Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

October 2019 Recruiting Thread

447 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

We all know the truth about that situation with Taylor, Saban, and Kirby. Both coaches wanted him to have 1 more chance. To turn the table on that is just wrong, it didn't work out for the kid and that is too bad.

The reason Bama is laying back on Williams besides those issues is their roster of inhouse QB's and committed QBs.

We have on roster now: Tua, junior. Mac Jones, #18 pro style ranked sophmore. Paul Tyson, #12 pro style ranked freshman. Taulia, # 5 ranked pro style freshman.

Class 2020, Bryce Young #1 rank dual threat

Class 2021, Drake Maye, # 7 ranked pro style

I know @SacFalcFan you and others like to call out our fan base whenever you get a chance. But fans are called fans for a reasons, others around the country say the same thing about GA fans.

But I think us Bama fans on this board are not that bad and are quite respectful to you Georgia fans. Not one of us said anything negative to any of you about your  lose to SC, can you say the same if we had lost that game? Just something to consider.

I have many friends who are fans of many different teams, some of them big rivals. I know we have a lot of good rival fans on here. We have some good discussion and I’ve said this many times. I don’t think every statement about certain fans has to be prefaced with a “I’m not talking about all fans” statement. I’ve talked about stupid **** Georgia fans do many times. If the shoe doesn’t fit then don’t wear it.

Whether Kirby talked to Saban about Taylor or not is irrelevant. It’s still a decision Saban and his staff made to accept him after we kicked him out of UGA. Kirby didn’t make him do it. Bama folks just in this cycle alone have tried to say that Zach Evans and Darnell Washington have character issues that Bama is shying away from... but that never came up until it became pretty clear that those guys were not going to Bama. It’s sour grapes. 

Plenty of Bama fans have talked mad trash about our loss to South Carolina. I don’t even care lol. We lost, we deserve all the smoke. Its cool that we don’t have too much of that on here but that’s really beside the point because I wasn’t talking about any Bama fans on here. If I was I would have tagged them.

Bdawg58 and Ovie_Lover like this

13 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Typical Georgia double standard. It's ok for your head coach to reach out to his former boss and ask that he give this guy a chance. His former boss says yes, we will give him 1 chance and then he is gone. The player screws up before the season even starts and he is gone. But Kirby is clean as whistle is this? Incredible!

Would Kirby advocate for someone who beat his daughter? That is where it all began with Kirby!

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama coach Nick Saban would not apologize for signing Jonathan Taylor, but he did say Monday that he was "very, very sorry for the way this worked out."

"I'm not sorry for giving him an opportunity. I'm sorry for the way things worked out," Saban told reporters in Tuscaloosa. "I'm not apologizing for the opportunity that we gave him. I wanted to try to help the guy make it work. It didn't work. So we're sorry that it didn't work and we're sorry there was an incident and we're sorry for the people that were involved in the incident. But we're not apologizing for what we did, and we're going to continue to create opportunities for people in the future and we'll very, very closely evaluate anyone's character that we allow in the program."  (meaning: if they are not in prison and can help us win, we will give them a shot)

"I still think he's a good person," he said. "I think he has a problem and a circumstance and a situation that is not acceptable, and that is his problem. And he has been certainly dealt with relative to this problem."  (wow!  who does he not think is a good person?)

The national criticism directed at Saban and Alabama — start here or here or here or here — is all deserved, particularly considering Saban has not been totally forthright. In his press conference Monday, Saban said Alabama "spoke to everybody who could give us some idea of what kind of man Jonathan Taylor was and is," except the Macon Telegraph reported Georgia coach Mark Richt, who booted Taylor from his program last summer after the first domestic violence arrest, was never contacted, and neither was Ken Mauldin, a district attorney in Georgia working on a previous Taylor case. This is all after Saban arrogantly said last summer at SEC Media Days, "I want you to know that there’s not one player, not one player, since I’ve been a head coach that I kicked off the team that ever went anywhere and amounted to anything and accomplished anything, playing or academically."

Edited by Turkeydawg

6 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama coach Nick Saban would not apologize for signing Jonathan Taylor, but he did say Monday that he was "very, very sorry for the way this worked out."

"I'm not sorry for giving him an opportunity. I'm sorry for the way things worked out," Saban told reporters in Tuscaloosa. "I'm not apologizing for the opportunity that we gave him. I wanted to try to help the guy make it work. It didn't work. So we're sorry that it didn't work and we're sorry there was an incident and we're sorry for the people that were involved in the incident. But we're not apologizing for what we did, and we're going to continue to create opportunities for people in the future and we'll very, very closely evaluate anyone's character that we allow in the program."  (meaning: if they are not in prison and can help us win, we will give them a shot)

"I still think he's a good person," he said. "I think he has a problem and a circumstance and a situation that is not acceptable, and that is his problem. And he has been certainly dealt with relative to this problem."  (wow!  who does he not think is a good person?)

People have issues, some are worse than others. We all have our demons.  As someone who is very important in my life said, Let those you have not sinned throw the first stone.

Saban, or any man with merit, is not going to come out and say, I'm sorry it didn't work out, we believe in giving people seconds chances,(especially when my old buddy Kirby Smart asks me to), but you know what that kid is a real scum bag, what a loser!

Is that what you wanted him to say about the kid?

As an educator, who at times worked in APS with high risk kids, it is the hope of anyone to reach out and help kids. I have beaten my head against the walls until I bleed trying to help. This are kids who are violent, have committed crimes, and luckily there are those who will still advocate for them. Whether they are 10. 18, or 20 years everyone deserves some extra help every now and then!

Edited by BamaBirdLady

1 minute ago, BamaBirdLady said:

People have issues, some are worse than others. We all have our demons.  As someone who is very important in my life said, Let those you have not sinned throw the first stone.

