Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

October 2019 Recruiting Thread

447 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, UAB_DAWG said:

You seriously should consider the transfer portal. I think the SEC Rant would be a better fit for your talents

:lol:

Ovie_Lover likes this

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Some years we will take more instate kids. Some years we won’t. This staff has worked hard to be able to recruit at a higher level than before, which means recruiting nationally if a player is a better fit or more talented than a local kid. If we prioritize a Georgia kid I think we have to land that player, but ultimately it’s the player’s choice and we can’t limit our recruiting.

Staff wants Gilbert pretty badly, but his interests and what we have to offer don’t align to his liking. It’s his choice and more power to him. We will get Washington who is literally rated one spot behind Gilbert on the 247 composite and everyone has said he is a better fit for our team anyway. Would love to have Gilbert also but I’m perfectly fine with it. 

Yeah Washington is probably a better fit for what Dawgs run now -  if Dawgs ever tweak the offense to be more explosive, then Gilbert would be preferred but for now DW probably makes more sense.

Land DW and the kid from Texas and we will have all we need for TE.    Grab a good RB, land Sewell, Burch and Ringo and I will be a happy camper.

sdogg likes this

2 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Dont feed the troll. He isn't a UGA fan.

I most likely been following the dawgs since before you were born.  I go back to the split 60 defense that the dawgs used to run.  First game I watched was the game in 1977 where Dorsett ran wild on the dawgs in the Sugarbowl.  Just demolished Erk's split 60 defense.  My first taste of Georgia was awful but I stayed with them.  Dooley knew he had a great defense and it took a great back like Dorsett to shred it so a few years later when Herschel Walker was being recruited, there was NO WAY he was leaving Georgia. (  The NCAA REALLY got involved in recruiting after Georgia signed Herschel).  Vince became conVINCED that a elite running back is what it was gonna take to win that natty and he guessed right.   Georgia hasn't won a natty since so I'm VERY hard on my criticism of them when they don't get and play the ELITE players...

Image result for tony dorsett vs georgia bulldogs

Edited by Spts1

27 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

I thought the posting highlights to prove your point logic only existed in TATF; shows what I know

He’s such a huge fan that he changed his name and doesn’t watch when they aren’t playing a P5 team.

Ovie_Lover and Spts1 like this

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah Washington is probably a better fit for what Dawgs run now -  if Dawgs ever tweak the offense to be more explosive, then Gilbert would be preferred but for now DW probably makes more sense.

Land DW and the kid from Texas and we will have all we need for TE.    Grab a good RB, land Sewell, Burch and Ringo and I will be a happy camper.

Have you watched any of Washington’s film? The guy flat out dominates as a receiver.

26 minutes ago, Carter said:

Have you watched any of Washington’s film? The guy flat out dominates as a receiver.

Yes I have seen his film, Arik’s film and seen a few of Arik’s games.

17 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yes I have seen his film, Arik’s film and seen a few of Arik’s games.

Did you watch him vs McEachern?

Washington doesn’t have Gilbert’s speed but like Carter is saying Washington doesn’t lack in any other receiver skill area. Washington’s size will allow him to come in right away as a blocker which as we know is necessary under Kirby. 

95Dawg and Carter like this

1 hour ago, VA F.O. said:

I thought the posting highlights to prove your point logic only existed in TATF; shows what I know

Seems to follow some around..

Let’s goooooo

Saturday's subpar weather in Athens was a small consideration for Rivals100 wide receiver and Georgia Bulldogs commit Marcus Rosemy.

"No, it didn’t dampen the experience at all," Rosemy said. "I saw they were very resilient, and when adversity strikes, they just kept on fighting throughout the game.”

In fact, it was business as usual.

“We got to hang out with some other recruits, and we went to the game and watched that. It was raining and cold, so I went in and watched it from inside. After that, we ate dinner and went to the hotel," Rosemy said. "We woke up the next morning and went to the facilities for some presentations. That was basically it.”

But time with the coaches still managed to convince the nation's No. 28 overall playerthat he'd made the right decision.

“It was nice. We got a chance to be with Coach [Cortez] Hankton and Coach [Kirby] Smart before the game, and it was chill and mellow. The vibe was good. There was really no set message," Rosemy said. "They told me that the receiver corps is a numbers game, and they really need receivers. I believe I can come in early.”

Current Georgia players also aided efforts.

“It was really cool. They showed me how they live and how college life is, and what they do on a day-to-day basis. It was about how they go about their lives. I was with George Pickens and Tyrique Stevenson," Rosemy said. "They told me they love it. They love the experience, the people, and the football.”

That was good enough for Rosemy to shut down his process.

“I’m done. It just feels like I’m home when I’m at Georgia," he said. "It’s a family atmosphere I really like, and I feel like I’m already part of the team. Everything is solid. It’s the place to be. I gotta be here.”

While the four-star wide out won't enroll in January, he tells UGASports he plans to sign in the early period in December.

m2Falcons, 95Dawg, sdogg and 4 others like this

Coaches on the road:

Pittman to see Ratledge

Hankton to see Xzavier Henderson

Dell to see Kendall Milton

Dan Lanning to see Dontae Manning

Tray Scott to see Z Walker

Glen Schuman to see Noah Sewell

Warren to see Eric Reed

Coley to see 2020 QB CJ Stroud

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:44 PM, Carter said:

Bama guys are already trying to run some bs about Bama shying away from Washington due to off the field issues.

