Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

October 2019 Recruiting Thread

447 posts in this topic

Strangely feels like it's been forever since our last commit; Kirby done spoiled us lol

Especially when some of these kids we've hearing about how it could be "any day now" or they're "all dawg" for months

Feels good to not be waiting for any good news, but rather just the next good news that you know and expect will be coming

I know one thing....our schedule looks much tougher now than it did at the start of the season. Florida, Auburn and A&M will not be easy wins. I hope we see better line push and a little more aggressive play style, because if we get too far behind, it could be a long climb up hill. We are not designed for coming back when there's a large gap in score. Our "D" is going to have to play very well down the stretch.

53 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

Same here. Tricks are for kids.

Yeah and why do they even like them if they don't even taste like apples?

2 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

I know one thing....our schedule looks much tougher now than it did at the start of the season. Florida, Auburn and A&M will not be easy wins. I hope we see better line push and a little more aggressive play style, because if we get too far behind, it could be a long climb up hill. We are not designed for coming back when there's a large gap in score. Our "D" is going to have to play very well down the stretch.

Must be 2 Floridas and Texas A&M's because the ones in the SEC suck.

3 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

We are not designed for coming back when there's a large gap in score.

I understand you mean no ill will, but I really wish people would stop saying this. We have a future 1st rd QB.

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

14 minutes ago, AutumnEffect said:

I understand you mean no ill will, but I really wish people would stop saying this. We have a future 1st rd QB.

I doubt Fromm will be a 1st round QB.  He simply hasn't made enough throws in college and doesn't have a physical "plus" trait.  YES, Fromm has a lot of intangibles like leadership and other things - I know the media are trying to hype him as a 1st rounder but I don't see it.  Hope I'm wrong.

25 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I doubt Fromm will be a 1st round QB.  He simply hasn't made enough throws in college and doesn't have a physical "plus" trait.  YES, Fromm has a lot of intangibles like leadership and other things - I know the media are trying to hype him as a 1st rounder but I don't see it.  Hope I'm wrong.

Wanna bet?

38 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Have you seen the QB's that go first round? 

MattyIceonTap likes this

8 minutes ago, Carter said:

If Tua and Kyler Murray and Dwayne Haskins can be considered 1st rounders, I have no earthly idea how Fromm isn’t.

Im not even a Fromm fan and I know he is going in the first.

31 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Have you seen the QB's that go first round? 

Yes and they all threw the ball a ton more and their teams leaned on their QBs much more than UGA leans on theirs - that's not Jake's fault but it does make his projection more difficult - especially since he is about 6'0" to 6'1" with a medium arm and limited scrambling ability.

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yes and they all threw the ball a ton more and their teams leaned on their QBs much more than UGA leans on theirs - that's not Jake's fault but it does make his projection more difficult - especially since he is about 6'0" to 6'1" with a medium arm and limited scrambling ability.

I'll have to kill myself when it happens, but I think there's a great chance the Saints see a perfect handoff from Brees to Fromm if they pick him up at the back end of the first round. They are very similar, and Fromm will have a year or two to learn.

Ovie_Lover likes this

6 minutes ago, AutumnEffect said:

I'll have to kill myself when it happens, but I think there's a great chance the Saints see a perfect handoff from Brees to Fromm if they pick him up at the back end of the first round. They are very similar, and Fromm will have a year or two to learn.

Brees threw the ball a TON more than Fromm in college.  a ton.

Brees attempts his last three seasons as starter at Purdue - 569, 554,  512

Jakes attempts his First two seasons - 291 and 312.

5 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

We need more havoc plays, pressure on the QB to be a threat to win it all. Hopefully we can improve a lot in the next few games but Auburn’s the only one that I’m legitimately concerned about.

Wardog357 and sdogg like this

16 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Fromm plays in a pro-style offense, so as far as NFL scouts are concerned they know a lot more about how his skills will translate than they do about projecting any of those other QBs. Being an NFL QB is less about who can throw the hardest or farthest, or who can run the fastest. It's about pre-snap reads, audibling your offense out of bad plays and into good ones, processing information extremely fast after the snap, knowing playbooks, reading entire defenses instead of just simplistic reads, protecting the football, being able to make anticipation throws instead of waiting to see an open target, being accurate, and so much more. 

Folks enamored with QBs that can run fast and/or throw the ball a country mile at the expense of neglecting all I've listed above are why guys such as Jamarcus Russell, Robert Griffin, Ryan Leaf, and Jeff George were 1st rounders --- and also why they were busts.  

5 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Fromm plays in a pro-style offense, so as far as NFL scouts are concerned they know a lot more about how his skills will translate than they do about projecting any of those other QBs. Being an NFL QB is less about who can throw the hardest or farthest, or who can run the fastest. It's about pre-snap reads, audibling your offense out of bad plays and into good ones, processing information extremely fast after the snap, knowing playbooks, reading entire defenses instead of just simplistic reads, protecting the football, being able to make anticipation throws instead of waiting to see an open target, being accurate, and so much more. 

Folks enamored with QBs that can run fast and/or throw the ball a country mile at the expense of neglecting all I've listed above are why guys such as Jamarcus Russell, Robert Griffin, Ryan Leaf, and Jeff George were 1st rounders --- and also why they were busts.  

Fromm is going to be a 1st round pick for the reasons you listed. He may possibly go very early 2nd like Andy Dalton & Drew Brees but I doubt it. 

Teams are going to love his "mental" game and I don't think he is lacking in the physical tools compartment either. He certainly isn't elite physically but good enough. 

I think Brees and Dalton are going to be  very common comparisons with him.