If the Braves get up 28-3 in a playoff game in the late innings? Do you think they can hold it???

2 hours ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Dude......this is the ATL......I wouldn’t count on it.  Best to brace for the worst in our cases.  If there’s a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory....we will.  I wish I could be a band wagon fan of some other city’s successful teams but it’s ats no good either

No need. 

Image result for atlanta united cool graphic

Lol. I actually went to college in Atl during the Smoltz, Glavine, Maddux era and became a baseball and Braves fan. It was where my hatred of the Yankees started. I still remember Jim Leyritz and his annoyingly ugly bat stance, up 2-0 in the WS and that guy hitting a HR to win the game and start the Yankees comeback. I also remember the Braves getting robbed by the Twins with a horrible call in the WS. It was SOOOOOOOOOO frustrating. I also remember going to a game in Fulton stadium where the Braves were down like 7 runs and most of the fans left the stadium, I moved waaaaaay down and watched the Braves score 7 runs in the bottom of the 9th, and win the game in like 15 innings. I doubt the Braves would lose a 28-3 lead in the WS or any playoff game.

2 hours ago, Jpowors said:

We won fifteen division titles in a row and came away with one championship. We played inferior teams for most of a decade and a half and came away with one championship.

So..... No. Definitely not. Do you even Georgia sports fan?

I Georgia sports fan so much my favorite college team is Georgia Tech...

we scored 2 points last weekend vs temple...

This is the legacy of Georgia Sports! But the Atlanta Braves with that one Championship in 1995 and this 2019 team which is perhaps the most talented ever can break it at last!!!

on another note Sam Holbrook the Umpire that called the infamous infield fly on the ball that landed in the outfield against the Cardinals in the WC game in 2012 is also umpiring this series???

In any event to cure your Falcon blues, just watch the Braves!!!!

I get the OP is being cute and all (or trying to anyways), but it's a stupid way to propose the question.  

If you want to be serious about it, the Braves would have to be up something like 6-1 with two innings left, to equal the ridiculousness of 28-3.  

And yes they absolutely could blow that, easily. 

(Did you see how "great" the Brewers badass closer was last night?  Lmao.  )

My wife is from Spokane Washington. I've spent countless hours in the last few years trying to explain to her just how unlucky, how bad, ect Georgia teams have played, and always when they manage to have built faith among the fan base. How the when we blew the sp, it's not even referred to as the falcons/pats sb, but a score 28-3. Then once I feel like my point is being made, Georgia has to be talked about, and then blowing a lead in the national championship game. 

As cool as she is, I don't think she gets it. We did just have our daughter three weeks ago, and she let the baby come home in a UGA outfit. 

I actually have some faith in the braves this year, which means that faith will end up shattered at some point. 

10 hours ago, SaintsFanInLA said:

Lol. I actually went to college in Atl during the Smoltz, Glavine, Maddux era and became a baseball and Braves fan. It was where my hatred of the Yankees started. I still remember Jim Leyritz and his annoyingly ugly bat stance, up 2-0 in the WS and that guy hitting a HR to win the game and start the Yankees comeback. I also remember the Braves getting robbed by the Twins with a horrible call in the WS. It was SOOOOOOOOOO frustrating. I also remember going to a game in Fulton stadium where the Braves were down like 7 runs and most of the fans left the stadium, I moved waaaaaay down and watched the Braves score 7 runs in the bottom of the 9th, and win the game in like 15 innings. I doubt the Braves would lose a 28-3 lead in the WS or any playoff game.

Yeah, a 28-3 lead in baseball is way harder to comeback from than 28-3 in football.

It's extremely rare to unlikely to even score 28 points in a baseball game to begin with.

4 hours ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

This is the legacy of Georgia Sports! But the Atlanta Braves with that one Championship in 1995 and this 2019 team which is perhaps the most talented ever can break it at last!!!

on another note Sam Holbrook the Umpire that called the infamous infield fly on the ball that landed in the outfield against the Cardinals in the WC game in 2012 is also umpiring this series???

In any event to cure your Falcon blues, just watch the Braves!!!!

Seriously,  what are you?  New?

Clearly you aren't that familiar with the Braves during the Bobby Cox Era.  They had 3 HOF pitchers.... and always found a way to **** it up in the playoffs.

And don't ever... ever do that bit about the Falcons and the Braves.  You're going to transfer some of the Falcons woes onto the Braves.  I can't tell you how many times I saw this.

I remember one time,  maybe it was 03 after Vick was lost for the season.  Anyway Falcons were playing a team and stinking up the joint.  It was early in the season because the Braves were still playing.  So Falcons are stinking so bad the Dome breaks out in the Tomahawk Chop chant.  I remember thinking oh that's bad.  You don't want to associate the Braves with the Falcons losing.

Guess what happened after that?  Braves got eliminated.

Like I said.  Don't associate the Braves with the Falcons losing.  But it's too late.  You went there.

Remember, if the Braves get eliminated in the playoffs it's entirely your fault.  If they don't and win the world series please by all means come back and call me out and I'll happily eat crow.