Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

October 2019 Recruiting Thread

447 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Bama is my prediction 

That’s been the thought for some time.  I think if it was up to momma, he would be a Dawg.  

Bdawg58 likes this

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

That’s been the thought for some time.  I think if it was up to momma, he would be a Dawg.  

Sadly, he sees how Bama has evolved it's offense into a pass happy, score at will machine. While he saw first hand how anemic ours is. 

I just hope Kirby has convinced him that we will evole ours as well and he will be a key piece in helping us do that. 

1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

Bama is my prediction 

Yeah it has to be Bama.

Hard to blame any kid that plays TE for picking Bama or Iowa over UGA with the way the Dawgs use Tight Ends right now.  Hopefully it will be a chicken and egg scenario once we land a top flight TE.

sdogg likes this

22 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah it has to be Bama.

Hard to blame any kid that plays TE for picking Bama or Iowa over UGA with the way the Dawgs use Tight Ends right now.  Hopefully it will be a chicken and egg scenario once we land a top flight TE.

Though I agree, Bama is not CURRENTLY throwing any more to the te than UGA is.  They have in the past and had 2 te's drafted high, but it will be interesting to see what they do without Tua next year.  I would love to see Gilbert on defense.  That is where I think he would have the biggest impact.

LG1
Posted on 3 hrs, , User Since 94 months ago, User Post Count: 732
  • 3 hrs
  • 94 months

One last note this morning is that that staff is telling recruits that the new QB after Fromm will be a mobile guy. They feel so strong about the possibility of landing Williams that they have used him as an example along with Mathis.

Look for the offense to look a lot better against UF. The bad weather conditions forced us to be conservative last weekend.

I say we get Gilbert and beat UF by 10.

Go Dawgs

30 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Did injuries do Woerner in?  I thought he would be a legit weapon for the dawgs.

I wonder if it’s that, or if he is just that much better at blocking than Wolf.

31 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:
LG1
Posted on 3 hrs, , User Since 94 months ago, User Post Count: 732
  • 3 hrs
  • 94 months

One last note this morning is that that staff is telling recruits that the new QB after Fromm will be a mobile guy. They feel so strong about the possibility of landing Williams that they have used him as an example along with Mathis.

Look for the offense to look a lot better against UF. The bad weather conditions forced us to be conservative last weekend.

I say we get Gilbert and beat UF by 10.

Go Dawgs

I'll believe it when I see it. 

g-dawg, Billy Ocean, sdogg and 2 others like this

9 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I'll believe it when I see it. 

Oh me too but LG has been better than average with his information.  Rusty is still leaning Bama as of this morning.

LG also stated as above that Momma loves UGA.

Ovie_Lover and g-dawg like this

2 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Oh me too but LG has been better than average with his information.  Rusty is still leaning Bama as of this morning.

LG also stated as above that Momma loves UGA.

I trust LG. I don't trust the coaches to do what they say. 

I'm sure they've said they'll open it up more and try to allow a mobile QB to do his thing. I just don't trust they'll do it.

Cali Visionz, 95Dawg, sdogg and 1 other like this

17 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I trust LG. I don't trust the coaches to do what they say. 

I'm sure they've said they'll open it up more and try to allow a mobile QB to do his thing. I just don't trust they'll do it.

Agreed.  I will believe the mobile QB and throws to TE after it happens.   

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Agreed.  I will believe the mobile QB and throws to TE after it happens.   

Throws to the TE won't happen with Fromm sadly.

I'll believe the mobile QB thing after 3 cupcake games and 1 big boy game to see if Kirby gets pissed at him if he decides to run when he doesnt see an open guy.

sdogg and g-dawg like this

Rusty just said if he had to pick a team right now, it would be Bama, for Gilbert.  With that said, he has still been in contact with both Bama and UGA and the feeling is that he hasn’t told a school yet.  All communication is shut down and going through his mom.  Rusty said things have gotten intense behind the scenes, which means he had a great visit to UGA.  But will it be enough?

It's going to come down to how much he respects his mom's opinion and if he truly believes Kirby, that we will open up the O. 

Arik's Mother works for Marietta High School and they commute daily from the Decatur area. She's a single parent and school proximity/travel are a big deal to her. I think this factor and this factor alone has kept UGA in it. We'll find out tomorrow who wins the battle.

95Dawg, jeffro2000, Carter and 3 others like this

10 minutes ago, Ransack said:

Arik's Mother works for Marietta High School and they commute daily from the Decatur area. She's a single parent and school proximity/travel are a big deal to her. I think this factor and this factor alone has kept UGA in it. We'll find out tomorrow who wins the battle.

it's not like Tuscaloosa is 5 hours away.   Marietta----> Athens is what - 1hr and 30 minutes.     Marietta----->Tuscaloosa is 3 hours.

As much as I would love to believe the doubling of the commute would matter - I don't believe it.   What about Clemson?  thought they were heavy in this thing and they are closer than Bama?

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

it's not like Tuscaloosa is 5 hours away.   Marietta----> Athens is what - 1hr and 30 minutes.     Marietta----->Tuscaloosa is 3 hours.

As much as I would love to believe the doubling of the commute would matter - I don't believe it.   What about Clemson?  thought they were heavy in this thing and they are closer than Bama?

Decatur not Marietta. Read the post. And you can believe me or not I really don't care.

1 hour ago, Ransack said:

Decatur not Marietta. Read the post. And you can believe me or not I really don't care.

wasn't meant as a slight to you kind sir.

mike teevee likes this

Hey folks, new to the site obviously. I had noticed someone mention Caleb Williams. How much does Coley being on 'the hot seat' affect his decision. Coley is not many things, recruiting obviously a strength. An upgraded version of Shockley must be obtained at all costs. 

Washington and Pinson are freaks, Gilbert being the freakiest of them all. UGA may not get Gilbert, but those other guys are big time too. 

8 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah it has to be Bama.

Statically speaking Bama has thrown to the TE less over the last 3 years or so than UGA has. The reality no many college teams use their TEs a lot. The difference in Gilbert’s recruitment is that we have told him and recruited him as a TE ONLY. Where Bama, TN and other schools left open the option to come in as a WR. The use of how the TE in our offense is pointless because we don’t have a TE of the caliber of Gilbert or Washington so there would be reason to believe we might use them differently. 

Edited by Bdawg58
g-dawg likes this