Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

October 2019 Recruiting Thread

447 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Did you just say “rumps?” :rolleyes:

Yep..... lol..... I’d like to say more but afraid the language filter will be enforced so stayed rated G! Lol

g-dawg likes this

3 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

I’d settle for a freshman Nick Chubb-esque campaign.  I really hope the staff can figure out a way to use Cook’s speed next year.

How do y’all see the rb distribution next season?  Zeus getting the majority, but not all of Swift’s current carries, Cook and KMac getting the remainder of Swift’s carries and many of Herrien’s and Milton getting the balance?  If we could get Milton to have fresh legs and take on a little more of the load than Zeus did this year, that would be great.  Now this is assuming that the rb’s are where they need to be in pass pro and that Cook has added more weight, where he can be counted on to do more than just sweeps.  

I think you are spot on unless another RB comes in with Milton and they fight out for the fourth spot. But camp battles can shake everything up. 

48 minutes ago, dostadawg said:

Bj ojulari just decommited from the vols

Going to LSU. He and Arik Gilbert are good friends. I believe he said in the past he was going where Gilbert goes, which was the big reason why some Tennessee fans thought Gilbert would be a Vol.

40 minutes ago, Carter said:

Going to LSU. He and Arik Gilbert are good friends. I believe he said in the past he was going where Gilbert goes, which was the big reason why some Tennessee fans thought Gilbert would be a Vol.

Great move if he ends up at LSU.  Aranda will be a great coach for him.  

g-dawg likes this

37 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Great move if he ends up at LSU.  Aranda will be a great coach for him.  

Who would have ever thought two years ago that Ed Orgeron would have LSU in this position.  SMDH

20 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Who would have ever thought two years ago that Ed Orgeron would have LSU in this position.  SMDH

I thought he could do well at LSU, personally. Didn't see this type of offensive change up coming though. 

g-dawg likes this

19 hours ago, Carter said:

I thought he could do well at LSU, personally. Didn't see this type of offensive change up coming though. 

Anyone else a little nervous about LSU becoming a bigger force on recruiting trail outside of their traditional footprint?  

Arik Gilbert and BJ Ojulari in our state and Jordan Burch was at LSU this weekend.   Not a good thing for UGA, Bama nor Clemson if LSU starts making inroads in some of these other states.

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Anyone else a little nervous about LSU becoming a bigger force on recruiting trail outside of their traditional footprint?  

Arik Gilbert and BJ Ojulari in our state and Jordan Burch was at LSU this weekend.   Not a good thing for UGA, Bama nor Clemson if LSU starts making inroads in some of these other states.

Whatever team is doing well will always be a threat, and "locking up the state" did help produce the 2017 team. That being said, the state of UGA recruiting for the time being is healthy, and I am not worried about the future.

Turkeydawg and TheTrue7 like this

12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

We don't need to be nervous 

You take care of all of that for us 

TheTrue7, joefalco, RxDawg and 1 other like this

Just read an article on 247 about 5 guys on flip watch.  They were:

Eric Reed - db and current Ole Miss verbal

Michael Henderson - te/h-back and current Oklahoma verbal

Don Chaney Jr. - rb and current Miami verbal

Marshawn Lloyd - rb and current South Carolina verbal

Jahmyr Gibbs - rb and current GT verbal.  Rusty said a UGA offer would quickly change things for Gibbs, but said the one to watch right now is Bama, who recently offered him.

*** Rusty also said that the number 1 in state rb that UGA is recruiting, is Daijun Edwards.

Edited by Turkeydawg
AutumnEffect likes this

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Over Ringo?

Yeah, we have elite DBs. Ringo is important of course. The game is won on the line of scrimmage though. The Bosa comparisons on Burch are not far off at all. The dude is going to be a nightmare for OL to deal with.

sdogg and Wardog357 like this

10 hours ago, Carter said:

Yeah, we have elite DBs. Ringo is important of course. The game is won on the line of scrimmage though. The Bosa comparisons on Burch are not far off at all. The dude is going to be a nightmare for OL to deal with.

I have read a few messageboard takes of people who claim to have watched him live or on TV that say he sometimes disappears in games and is an underachiever.  I have no personal knowledge of these accusations.  FWIW (probably not much).

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I have read a few messageboard takes of people who claim to have watched him live or on TV that say he sometimes disappears in games and is an underachiever.  I have no personal knowledge of these accusations.  FWIW (probably not much).

Ignore those **** fans.  It comes off as sour grapes.

g-dawg and Wardog357 like this

46 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Think he’s a must get after missing on breese and Murphy.. is dexter still in play?

I don't believe Dexter is in play.  If we can get him on campus for a visit, we have a shot, but I don't think he has anything planned.  

I sure hope all this waiting around for Evans to get his act together/quit being so wishy-washy, pays off.  I'd love to have the staff button up that position and be able to focus on the rest of the class.  I also wonder how long some of these other backs are willing to hold off committing somewhere, or if they will be firmly bought in to their current school of choice, if Dell comes knocking in the 11th hour.

Edited by Turkeydawg

5 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Think he’s a must get after missing on breese and Murphy.. is dexter still in play?

missing on Breese and Murphy to the same dayum team!!!  Can you imagine missing on ALL THREE and they ALL went to Clemson in the same UckFing year?

I want Burch because we need him but just dayum if he goes there.

Wardog357 and Carter like this