Saban, or any man with merit, is not going to come out and say, I'm sorry it didn't work out, we believe in giving people seconds chances,(especially when my old buddy Kirby Smart asks me to), but you know what that kid is a real scum bag, what a loser!

Is that what you wanted him to say about the kid?

No sense in trying to preach about "those have not sinned throw the first stone" nonsense.  You know it was wrong.  If not, I think it says a lot about you as a person. 

And no, I would not have wanted Saban to have said that, I would have preferred he not bring in a person to the school, with the help of Battle, the A.D., knowing the history of abuse against women.  But, it's win at all cost for Saban.  

I'm done with this and no sense continuing on in the recruiting section.  

35 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

No sense in trying to preach about "those have not sinned throw the first stone" nonsense.  You know it was wrong.  If not, I think it says a lot about you as a person. 

And no, I would not have wanted Saban to have said that, I would have preferred he not bring in a person to the school, with the help of Battle, the A.D., knowing the history of abuse against women.  But, it's win at all cost for Saban.  

I'm done with this and no sense continuing on in the recruiting section.  

I do not know I'm wrong. We will have to agree to disagree.

One thing we can agree on, the conversation is over!

Good luck against FL!

Well it sounds like no sooner than I try to stand up for the kid, Darnell Washington gets angry in a game and ejected. Disputed reports about him striking an assistant coach. Seems he was played with a broken hand and something happened which led to his ejection from the game. Not sure what the full story is.

If he hit a coach, see ya.

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

Well it sounds like no sooner than I try to stand up for the kid, Darnell Washington gets angry in a game and ejected. Disputed reports about him striking an assistant coach. Seems he was played with a broken hand and something happened which led to his ejection from the game. Not sure what the full story is.

Good grief, to potentially lose 2 5star prospects to crap like this would really stink, but I certainly understand it.

Hopefully the coach stuff is BS.

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

It's sad when you see kids like that who have so much talent and just can't get it together.

I had a personal relationship with parents of a 5* recruit RB out of Walton HS who signed with Bama and was kicked off the team. He just couldn't  get himself together and blew it. Tried that college Kamara went to, I forget the name somewhere in Kanas, kicked out of there too!

Maybe it's the Mom in me or a person who has worked so closely with some high risk kids, but it breaks my heart to see this kids throw away their futures.

33 minutes ago, Carter said:

Sounds like he could have been getting physical with another player after a play was over and a coach got in between them. Would be nice to have video or a legit report about it.

This is what I read as well.  He another player were shoving each other, a coach tried to break it up.  No punch was thrown, but he did apparently slam his helmet down.

Carter and 95Dawg like this

6 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Coaches on the road:

Pittman to see Ratledge

Hankton to see Xzavier Henderson

Dell to see Kendall Milton

Dan Lanning to see Dontae Manning

Tray Scott to see Z Walker

Glen Schuman to see Noah Sewell

Warren to see Eric Reed

Coley to see 2020 QB CJ Stroud

Nobody went to see Ringo 1st

Per Rusty:

Talked with Tate Ratledge this morning at his All American Bowl Ceremony and he told me again there are "silents" on their commit text thread. I don't ask kids to tell me, that is their information between them, but I will pass along he told me that much. To be clear he said "multiple."

Edited by Turkeydawg

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Per Rusty:

Talked with Tate Ratledge this morning at his All American Bowl Ceremony and he told me again there are "silents" on their commit text thread. I don't ask kids to tell me, that is their information between them, but I will pass along he told me that much. To be clear he said "multiple."

Someone said "if you're a silent, then you're not really committed."

I tend to agree.

2 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

Someone said "if you're a silent, then you're not really committed."

I tend to agree.

I guess it depends on the player.  There have been plenty of silents that were as strong as any public commit.  UGA has also had silents that moved on.  Personally, I would rather a player commit and then shut it down completely.  No visits, no contact etc., but I don't think that's realistic for a lot of these kids.  There aren't a ton of Nick Chubb's and AJ Green that couldn't care less about the media attention and social media follows.

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Per Rusty:

So is their a great strategy to holding back all of these silents?

Justin Robinson is now a 4 star on 247 and the composite, and 247 made a whole article about it and why

I guess they felt they had to do something to offset dropping Milton out of 5 star status with zero explanation given, though this does very little in that regard

Like lighting a match to make up for putting out someone's bonfire 

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

So is their a great strategy to holding back all of these silents?

Not that i'm aware of.  I wonder if it's more the kids wanting to hold off announcing, or the coaches, or sometimes both.  I like when these kids are all in and start bonding, but then again, it pretty much sounds like that is what is going on anyway with that group chat.

g-dawg likes this

9 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

Justin Robinson is now a 4 star on 247 and the composite, and 247 made a whole article about it and why

I guess they felt they had to do something to offset dropping Milton out of 5 star status with zero explanation given, though this does very little in that regard

Like lighting a match to make up for putting out someone's bonfire 

Does that have one of those filters on there- he looks a head taller than everyone? Can’t be right? Looks like he playing against 12 year olds (not the Ben Cleveland type either)

23 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

Just come in with a chip on your shoulder and Herschel walker their rumps!

I’d settle for a freshman Nick Chubb-esque campaign.  I really hope the staff can figure out a way to use Cook’s speed next year.

How do y’all see the rb distribution next season?  Zeus getting the majority, but not all of Swift’s current carries, Cook and KMac getting the remainder of Swift’s carries and many of Herrien’s and Milton getting the balance?  If we could get Milton to have fresh legs and take on a little more of the load than Zeus did this year, that would be great.  Now this is assuming that the rb’s are where they need to be in pass pro and that Cook has added more weight, where he can be counted on to do more than just sweeps.