Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

October 2019 Recruiting Thread

447 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Fromm in the first depends on his 40 times at the combine.  

Purple?

14 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Fromm in the first depends on his 40 times at the combine.  

Nah man didn’t you hear it’s all about hand size with qbs right...

2 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

Nah man didn’t you hear it’s all about hand size with qbs right...

FTR, I bet with someone on this board that Ridley wouldn’t go in first three rounds last draft and won that bet when most thought I would lose.

6 hours ago, AutumnEffect said:

I understand you mean no ill will, but I really wish people would stop saying this. We have a future 1st rd QB.

That’s not a knock on the QB at all.... it’s our system. Ground and pound. 9 yards and a cloud of dust. Do I think Fromm can, absolutely if they take the reigns off. Don’t for a second take that as a knock towards Fromm.

7 hours ago, Cali Visionz said:

Must be 2 Floridas and Texas A&M's because the ones in the SEC suck.

Like I always say, I’ll gladly eat crow with a smile on my face to be wrong. But I think one of those two will keep it at least within 10 points. And while saying that, I hope to be wrong.

55 minutes ago, Carter said:

2022 athlete from Jefferson, GA

Just watched his hudl.  Looks like he’s playing against 5th graders.

9 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I doubt Fromm will be a 1st round QB.  He simply hasn't made enough throws in college and doesn't have a physical "plus" trait.  YES, Fromm has a lot of intangibles like leadership and other things - I know the media are trying to hype him as a 1st rounder but I don't see it.  Hope I'm wrong.

Fromm is simply being held back by this offense.

21 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Fromm is simply being held back by this offense.

I would like to find out - as I believe the only way to win in the playoff is to open up the offense a little more.

sdogg likes this

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

I would like to find out - as I believe the only way to win in the playoff is to open up the offense a little more.

Well the guy was 3rd all time in passing in the state of Georgia trailing only Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence so I think he can sling it a little bit.

6 hours ago, Ransack said:

Well the guy was 3rd all time in passing in the state of Georgia trailing only Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence so I think he can sling it a little bit.

He can certainly sling it.  But I also agree that we will need to open up the offense more if we want to make it to the SEC Championship and beyond.

sdogg, UAB_DAWG and g-dawg like this

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

He can certainly sling it.  But I also agree that we will need to open up the offense more if we want to make it to the SEC Championship and beyond.

I'd love for us to distribute the ball. Spread the field. Get the ball to Pickens more. But so far, Coley's offense looks alot like a dumbed-down version of BoBo's screen pass-happy playbook.

46 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

I'd love for us to distribute the ball. Spread the field. Get the ball to Pickens more. But so far, Coley's offense looks alot like a dumbed-down version of BoBo's screen pass-happy playbook.

I saw someone else asking the question about the lack of toss sweeps too.

I enjoy this conversation, but it is also a let down when I see the recruiting thread updated and its not recruiting related. Is there another thread better suited for this conversation? Like the game week thread or UGA news? 

11 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I would like to find out too, since Eason left, he has been playing great. While under our offense, he was good, but didn't play as good as he is now.

38 minutes ago, Nereek said:

I would like to find out too, since Eason left, he has been playing great. While under our offense, he was good, but didn't play as good as he is now.

Well, to be fair he has two years under his belt now instead of being fresh out of high school and he had a redshirt year to learn UW’s O.  

The Great American likes this

1 hour ago, GAbred said:

I enjoy this conversation, but it is also a let down when I see the recruiting thread updated and its not recruiting related. Is there another thread better suited for this conversation? Like the game week thread or UGA news? 

I thought the same then realized with the guys we're after not much is going to happen until December so might as well talk about something.

17 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

So Gilbert is supposed to go to Bama now? Better than UT I suppose.

Seems like once they lost to GSU it sealed the deal.

2 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Well, to be fair he has two years under his belt now instead of being fresh out of high school and he had a redshirt year to learn UW’s O.  

Yeah, but if Eason didn't get injured, he would still be our starter and more likely wouldn't be playing as well as he is this season.