Baldy Not Impressed: “Horrible Concepts, Horrible Tackling”

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The concept is one thing. Here’s the problem.  You don’t know if it’s play design or execution. I hate the spacing on the play.  You give up a quick pass of what 13 yards?  The pressure has

And I can’t say I blame him.  The All 22 of the Titans converting on 3rd & 15 is criminal.  Do we even practice tackling?    

The concept is flawed through the roof.  3rd and 15 doesn’t mean go into Hail Mary prevent defense.  The concept is even further flawed when you obviously don’t have the talent to run it properly.

I like Baldy but the logic is flawed.

The tackling was indeed horrible but the concept is not.......on third and long it is not uncommon for teams to play the stick coverage.....if the guys tackle the way they should then it is a stop.....which is exactly what the concept is about.

The concept was sound but the execution was flawed.

47 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

The tackling was indeed horrible but the concept is not.......on third and long it is not uncommon for teams to play the stick coverage.....if the guys tackle the way they should then it is a stop.....which is exactly what the concept is about.

The concept is flawed through the roof.  3rd and 15 doesn’t mean go into Hail Mary prevent defense.  The concept is even further flawed when you obviously don’t have the talent to run it properly.

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

Do you watch any other teams? Other teams do the exact same thing lol. The titans did it that very game.

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

Give up a throw underneath, if you do it well they punt.

This is like saying teams who throw on third and long are flawed.

You’re making my point.  It’s a difference in philosophy.  We have a difference in philosophy.  Obviously offense wants to keep the ball so they will call whatever play gives them the best shot at doing so.  Just because the defense is out there to prevent the offense from converting a first down doesn’t mean that you have to play prevent defense.  Who’s to say that sending pressure wouldn’t be a more viable option?  Many teams send pressure in those situations instead of dropping 20 yards off the ball.  Difference in philosophy.

And why...knowing our fantastic penchant for tackling (purple)..even put our players in that position?

Well, our "Baldy" better fix it. Blaming the players won't continue to work when he's the coach who's supposed to lead them and correct their mistakes, or adjust the system to what the product the players are putting on the field, not what worked with the Legion of Boom.

Edited by ThemDarnFalconsBoy!
16 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Give up a throw underneath, if you do it well they punt.

This is like saying teams who throw on third and long are flawed.

The concept is one thing.

Here’s the problem.  You don’t know if it’s play design or execution.

I hate the spacing on the play.  You give up a quick pass of what 13 yards?  The pressure has no chance to get there and it’s an easy pitch and catch.

I really hate this call especially since they have 6 guys covering 4 people and they’re still giving up a 13 yard quick strike.

15 minutes ago, ThemDarnFalconsBoy! said:

Well "Baldy" better fix it. Blaming the players won't continue to work when he's the coach who's supposed to lead them and correct their mistakes, or adjust the system to what the product the players are putting on the field, not what worked with the Legion of Boom.

Baldy isn't the coach lollllll He is Brian Baldinger...You really thought Dan Quinn tweeted this and called himself Badly?

14 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Many teams send pressure in those situations instead of dropping 20 yards off the ball.  Difference in philosophy

For us, sending pressure would have been a sure fire way for them to convert. To send pressure, one must actually be able to create pressure. 

16 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I hate the spacing on the play.  You give up a quick pass of what 13 yards?  The pressure has no chance to get there and it’s an easy pitch and catch.

I really hate this call especially since they have 6 guys covering 4 people and they’re still giving up a 13 yard quick strike.

My 10 year old called it....right when he saw the sequence of how defense was lined up prior to snap with HUUUUUGE crater up in middle...he goes hes gonna throw right up middle for easy 1st down conversion! & I effin broke my remote when it happened.....

I swear I dont know if this **** is deliberate to tank this year or its Bob Suttons bad karma from Chiefs causing this.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Saints, Patriots, Dallas,  Bears none of these teams will let you today give you that much real estate.

That's just bollocks! I dont care who you playing against.....these are pro athletes and when they get open real estate with back against their wall.

You be ****ed they gonna nail your defense every single snap!!

Dan Quinn has misled all of us....Manuel was scape goat. This guy was relevant was because of Pete Carroll and player personnels in Seahawks.

56 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

It is clear it is execution.

Quinn said someone did not play up and got too much depth.....regardless of that if the inital tackle ( or the second tackle attempt) is made the titans are stopped......that is clear execution.

5 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Quinn’s defense has been allowing that play for 4+ years. Poor tacking, passive defense has become his signature in ATL.