Jump to content

October 2019 Recruiting Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Asked a guy I trust on recruiting info about Ringo and he said he had not heard anything new about Oregon and would be surprised if things had changed with him. He messaged me again a couple hours lat

Some nice UGA Nuggets Georgia football: These defensive stats are insane “This Georgia defense is the best in the conference and one of the few best in the entire NCAA. Yesterday proved

I hope some of our whiny fans decommit and become Bama fans.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Some years we will take more instate kids. Some years we won’t. This staff has worked hard to be able to recruit at a higher level than before, which means recruiting nationally if a player is a better fit or more talented than a local kid. If we prioritize a Georgia kid I think we have to land that player, but ultimately it’s the player’s choice and we can’t limit our recruiting.

Staff wants Gilbert pretty badly, but his interests and what we have to offer don’t align to his liking. It’s his choice and more power to him. We will get Washington who is literally rated one spot behind Gilbert on the 247 composite and everyone has said he is a better fit for our team anyway. Would love to have Gilbert also but I’m perfectly fine with it. 

Yeah Washington is probably a better fit for what Dawgs run now -  if Dawgs ever tweak the offense to be more explosive, then Gilbert would be preferred but for now DW probably makes more sense.

Land DW and the kid from Texas and we will have all we need for TE.    Grab a good RB, land Sewell, Burch and Ringo and I will be a happy camper.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Dont feed the troll. He isn't a UGA fan.

I most likely been following the dawgs since before you were born.  I go back to the split 60 defense that the dawgs used to run.  First game I watched was the game in 1977 where Dorsett ran wild on the dawgs in the Sugarbowl.  Just demolished Erk's split 60 defense.  My first taste of Georgia was awful but I stayed with them.  Dooley knew he had a great defense and it took a great back like Dorsett to shred it so a few years later when Herschel Walker was being recruited, there was NO WAY he was leaving Georgia. (  The NCAA REALLY got involved in recruiting after Georgia signed Herschel).  Vince became conVINCED that a elite running back is what it was gonna take to win that natty and he guessed right.   Georgia hasn't won a natty since so I'm VERY hard on my criticism of them when they don't get and play the ELITE players...

 

Image result for tony dorsett vs georgia bulldogs

 

 

Edited by Spts1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah Washington is probably a better fit for what Dawgs run now -  if Dawgs ever tweak the offense to be more explosive, then Gilbert would be preferred but for now DW probably makes more sense.

Land DW and the kid from Texas and we will have all we need for TE.    Grab a good RB, land Sewell, Burch and Ringo and I will be a happy camper.

Have you watched any of Washington’s film? The guy flat out dominates as a receiver.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s goooooo

Saturday's subpar weather in Athens was a small consideration for Rivals100 wide receiver and Georgia Bulldogs commit Marcus Rosemy.

"No, it didn’t dampen the experience at all," Rosemy said. "I saw they were very resilient, and when adversity strikes, they just kept on fighting throughout the game.”

In fact, it was business as usual.

“We got to hang out with some other recruits, and we went to the game and watched that. It was raining and cold, so I went in and watched it from inside. After that, we ate dinner and went to the hotel," Rosemy said. "We woke up the next morning and went to the facilities for some presentations. That was basically it.”

But time with the coaches still managed to convince the nation's No. 28 overall playerthat he'd made the right decision.

“It was nice. We got a chance to be with Coach [Cortez] Hankton and Coach [Kirby] Smart before the game, and it was chill and mellow. The vibe was good. There was really no set message," Rosemy said. "They told me that the receiver corps is a numbers game, and they really need receivers. I believe I can come in early.”

Current Georgia players also aided efforts.

“It was really cool. They showed me how they live and how college life is, and what they do on a day-to-day basis. It was about how they go about their lives. I was with George Pickens and Tyrique Stevenson," Rosemy said. "They told me they love it. They love the experience, the people, and the football.”

That was good enough for Rosemy to shut down his process.

“I’m done. It just feels like I’m home when I’m at Georgia," he said. "It’s a family atmosphere I really like, and I feel like I’m already part of the team. Everything is solid. It’s the place to be. I gotta be here.”

While the four-star wide out won't enroll in January, he tells UGASports he plans to sign in the early period in December.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:44 PM, Carter said:

Bama guys are already trying to run some bs about Bama shying away from Washington due to off the field issues.

