Romfal

John Kincade thinks Arthur Blank will want.....Mike McCarthy

84 posts in this topic

Personally I wouldn't hate it, I also don't want a 1st time HC who once shook hands with Sean McVay taking a few years to get his **** wet for the end of Ryan+Julio...he was good for a long time like Reid in Philly. Rodgers doesn't look as good this year without him.

He runs a form of West Coast Offense and can probably make something happen with the offensive stars we have

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/McCaMi0.htm

3 minutes ago, Romfal said:

Personally I wouldn't hate it, I also don't want a 1st time HC who once shook hands with Sean McVay taking a few years to get his **** wet for the end of Ryan+Julio...he was good for a long time like Reid in Philly. Rodgers doesn't look as good this year without him.

He runs a form of West Coast Offense and can probably make something happen with the offensive stars we have

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/McCaMi0.htm

Stop it your making too much sense lol.

Artys Arryn and PutMeInCoach like this

36 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Insert throwup emoji 

Mike McCarthy continluey underachieved with prime Aaron Rodgers.

We need a a forward thinking offensive coordinator. None of these vanilla guys like Koetter and Sark. 

I'm not making excuses for him, thats probably the main reason he was fired, after a while your message gets stale(See Quinn) but in case you haven't figured it out yet, its hard to win a **** superbowl and its hard to be successful for 10+ years. Our perception is skewed by the greatest dynasty of all time

Hes been to the NFC Championship game 4 times and the playoffs 9 times in 13 years.

Freak OT Loss to the Giants in 2008 with Farve

Freak OT Loss in Seattle in 2015(guy couldn't catch an onside kick)

Loss to the Falcons in 2017 and 2 other OT losses in the playoffs

Rodgers has been hurt or missed games in 4 different seasons. **** happens

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, Romfal said:

I'm not making excuses for him, thats probably the main reason he was fired, after a while your message gets stale(See Quinn) but in case you haven't figured it out yet, its hard to win a **** superbowl and its hard to be successful for 10+ years. Our perception is skewed by the greatest dynasty of all time

Hes been to the NFC Championship game 4 times and the playoffs 9 times in 13 years.

Freak OT Loss to the Giants in 2008 with Farve

Freak OT Loss in Seattle in 2015(guy couldn't catch an onside kick)

Loss to the Falcons in 2017 and 2 other OT losses in the playoffs

Rodgers has been hurt or missed games in 4 different seasons. **** happens

It shouldn't be hard to consistently be good with the arguably the GOAT level in talent QB. **** the Steelers have had similar results over the last 10 years with a lesser QB. 

I'm not sure if you've kept up with McCarthy over the last 10 years or watched the Packers especially in the last couple years but their offense was essentially Aaron Rodgers playing back yard football. He carried those teams year after year. The offensive play calling got worse year after year, teams adapted and McCarthy had no answer. He was terrible.  Terrible play calling, terrible play designs, refused to run the ball and even when he had a clearly better back in A Jones the last couple years he was adiment in giving Jamaal Williams and other much less talented RBs the ball until he was essentially forced to let Jones take the bulk of the carries due to Rodgers calling him out and injuries to the other backs. 

McCarthy is another dinosaur coach who couldn't keep up with the evolving leauge.

Edited by Bobby.Digital

1 hour ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Insert throwup emoji 

Mike McCarthy continluey underachieved with prime Aaron Rodgers.

We need a a forward thinking offensive coordinator. None of these vanilla guys like Koetter and Sark. 

Wouldn't you think that Matt Ryan and company would sit down with Koetter and discuss what would most likely work. Not to mention you have other coaches and staff in the room. Raheem Morris is a younger guy. Gregg Knapp etc. You'd think they could come up with something.

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

He was awful awful awful. Harbough or bust 

Jim Harbaugh would probably be good. But I hope Dan Quinn can make the adjustments and right the ship and take us where we want to go. I swear sometimes I feel like the fans could call plays or come up with game plans better than most of these moron coaches could. We keep having to fire them. Lol

29 minutes ago, Is This What You Want? said:

You cannot be serious....Harbaugh?  Put the rocks down.

Hard *** that took Krapernick to the SB. Yes, people want a hard ***. Go get him 

Emmitt likes this

36 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

I wouldn’t hate any of these choices, but my #1 is Tomlin if he becomes available.

Why? They haven’t done anything since Polamalu retired. **** Labeau won them rings not Tomlin 

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

He got San Francisco to 3 straight NFC championship games! That's HUGE in this era. 

And that was years ago. 

4 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

He was awful awful awful. Harbough or bust 

Maybe if we hired Harbaugh, and if things continue to go downhill in Denver, Harbaugh could hire his old coordinator Vic Fangio and then we might have the kind of defense we've been missing for years.