:lol: 

Washington is an awesome dude and Bama took Jonathan Taylor after we dismissed him for domestic abuse.

Sour grapes are just more sour in the state of Alabama.

We all know the truth about that situation with Taylor, Saban, and Kirby. Both coaches wanted him to have 1 more chance. To turn the table on that is just wrong, it didn't work out for the kid and that is too bad.

The reason Bama is laying back on Williams besides those issues is their roster of inhouse QB's and committed QBs.

We have on roster now: Tua, junior. Mac Jones, #18 pro style ranked sophmore. Paul Tyson, #12 pro style ranked freshman. Taulia, # 5 ranked pro style freshman.

Class 2020, Bryce Young #1 rank dual threat

Class 2021, Drake Maye, # 7 ranked pro style

I know @SacFalcFan you and others like to call out our fan base whenever you get a chance. But fans are called fans for a reasons, others around the country say the same thing about GA fans.

But I think us Bama fans on this board are not that bad and are quite respectful to you Georgia fans. Not one of us said anything negative to any of you about your  lose to SC, can you say the same if we had lost that game? Just something to consider.

19 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

We all know the truth about that situation with Taylor, Saban, and Kirby. Both coaches wanted him to have 1 more chance. To turn the table on that is just wrong, it didn't work out for the kid and that is too bad.

Taylor beat the **** out of a woman.  That was a horrible look for Saban.  Second chances should be reserved for certain situations, abusing a woman, or child not being one.

*** It's amazing what some will be willing to look past, in order to win.  I guarantee that if Saban's daughter's husband beat the crap out of her, he wouldn't give him a second chance.  Nor should he.

Edited by Turkeydawg

23 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

The reason Bama is laying back on Williams besides those issues is their roster of inhouse QB's and committed QBs.

Didnt he say Washington?

3 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Didnt he say Washington?

Yes.  And Bamalady, what issues are you speaking of regarding the QB with the last name of Williams???

Ovie_Lover likes this

6 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Yes.  And Bamalady, what issues are you speaking of regarding the QB with the last name of Williams???

Lol I think she read Washington as Williams and went full "WELL WE DON'T WANT OR NEED HIM ANYWAY"

Because we all know Saban doesn't care about getting the best players because "we got enough".

23 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Taylor beat the **** out of a woman.  That was a horrible look for Saban.  Second chances should be reserved for certain situations, abusing a woman, or child not being one.

*** It's amazing what some will be willing to look past, in order to win.  I guarantee that if Saban's daughter's husband beat the crap out of her, he wouldn't give him a second chance.  Nor should he.

You are aware that Kirby was in on that deal? He wanted the guy to get a second chance. You can insult me if you want, but I do know a little something about what goes on behind the scenes. You might want to check your sources!

10 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Lol I think she read Washington as Williams and went full "WELL WE DON'T WANT OR NEED HIM ANYWAY"

Because we all know Saban doesn't care about getting the best players because "we got enough".

My bad, I did misread the name.

18 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

He did say Washington, my bad. I didn't mention issues, because he mnetioned issues and I took his word for because I trust his information.

38 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

You are aware that Kirby was in on that deal? He wanted the guy to get a second chance. You can insult me if you want, but I do know a little something about what goes on behind the scenes. You might want to check your sources!

1. Where did I insult you?

2. What did I get wrong regarding Taylor choking a woman and punching her in the face with a closed fist?

10 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

1. Where did I insult you?

2. What did I get wrong regarding Taylor choking a woman and punching her in the face with a closed fist?

You are wrong because you seem to think that Saban was the only player in that game. If you are going to call out Saban, you need to hold Smart's feet to the same fire. Kirby wanted Saban to give the kid a second chance.

You know as well as I do, you were basically screaming at me and treating me like I was a dumba**.  I may have misread the post, I own that, but I am not stupid.

13 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

You are wrong because you seem to think that Saban was the only player in that game. If you are going to call out Saban, you need to hold Smart's feet to the same fire. Kirby wanted Saban to give the kid a second chance.

You know as well as I do, you were basically screaming at me and treating me like I was a dumba**.  I may have misread the post, I own that, but I am not stupid.

It all falls on Saban as the head coach, despite what you think.  If Smart, as the UGA head coach made such a decision, I would call him out for it as well.

All I did was point out the facts and I ask you again, would Saban give her daughter’s husband a second chance if he punched her in the face?  He’s all for second chances, right?

Bdawg58 likes this

33 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

It all falls on Saban as the head coach, despite what you think.  If Smart, as the UGA head coach made such a decision, I would call him out for it as well.

All I did was point out the facts and I ask you again, would Saban give her daughter’s husband a second chance if he punched her in the face?  He’s all for second chances, right?

Typical Georgia double standard. It's ok for your head coach to reach out to his former boss and ask that he give this guy a chance. His former boss says yes, we will give him 1 chance and then he is gone. The player screws up before the season even starts and he is gone. But Kirby is clean as whistle is this? Incredible!

Would Kirby advocate for someone who beat his daughter? That is where it all began with Kirby!