:lol: 

Washington is an awesome dude and Bama took Jonathan Taylor after we dismissed him for domestic abuse.

Sour grapes are just more sour in the state of Alabama.

We all know the truth about that situation with Taylor, Saban, and Kirby. Both coaches wanted him to have 1 more chance. To turn the table on that is just wrong, it didn't work out for the kid and that is too bad.

The reason Bama is laying back on Williams besides those issues is their roster of inhouse QB's and committed QBs.

We have on roster now: Tua, junior. Mac Jones, #18 pro style ranked sophmore. Paul Tyson, #12 pro style ranked freshman. Taulia, # 5 ranked pro style freshman.

Class 2020, Bryce Young #1 rank dual threat

Class 2021, Drake Maye, # 7 ranked pro style

 

I know @SacFalcFan you and others like to call out our fan base whenever you get a chance. But fans are called fans for a reasons, others around the country say the same thing about GA fans.

But I think us Bama fans on this board are not that bad and are quite respectful to you Georgia fans. Not one of us said anything negative to any of you about your  lose to SC, can you say the same if we had lost that game? Just something to consider.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

We all know the truth about that situation with Taylor, Saban, and Kirby. Both coaches wanted him to have 1 more chance. To turn the table on that is just wrong, it didn't work out for the kid and that is too bad.

 

 Taylor beat the **** out of a woman.  That was a horrible look for Saban.  Second chances should be reserved for certain situations, abusing a woman, or child not being one.

*** It's amazing what some will be willing to look past, in order to win.  I guarantee that if Saban's daughter's husband beat the crap out of her, he wouldn't give him a second chance.  Nor should he.

Edited by Turkeydawg
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Yes.  And Bamalady, what issues are you speaking of regarding the QB with the last name of Williams???

Lol I think she read Washington as Williams and went full "WELL WE DON'T WANT OR NEED HIM ANYWAY"

Because we all know Saban doesn't care about getting the best players because "we got enough".

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

 Taylor beat the **** out of a woman.  That was a horrible look for Saban.  Second chances should be reserved for certain situations, abusing a woman, or child not being one.

*** It's amazing what some will be willing to look past, in order to win.  I guarantee that if Saban's daughter's husband beat the crap out of her, he wouldn't give him a second chance.  Nor should he.

You are aware that Kirby was in on that deal? He wanted the guy to get a second chance. You can insult me if you want, but I do know a little something about what goes on behind the scenes. You might want to check your sources!

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

You are aware that Kirby was in on that deal? He wanted the guy to get a second chance. You can insult me if you want, but I do know a little something about what goes on behind the scenes. You might want to check your sources!

1. Where did I insult you?

2. What did I get wrong regarding Taylor choking a woman and punching her in the face with a closed fist?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

1. Where did I insult you?

2. What did I get wrong regarding Taylor choking a woman and punching her in the face with a closed fist?

You are wrong because you seem to think that Saban was the only player in that game. If you are going to call out Saban, you need to hold Smart's feet to the same fire. Kirby wanted Saban to give the kid a second chance.

You know as well as I do, you were basically screaming at me and treating me like I was a dumba**.  I may have misread the post, I own that, but I am not stupid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

You are wrong because you seem to think that Saban was the only player in that game. If you are going to call out Saban, you need to hold Smart's feet to the same fire. Kirby wanted Saban to give the kid a second chance.

You know as well as I do, you were basically screaming at me and treating me like I was a dumba**.  I may have misread the post, I own that, but I am not stupid.

It all falls on Saban as the head coach, despite what you think.  If Smart, as the UGA head coach made such a decision, I would call him out for it as well.

All I did was point out the facts and I ask you again, would Saban give her daughter’s husband a second chance if he punched her in the face?  He’s all for second chances, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

It all falls on Saban as the head coach, despite what you think.  If Smart, as the UGA head coach made such a decision, I would call him out for it as well.

All I did was point out the facts and I ask you again, would Saban give her daughter’s husband a second chance if he punched her in the face?  He’s all for second chances, right?

Typical Georgia double standard. It's ok for your head coach to reach out to his former boss and ask that he give this guy a chance. His former boss says yes, we will give him 1 chance and then he is gone. The player screws up before the season even starts and he is gone. But Kirby is clean as whistle is this? Incredible!

Would Kirby advocate for someone who beat his daughter? That is where it all began with Kirby!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...