Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

October 2019 Recruiting Thread

447 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I mean I’m glad to hear that Ringo is all Dawg, but don’t understand the need for the trolling nonsense.

I'm not crazy about it either but the guy brings a lot of value and insiderness (just made up that word) - so if he wants to have a little fun w/ us every six months or so, sobeit.

tdub0199 likes this

38 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I mean I’m glad to hear that Ringo is all Dawg, but don’t understand the need for the trolling nonsense.

He gets asked nearly everyday by somebody in that board for a Ringo update, mostly as jokes, even though he has consistently said Ringo is all dawg. So I think he just decided to respond 

:lol:

1 hour ago, mike teevee said:

He gets asked nearly everyday by somebody in that board for a Ringo update, mostly as jokes, even though he has consistently said Ringo is all dawg. So I think he just decided to respond 

:lol:

Some fans seriously don't deserve the quality of info we get

4 hours ago, Carter said:

If we don’t get Fromm back for next year the QB situation will be really interesting. We’d probably seek a graduate transfer to compete for the job. Not sure at the moment what the future holds for Mathis.

I still think Fromm will stay for his senior year.  He’s not desperate for money, his parents are very well off, and he has said before that getting his degree is a really big deal to him, and he’s short on credits unless he comes back.  He also really wants a national championship, so if it doesn’t happen this year, he will want to try again next year. 

tdub0199 and Carter like this

4 hours ago, Carter said:

Caleb Williams or Gunner Stockton. Caleb is 2021, Gunner is 2022. Both are elite QBs that can do it all physically. We got in on Gunner very very early btw.

Also, don’t let the downers about Carson Beck’s season sway you much. His team is really really bad this year. He may ultimately be a depth guy if we get Caleb in the next cycle, but he is definitely a very capable QB.

If we don’t get Fromm back for next year the QB situation will be really interesting. We’d probably seek a graduate transfer to compete for the job. Not sure at the moment what the future holds for Mathis.

I think if we take 2 QBs this cycle, it will tell you how confident the staff is on Mathis ever being cleared

fibonaccisquared likes this

2 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

I think if we take 2 QBs this cycle, it will tell you how confident the staff is on Mathis ever being cleared

Possibly. I’m not going to read too far into it if we do take a 2nd QB, our QB depth is paper thin. Our confidence level on Mathis getting cleared or not could certainly affect that decision though.

Noticed when Kirby was asked in postgame presser about Azeez Ojulari, he really bragged about the kid and his family.   I still am holding out hope lil’ bro BJ makes his way into the 2020 class.

D.B.N. likes this

5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Noticed when Kirby was asked in postgame presser about Azeez Ojulari, he really bragged about the kid and his family.   I still am holding out hope lil’ bro BJ makes his way into the 2020 class.

I remember they mentioned on tv after Azeez made a big play that his brother BJ is committed to Tennessee. Sure don’t remember them mentioning anyone committed to UGA. <_<

That is a great family though from all that I’ve ever heard about them. Instilled discipline, manners and a very strong work ethic in those boys.

g-dawg likes this

6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

It’s so tough with the numbers.  We are at a point where we have to say no to some extremely talented kids.  What makes it worse is when they go to a rival.  I think BJ would be a fine addition to any team, UGA included.

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

It’s so tough with the numbers.  We are at a point where we have to say no to some extremely talented kids.  What makes it worse is when they go to a rival.  I think BJ would be a fine addition to any team, UGA included.

Yeah, I understand about the numbers and the depth at the position that already exists.  Also  have read that BJ wants to make his own way.  Just saying that in the end if a spot opens up,  would love to see Kirby & Lanning swoop in and grab him.   So much of a player being special is mental makeup and character - and basically we already know that is baked in the cake with BJ Ojulari.

Turkeydawg and Cali Visionz like this

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah, I understand about the numbers and the depth at the position that already exists.  Also  have read that BJ wants to make his own way.  Just saying that in the end if a spot opens up,  would love to see Kirby & Lanning swoop in and grab him.   So much of a player being special is mental makeup and character - and basically we already know that is baked in the cake with BJ Ojulari.

I think UGA has a couple “plan B” guys and BJ is one of them. I wouldn’t be mad if we took him in that case 

9 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I think UGA has a couple “plan B” guys and BJ is one of them. I wouldn’t be mad if we took him in that case 

Anecdotally, UGA has had good luck with brothers - Stinchcombs(OL), Baileys(CB/LB) and Kesslers(Basketball) to name a few.

Bdawg58 likes this

On 10/4/2019 at 3:27 PM, Turkeydawg said:

Jahmyr Gibbs is now a 93 rated four star and number 133 nationally, per 247.

I trust my gut... saw his footage ages ago and IMHO (as I said at the time) he was up there with the best RBs in the state. I like him more than Tank for sure... but my opinion on Tank at this point should not be a surprise. :lol: 

On 10/4/2019 at 5:55 PM, Turkeydawg said:

You would have to have been on TOS when some stuff went down and SoFL left for a while to understand the troll job....

We have 16 commits right - do we think we lose any?

leaves 8 spots

burch

evans

walker

washington

ringo

t. Johnson

sewell 

Dexter

some rb if we don’t get Evans 

Another wr?

those I believe are our remaining targets- anyone I missed- thoughts on our chances this thread is dead just want to discuss 

49 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

leaves 8 spots

burch

evans

walker

washington

ringo

t. Johnson

sewell 

Dexter

some rb if we don’t get Evans 

Another wr?

those I believe are our remaining targets- anyone I missed- thoughts on our chances this thread is dead just want to discuss 

No clue if we lose someone, but it wouldn’t be surprising.  Have read that we would take 2 of the 3 dl’s, but not all 3.  Best shot at Walker, then Burch and least likely is Dexter.  

Sounds like UGA and Evans is a staff decision, but will be a battle to keep him committed.  If we don’t get him/move on, we will take a 2nd rb and we have several quality options.  

Most feel very confident in getting Ringo and Washington, but have some work to do with Theo.  Penn State and Iowa are two main schools in competition for him.

Sewell will likely be a UGA/Oregon battle.

We are still recruiting Arian Smith, but that is gonna be a tough pull.  He has that Clemson offer.  

Depending on how several things shake out, one of the assumed spots could go to bpa.

2 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

I could see WR having some movement depending on how it and TE recruitment goes with our remaining targets

Also continues to be rumblings of staff already planning on Stackhouse not being in the class if they get their guys

I really don't see anyone else at least getting processed; all others seem solid, and with no reason to move them

Any others would be a surprise, and probably be really bad for us and a sign of trouble

Right now it’s believed we have more guys that want in than we have spots. I believe we will possibly see a couple of processed players that are currently committed. The only I’d really keep an eye decommitting is Stackhouse but who knows. 
I believe we will get Burch, Ringo, Johnson, Washington and Sewell. Other than those guys I think it’s a toss up who ends up in those last couple spots. Should be interesting though

95Dawg likes this