Jump to content

Do other NFL fan bases treat their teams better than we do the Falcons?


Recommended Posts

How would you rank the Falcons fan base compared to other NFL fan bases? How do other NFL franchises treat their team when they struggle? Do other teams home field become half empty when they play like trash? Do other fan bases yell fire the coach and QB after a bad game like we do? In general how do you think we compare to the other teams fan bases that have not won a championship or haven't won a championship in a very long time? I would like your guys opinion? Are we good supportive fans compared to the other fan bases?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From what I’ve seen, pretty much every teams fan bases completely overreact to the littlest things. There’s some that are better than others, but our fans are basically the norm. I think the fans of c

Are fans considered "good" because they keep showing up to watch a sh'tty product, like Cincy and Cleveland have for the past 30 years? Or are they "smart" because they stop showing up to watch a

Are other fan bases treated as badly by their team as Falcon fans?

From what I’ve seen, pretty much every teams fan bases completely overreact to the littlest things. There’s some that are better than others, but our fans are basically the norm. I think the fans of constantly sucky teams are probably more lax due to being used to losing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Falcons probably have a stronger following than their past performance has deserved.  It's a credit to the fanbase that the team hasn't moved to another city.

We have a great owner now -  (only issue is that he is too close to the players and lets that influence contract decisions), so the franchise is in very good overall shape. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

How would you rank the Falcons fan base compared to other NFL fan bases? How do other NFL franchises treat their team when they struggle? Do other teams home field become half empty when they play like trash? Do other fan bases yell fire the coach and QB after a bad game like we do? In general how do you think we compare to the other teams fan bases that have not won a championship or haven't won a championship in a very long time? I would like your guys opinion? Are we good supportive fans compared to the other fan bases?

A very small percentage of our fan base posts on here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

 It's a credit to the fanbase that the team hasn't moved to another city.

 

Pretty sure the team is contracted with the state of Georgia and city of Atlanta that they can't leave, and that they won't be sold. That might be different nowadays, but that's the way it was back when they built the Dome, they had to stay here for another 20 years. So it's probably the same arrangement with Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fan since 1968 said:

Are other fan bases treated as badly by their team as Falcon fans?

 

1 minute ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Falcons are a different type of loser .. even compared to the likes of Cincy or Cleveland . They deserve to be treated as such . I’ve been a die hard since 2000 & I’m already over the accepted mediocrity . 

The Vikings and 90's Bills have similarities. Imo

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

From what I’ve seen, pretty much every teams fan bases completely overreact to the littlest things. There’s some that are better than others, but our fans are basically the norm. I think the fans of constantly sucky teams are probably more lax due to being used to losing. 

This ^^^

And ES(uck)PN made us the convenient target of this and ran with it making it appear that we were significantly different than everyone else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Are fans considered "good" because they keep showing up to watch a sh'tty product, like Cincy and Cleveland have for the past 30 years?

Or are they "smart" because they stop showing up to watch a sh'tty product, like you're about to see here in Atlanta?

That's not the point. How do we act when football season is over? We will watch the CFL, Arena League, XFL etc. We love football, and we should love our team that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Pretty sure the team is contracted with the state of Georgia and city of Atlanta that they can't leave, and that they won't be sold. That might be different nowadays, but that's the way it was back when they built the Dome, they had to stay here for another 20 years. So it's probably the same arrangement with Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

I can still dream about the city kicking this team to St Louis and starting a new franchise without the 53 year stench and 28-3 hanging over our heads.

Honestly what has this team ever done to deserve any fan loyalty?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Here more than most. 

Honestly though you've been preaching this y'all just want the underdog story for years and years.

 

 

 

The NFL is built on that ****. Montana, Steve Young, Jerry Rice, John Randle.....it keeps going. The NFL will push every single underdog story as hard as it can and it's not because it just applies here. The underdog story applies nationally. Literally every fan base loves the underdog story.

 

I mean they don't make movies about the immensely talented dude makes it big and everything goes as it should. They make movies about the never give up try hard individual succeeding.....because follow me here.....the underdog story applies nationally.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...