October 2019 Recruiting Thread

2 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

SoFl Dawg just gave an update on Ringo that was not positive.  Said that Oregon is making a move.

A few guys on TOS think SoFl Dawg might be trolling us right before a Ringo commit.

I suck at snuffing out that kind of stuff so I dunno.   Never seen SoFl troll before - although I did see him do a “brotha sipping coffee” gif later in the thread - so who knows?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Asked a guy I trust on recruiting info about Ringo and he said he had not heard anything new about Oregon and would be surprised if things had changed with him. He messaged me again a couple hours lat

Some nice UGA Nuggets Georgia football: These defensive stats are insane “This Georgia defense is the best in the conference and one of the few best in the entire NCAA. Yesterday proved

I hope some of our whiny fans decommit and become Bama fans.

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

What's going on? A month ago, Evans and Ringo were locks, or at least close to it.

No one is a lock until they sign on the dotted line, and until they commit publicly, it's just hearsay

Admittedly, I start to get a little worried about a kid when everything we're hearing is how they're "100% Dawg" but months pass and they still haven't committed.

I really only understand silent commits when they're a short precursor to public commits, ie. just looking for the right time, but when months go by, being silently "committed" starts to lose its meaning. 

I hope SoFl Dawg is trolling about Ringo. Pretty sure he has done it before on Ringo but stated as much in a matter of hours.

DawgNation has to ongoing thing about Ringo updates every day so hopefully he is just having some fun. 

Has he posted about Ringo wavering on any of the other sites? If he has I would tend to believe him then.

3 hours ago, tdub0199 said:

Yeah, SoFl_Dawg gave us all some bad news just a little while ago on tos, I, myself have never seen him troll anyone....

ok - so in the last 24 hours Ringo has posted an edit from UGA, Texas and Oregon. - the most recent one being Oregon two hours ago.

Maybe this is a prelude to an announcement this afternoon.   Hopefully SoFl Dawg is just trying to raise everyone's temperatures to produce maximum excitement.    The original final 4 was UGA, Texas, Oregon and Bama.   Someone said earlier Ringo hasn't been to Oregon since April - seems hard to believe he would flip his commitment or his favorite w/o visiting for a game.

I dunno....kids like to build the drama

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Asked a guy I trust on recruiting info about Ringo and he said he had not heard anything new about Oregon and would be surprised if things had changed with him. He messaged me again a couple hours later and said “All Dawg. It’s done.”

For what it’s worth. :shrug:

nice update - maybe Ringo is ready to commit and all these edits and drips are to build up drama before an announcement.

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

^^^^Good Lord!

I believe Caleb Williams is the most important recruit on the board for the Dawgs in the next three years - he is a must get!

Caleb Williams or Gunner Stockton. Caleb is 2021, Gunner is 2022. Both are elite QBs that can do it all physically. We got in on Gunner very very early btw.

Also, don’t let the downers about Carson Beck’s season sway you much. His team is really really bad this year. He may ultimately be a depth guy if we get Caleb in the next cycle, but he is definitely a very capable QB.

If we don’t get Fromm back for next year the QB situation will be really interesting. We’d probably seek a graduate transfer to compete for the job. Not sure at the moment what the future holds for Mathis.