardy and Stocker than him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, The Daywalker said:

How in the actual f... did fantasy ruin  the nfl?? 

Do you suppose that Quinn or Koetter want their fantasy teams to do well and are using the games this season for fantasy wins?

I bet Quinn probably started Mariota in his fantasy lineup last week and Brissett the week before (both easy FA's that were probably not even drafted)?

Maybe one of Koetter's fantasy opponents had Ridley starting in week 3 against him?

I bet both Quinn and Koetter have Hooper as their starting TE in their leagues?

Edited by jlrfalcon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...