Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

October 2019 Recruiting Thread

447 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Xzavier Henderson will be in Athens for the Kentucky game.

I saw a couple of cloudy CBs for him earlier in the week so it makes me wonder if this and the visit coincides with the thought that Arian Smith's recruitment would be over if Clemson offered. 

25 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Yeah, but if Eason didn't get injured, he would still be our starter and more likely wouldn't be playing as well as he is this season.

That’s just an opinion though.  He threw for a whopping 180 vs USC and 162 vs the two real teams he’s played.  He might have a little better stats but he’s not lighting it up against good competition.

27 minutes ago, RxDawg said:

I saw a couple of cloudy CBs for him earlier in the week so it makes me wonder if this and the visit coincides with the thought that Arian Smith's recruitment would be over if Clemson offered. 

Quite possible.

3 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Man you're takes are awful

Eason will probably be a first round pick playing for Washington, than he would have been, playing for us. 

5 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Eason will probably be a first round pick playing for Washington, than he would have been, playing for us. 

Did you have a stroke as you typed this?

Carter likes this

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Did you have a stroke as you typed this?

What's the problem? Eason has been playing great and was held back in UGA, just like Fromm is now.... but you have an issue with it? Okay.

2 hours ago, Nereek said:

He would have been a first rounder with us too.  Give him a few more games before we say he’s had a great season.

Ovie_Lover likes this

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, Nereek said:

What's the problem? Eason has been playing great and was held back in UGA, just like Fromm is now.... but you have an issue with it? Okay.

This is your problem, a fundamental misunderstanding with what is really going on. Fromm is actually getting a much better education on how to be an NFL QB than these other QBs are who aren't playing in a pro-style offense. All you see are more passes which leads to more passing yards and more stats. 

It's one thing to say that his passing yardage per game totals are being held back by our scheme, which is most definitely true. It's quite another to suggest that the development of the QB is being held back by the scheme: it's demonstrably untrue. And even regarding the passing yardage, it's less a scheme issue and more of a Kirby issue that prefers to play conservative and run the ball and minimize potential mistakes on offense while wearing out the other team. 

Edited by RandomFan

3 hours ago, RandomFan said:

This is your problem, a fundamental misunderstanding with what is really going on. Fromm is actually getting a much better education on how to be an NFL QB than these other QBs are who aren't playing in a pro-style offense. All you see are more passes which leads to more passing yards and more stats. 

It's one thing to say that his passing yardage per game totals are being held back by our scheme, which is most definitely true. It's quite another to suggest that the development of the QB is being held back by the scheme: it's demonstrably untrue. And even regarding the passing yardage, it's less a scheme issue and more of a Kirby issue that prefers to play conservative and run the ball and minimize potential mistakes on offense while wearing out the other team. 

Exactly. Fromm is a field general. Stats only tell part of the story anyway. The dude is right behind Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence in the Georgia HS yardage and TD records... he can sling it. Our offense is not about the QB racking up fantasy points.

How often do you hear a QB say his biggest weakness is he’s always trying to get the offense into the perfect play? His pre-snap activity is along the lines of a Peyton Manning and his efficiency after the snap is undeniable.

We’re gonna miss Jake when he’s gone.

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

giphy.gif

Pretty much all of the replies are Purdue fans lol

Who the flippity flaps is this guy and why is he trying to get clout from UGA 

Carter likes this

Rivals interview with Tank Bigsby...

AUBURN | Callaway (Ga.) running back
Cartavious “Tank” Bigsby has been to three Auburn games this season, but the one he attended Saturday night was a bit different from the first two.

After attending Auburn’s wins over Tulane and Kent State, Bigsby watched as the Tigers rolled up 578 yards of offense, including 217 on the ground, in a 56-23 win over Mississippi State.

“It was great. I loved it,” Bigsby said. “They keep getting better and better. They are starting to trust each other now and the offense is starting to move faster.”

Bigsby, who is ranked the No. 4 running back in the 2020 class, committed to Auburn in August. However, that hasn’t kept other schools from pursuing him, most notably in-state Georgia.

Bigsby took an unofficial visit to Athens on Sept. 21 to watch the Georgia-Notre Dame game.

“I just went there because I wanted to see the game in person,” Bigsby said. “There wasn’t that much to it. I told (Auburn) I was going and I told them they didn’t have anything to worry about.” 

Bigsby said Georgia has recently increased its pursuit of him.
“They’ve picked up (their interest) a lot,” he said. “But I just ignore it.”

Bigsby said he remains firm in his commitment to Auburn and will not return to Georgia. He does, however, plan to return to Auburn for each of the Tigers’ remaining home games.

“It feels like home,” Bigsby said of Auburn. “I enjoy myself here. It just feels like home. They treated me good (Saturday). They treat me the same every time I’m here.”

Bigsby is on pace to graduate in December and enroll at Auburn in January.

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

^^^Game, Set, Match

Yeah, I think if we miss, or move on from Evans, Tank would be tough to flip.  He is gonna be a great collegiate player.  With that said, 2020 is loaded with quality rb’s and we will get a solid one to pair with Milton.

It feels like half of Auburn's roster is always made of kids who got spurned by UGA, and want to get payback/prove they were wrong

14 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

It feels like half of Auburn's roster is always made of kids who got spurned by UGA, and want to get payback/prove they were wrong

True, but they are failing at getting that revenge. We’ve pretty much owned Aub in head to head matchups the past 20 years. 7 wins in the last 20 years, I believe. 

20 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

SoFl Dawg just gave an update on Ringo that was not positive.  Said that Oregon is making a move.

OMG.   We have all assumed he is in the class for the last 6 months.  That would be a gut punch 

10 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

"Silent" commits are meaningless, and no one should ever care

Sure, public commits can always change, but at least they exist

Yeah, I imagine many of these kids would feel more bound to their commitment if it were public.

SoFl said he is so upset about the Ringo thing that he doesn’t even want to talk about it.

That’s not good 

I'll really only start to get worried if/when the CBs start rolling in, but likewise, it's been hard for me to be confident on him without a verbal commitment. 

Porter Osborne Jr likes this