Jump to content

October 2019 Recruiting Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Is Coley on the hot seat?

No way to confirm something like that now. Rumors have been floating but you can’t take them too seriously at this point. 

I honestly don’t know where we stand with Caleb Williams. I don’t think many do at the moment. If Coley is hypothetically on the hot seat I’m sure we would navigate that as well as possible. It’s still mind blowing that we convinced Fields to play for Jim Chaney lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Asked a guy I trust on recruiting info about Ringo and he said he had not heard anything new about Oregon and would be surprised if things had changed with him. He messaged me again a couple hours lat

Some nice UGA Nuggets Georgia football: These defensive stats are insane “This Georgia defense is the best in the conference and one of the few best in the entire NCAA. Yesterday proved

I hope some of our whiny fans decommit and become Bama fans.

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Carter said:

No way to confirm something like that now. Rumors have been floating but you can’t take them too seriously at this point. 

I honestly don’t know where we stand with Caleb Williams. I don’t think many do at the moment. If Coley is hypothetically on the hot seat I’m sure we would navigate that as well as possible. It’s still mind blowing that we convinced Fields to play for Jim Chaney lol

Fields was quoted as saying that before his commitment he was just tired of the whole thing, and asked his dad if it was alright for him to stop thinking about where he should go but just where he wanted to go

I got from that statement that Fields eventually just prioritized friends, close to family, and just how much he liked the school over everything else

but that only worked for so long

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Is Coley on the hot seat?

If the Dawgs put out another stinker on offense against Florida, you can bet it's going to heat up considerably.  It still drives me crazy that Kirby can nitpick every little detail that the defense did wrong the past few weeks, but he seems to have blinders on considering the offense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, richham said:

If the Dawgs put out another stinker on offense against Florida, you can bet it's going to heat up considerably.  It still drives me crazy that Kirby can nitpick every little detail that the defense did wrong the past few weeks, but he seems to have blinders on considering the offense.

I think there is a huge difference between a fan base getting their panties in a wad over play calling and how a HC sees things.  If it’s execution, which seems to be part of the problem, that’s not on the OC.

I would love to open things up and I think Kirby would too, but at the same time, he is also fine with wearing down teams and winning in the 2nd half.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Per Rusty, Gilbert was in contact with 3 teams yesterday: Bama, UGA and LSU.  He is to let each school know of his decision, shortly before announcing.  Based on the lead Bama has maintained for months, Rusty (and everyone else), has him committing there, but said that both UGA and LSU were really in it, too. 
Now let’s go secure 2 of DW, TJ, or MH and then grab Gibbs as our second back!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I think there is a huge difference between a fan base getting their panties in a wad over play calling and how a HC sees things.  If it’s execution, which seems to be part of the problem, that’s not on the OC.

I would love to open things up and I think Kirby would too, but at the same time, he is also fine with wearing down teams and winning in the 2nd half.

Well if the Dawgs are going to stick to their wearing teams down on offense and not at least try to exploit another teams weakness and get the matchups that favor us, we will lose to Florida.  Florida is going to attack us exactly like sc and kent. did defensively.

Edited by richham
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, richham said:

Well if the Dawgs are going to stick to their wearing teams down on offense and not at least try to exploit another teams weakness and get the matchups that favor us, we will lose to Florida.  Florida is going to attack us exactly like sc and kent. did defensively.

Preaching to the choir.  They needed to spread out the field.  Toss sweeps, throws to rb’s out of the backfield, Cook in the slot, bunch formations etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richham said:

If the Dawgs put out another stinker on offense against Florida, you can bet it's going to heat up considerably.  It still drives me crazy that Kirby can nitpick every little detail that the defense did wrong the past few weeks, but he seems to have blinders on considering the offense.

He doesn’t have blinders on, he’s just not going to put them on blast in the media when they’re already getting killed in the media. The defense needs to stay feeling like they aren’t playing well enough and have a chip on their shoulder. Saban has done this all the time. I feel like a lot of people overlook the fact Kirby has to handle the psychology part of keeping his team in a certain mindset for competing at the highest level.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is also the aspect that the little mistakes we make on defense can and will become game breaking mistakes against teams we will have to go through for a championship. Take poor angles or miss tackles against Bama, LSU, Oklahoma or Ohio State and they will hit pay dirt. Auburn has a couple guys who will burn you quick. The defense has played very well and can play with anyone, but there is a lot of room for improvement too.

Offensively, we can’t let one bad game define us and that’s what everyone wants to do. That’s something Kirby has to defeat inside the locker room. Obviously there is a lot of improvement needed there but we don’t need to reinvent the wheel now to get where we want to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Carter said:

Sounds like Theo Johnson had a great visit to Penn State. 

Gonna be really interesting to see how things close out with TE, RB and WR.

Good news is that we have options at each spot.  I would prefer to get DW and Theo, but will still be excited with DW paired with Henderson.  I have no clue what we do with that 2nd rb spot.  Seems like we are staying in contact with several backs.  If I could pick between Arian Smith and Xzavier Henderson, I would take Smith.  If we miss on both, I imagine that spot would go to BPA, but who knows for sure what direction the staff would want to go, especially how our wr's have struggled this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

And we so badly need Landers to be able to catch the ball.  He could be such a weapon.  He is extremely twitchy for someone his size.

Kid just isn’t a football player imo.

We need to get D-Rob more involved. Kid has been very reliable but we forget he’s on the team every other game it seems...like Mecole

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cali Visionz said:

Kid just isn’t a football player imo.

We need to get D-Rob more involved. Kid has been very reliable but we forget he’s on the team every other game it seems...like Mecole

DRob has been hampered by injuries.  Always has something nagging.  It’s not a matter of anyone forgetting he’s there, but rather him struggling to separate.  We still haven’t seen the explosiveness he had as a freshman at Cal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...