Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

October 2019 Recruiting Thread

447 posts in this topic

Im so less interested in recruiting after the way most of our 5 stars are playing. I once was super hyped about the recruiting classes but we dont seem to be coaching em up so well. It just has me a little guarded of being pumped iver a 5 star when out team got beat by a team with way lower rated recruiting classes.

sdogg and Ovie_Lover like this

1 hour ago, Dawggone said:

Im so less interested in recruiting after the way most of our 5 stars are playing. I once was super hyped about the recruiting classes but we dont seem to be coaching em up so well. It just has me a little guarded of being pumped iver a 5 star when out team got beat by a team with way lower rated recruiting classes.

Well the rankings coming out of high school are just educated guesses on how those players will turn out. They seem to have finally settled on the definition of a 5 star being a player that projects to being a 1st round pick in the NFL draft. 

We won’t win every game. The most talented team got blown out by a less talented team in the national title game last season, where their best receiver was a former walk on and not a single 5 star on the offensive line.

Recruiting will never not be interesting to me since I started following it more closely. It’s so cool to see guys rise up from just being a guy you watched clips of in high school and thought would be really good. Even if they aren’t Dawgs. It’s a lot more sweet when they play for the good guys though. ^_^

g-dawg likes this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Well the rankings coming out of high school are just educated guesses on how those players will turn out. They seem to have finally settled on the definition of a 5 star being a player that projects to being a 1st round pick in the NFL draft. 

We won’t win every game. The most talented team got blown out by a less talented team in the national title game last season, where their best receiver was a former walk on and not a single 5 star on the offensive line.

Recruiting will never not be interesting to me since I started following it more closely. It’s so cool to see guys rise up from just being a guy you watched clips of in high school and thought would be really good. Even if they aren’t Dawgs. It’s a lot more sweet when they play for the good guys though. ^_^

agreed.   Also, I believe our defensive scheme may be holding back our sack production for our DE/OLBs......Let's give Kirby a little time to evolve - Dabo wasn't a world-beater his first few years in Clemson, either.

21 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Jamil Burroughs commits to Sparty - Michigan State bound.

Looks like he is announcing today.  Tim Watts put in his cb for Bama.

4 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Looks like he is announcing today.  Tim Watts put in his cb for Bama.

Weird.  I got that from Dawgnation website that he was going to Michigan State.  I thought it was an Edit showing committed.  Oh well, sorry for the misinformation.

39 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Weird.  I got that from Dawgnation website that he was going to Michigan State.  I thought it was an Edit showing committed.  Oh well, sorry for the misinformation.

I think it was showing Simmons going to MSU and there was another pic of Burroughs with it.

g-dawg likes this

Like has been said before regarding these recruits: they care more about seeing the field early and how they fit into a scheme, more so than witnessing a bad loss.  

52 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

If this was a wake up call like LSU last year was, then I think it will have minimal effect. But if they play like they did this past Saturday again with their collective heads up their own prostrate canals, then yeah I think we could easily lose a few.....maybe not many, but a few.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Gotta believe Bama has a huge lead.   Would love to get him as I see a 1st round talent in Arik.

13 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Gotta believe Bama has a huge lead.   Would love to get him as I see a 1st round talent in Arik.

On average, there's about 1 te drafted in the first round per year.  The best college te doesn't equate to the best NFL te.  I think Gilbert can be a great te, but could have more of an impact on the defensive side of the ball.  I would love to get him, as a te, or olb, but I don't think it will happen.

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Gibbs has picked up an OSU, is being visited by Bama staff this week and is scheduled to visit Bama this weekend, then LSU, Ohio State and Florida.

https://www.al.com/recruiting/2019/10/another-josh-jacobs-georgia-hs-running-back-getting-late-attention-from-alabama.html?outputType=amp

At this point I’m 100% ok with moving on from Evans and taking Gibbs. He’s legit.

Umm, this is scary.  This kid will be in Athens this weekend, per 247.

David Mbadinga - The other starting 2023 RB from Kell that is creating a buzz. He is close to a 1,000 yards rushing starting as a 14 year old in 5A.

Wardog357 likes this