Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

October 2019 Recruiting Thread

447 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I hope some of our whiny fans decommit and become Bama fans.

Please yes.  And it’s typically the ones you never hear from, until things get tough.  

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

15 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I hope some of our whiny fans decommit and become Bama fans.

:golfclap:

post of the day

On 10/18/2019 at 0:21 PM, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Great kid and player from what I hear.  Also heard he needs to put on some weight and that he’s getting banged up pretty bad because Kell is running him into the ground.

He is good. Carrollton played Kell Friday and he ran all over us. Kid hits the hole at 100 mph. 

Rivals follow up with Gilbert...

The weather wasn't great in Athens on Saturday, but that didn't seem to dampen the mood significantly for recruits such as Arik Gilbert, who were visiting the Georgia Bulldogs.

Gilbert is the nation's No. 1 tight end, the No. 11 player in the country, and a major target for the Georgia coaches.

“It was good. It was fun," Gilbert said. "They still played a good game, and you can’t control the weather. My mom liked it a lot. She likes Georgia.”

One thing the Bulldogs could control on Saturday, to a degree, was the passing game, and Gilbert took notice.

“They were still throwing it around a good bit for it to be raining, so I saw that, but you can’t really pass as much when it’s raining. I did get a chance to sit down with coaches and talk about all that stuff. That was good.”

Tight ends coach Todd Hartley and the staff made their case. 

“They told me how bad they need me, and how I could fit into the offense. They said they haven’t really had a receiving tight end they can rely on yet," Gilbert said. "They said if I came in, it would open the offense up a lot.”

The five-star prospect was hosted by another Peach State star with whom he could relate.

“I was with Azeez (Ojulari), but he went to my school, so I already knew him. He didn’t really say much about his experience, other than the coaches are going to work you. They’re going to make you better. He always tells me just to come.”

Did all factors combine to gain the Bulldogs some favor in a race where they've seemed to be slipping?

“Oh yeah, it was a really good visit,” Gilbert said. "I don't have a leader right now.”

As he told Chad Simmons last week, a decision could also be on the horizon as well.

“This is probably my last visit, to be honest, before I commit," Gilbert said. "I’m not sure yet (if I'll be able to get back to Georgia before I decide), but I don't have a plan on when I'll commit."

What that decision will come down to remains to be seen, but the Bulldogs do hold one unique edge.

“It’s probably just wherever I feel will be best for me," Gilbert said. "What’s different about Georgia is that it’s home.”

Sounds like Gilbert’s visit went very well.  He said his mom said it felt like “family” in Athens. Also read that Michael Henderson is 100% a take right now, per 247.  Will be an interesting turn if the 2 te’s turn out to be Gilbert and Henderson, not Washington and Johnson.

Also, the same article said that UGA will be getting an official from Dontae Manning later this season.

+++ Rosemy is enrolling in December to challenge for a starting spot.  Probably just recruit speak, but said he could see Gilbert and Xzavier Henderson sign with UGA.  

Michael Henderson is being compared to Orson Charles.  He is 6-2, and played qb in high school.

Edited by Turkeydawg

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Trenton Simpson decommitted from Auburn.  If not Athens, I hope he goes to UNC.

I think UNC is the spot on that one. He wants to play early.

4 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

After reading Rusty's recruiting updates.. 

tenor.gif?itemid=13030909

This was supposedly the last 2 months with those imminent commitments.

11 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

This was supposedly the last 2 months with those imminent commitments.

Yeah we thought we had some guys lined up and ready to pop. Commitments always seem to slow down a bit during the season.

4 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

After reading Rusty's recruiting updates.. 

tenor.gif?itemid=13030909

You want me to beg?

Ok consider this begging.  Please tell me what Rusty said.

:sadwave:

2 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Not sure, but Bama did.

I saw that.  I also saw an LSU fan say that Gibbs wouldn’t put us in his top three if we did.  I thought we were his dream offer?

2 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I saw that.  I also saw an LSU fan say that Gibbs wouldn’t put us in his top three if we did.  I thought we were his dream offer?

Not sure I would listen to an LSU fan, regarding Gibbs.

6 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I hope we offer Gibbs, but I’m afraid the staff is higher on Chaney and Edwards, unfortunately.

I’ll have to defer to them. I was once upon a time upset that we didn’t sign Toneil Carter lol

RxDawg and mike teevee like this

13 minutes ago, Carter said:

I’ll have to defer to them. I was once upon a time upset that we didn’t sign Toneil Carter lol

I remember that.  I think any of the 3, of Chaney, Gibbs and Edwards would do well in Athens.  I just really like what Gibbs brings to the table and he wants to be a Dawg!

Carter, 95Dawg and RxDawg like this

3 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Arik Gilbert commitment date is set for this Wednesday.  

Bama is my prediction