Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

No home field advantage

58 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Vikings visitor side.  Middle of the field row 3. 12,000 each

https://www.pslsource.com/buy_minnesota_vikings_sbl?gclid=Cj0KCQjw8svsBRDqARIsAHKVyqG2fgQYG-jyUIN3Zd_Dsx2K2b_0sUOjcyw7mLpsqzUEFViYIG2Ac0UaAj8xEALw_wcB

Falcons visitor side.  Middle of the field Row 5. 55,000 each

https://www.pslsource.com/buy_atlanta_falcons_psl?gclid=Cj0KCQjw8svsBRDqARIsAHKVyqHrVTs7RSq2O61riAKUqnGpTkhIJgIJANDF5qPH_tb_tx7gm-UTJ-saAsglEALw_wcB

You have to also remember in other parts of the country other than The South, Phoenix, and Southern California winters SUCK.  There’s not a lot of going outside.

And there’s also this.  None of those other teams have ‘worst loss/comeback/choke job in sports history’ on their resumes.

Things like 28-3 kills part of your fan base.  I know I’m not the same fan I was before that.  I’m way more jaded and expect the Falcons to mess up all the time now.

Yeah, the records this team likes to hang on us fans are in the opposite direction of good. How many years did it take to get back to back winning season? 

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

Just now, esmithidoc said:

Like you were going to the game anyway...

I knew you couldn’t stay away.

So I was a season ticket holder for over a decade.  I even worked my way down to the 2nd row in the Dome.

I moved out of Atlanta after the 2012 season.  I thought about keeping my seats and flying back in for some games... until I heard about the PSLs.  My seats had a $45,000 price tag for each seat in MBS.

$90,000 and flying across the country for each game really didn’t make sense financially. That’s crazy money.

So I moved and used that money for other things.  Like paying for my daughters education.  And buying a truck. And 3 TVs.  King size bed.   Furnishing a new house.  Etc

3 minutes ago, esmithidoc said:

If “prices are cheap”, then our fans should go to the games. It’s not on ticket prices; it’s on the fans.

So what is a cheap price for tickets? Don't give me the price for telescope seats.

8 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

The average "Joe Sixpack" fan isn't going to plopping down $12,000 for a football seat either.  

No that is not a price worth watching this crap that Quinn is marching out on the field. Not even close.

JeffAtl likes this

10 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Man I really hope more fans come up. Like actual positive fans. And not the people posting negative threads each day. It really makes me want to leave the forum. Like I understand the criticism. But this is downright quitter ish I see every single time I come to the boards 

I get what you’re saying but some of this criticism is warranted.  Don’t think a lot of people are quitting just not having a lot of faith in this team turning things around.  You just have maneuver through threads.

15 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

What da he!! Did we have to cheer about? 

There really wasn’t that many Titans fans there, we just never had anything to get excited about. 

Trust me, the loudest the stadium was, was the Halftime boos BY FAR!

Didn’t. Boos are for the product in the field, not the players. You can have good players and a bad overall product! Vis a vie The Falcons, on this past Sunday! 

23 minutes ago, high impact said:

So what is a cheap price for tickets? Don't give me the price for telescope seats.

Because real fans don’t go to the Benz and sit in the upper deck LOL. Look on Stubhub for tix; there are choices at all price points.

Posted (edited)

Falcons fans have been getting roasted for years, the Benz is a convenient scape goat but let's be real. If the team was great it would be full like the Dome. 

*At the end of 2016 that is

Edited by HEIST
JeffAtl and FalconMama like this

11 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

Didn’t. Boos are for the product in the field, not the players. You can have good players and a bad overall product! Vis a vie The Falcons, on this past Sunday! 

What he said. 

roguebeaver likes this

35 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

So I was a season ticket holder for over a decade.  I even worked my way down to the 2nd row in the Dome.

I moved out of Atlanta after the 2012 season.  I thought about keeping my seats and flying back in for some games... until I heard about the PSLs.  My seats had a $45,000 price tag for each seat in MBS.

$90,000 and flying across the country for each game really didn’t make sense financially. That’s crazy money.

So I moved and used that money for other things.  Like paying for my daughters education.  And buying a truck. And 3 TVs.  King size bed.   Furnishing a new house.  Etc

Like you, I never left the message board. It sounds like you made a sound financial decision and I applaud that.  You certainly could have gotten great seats for much less if you wanted, just not second row midfield.  You had a bargain, but now those seats go for the market price.  There are many midfield club mezzanine seats available for much less if you wanted to continue to go to games. Obviously, your call.  I choose to go to every game.

JeffAtl and Sun Tzu 7 like this

1 hour ago, high impact said:

Yeah, the records this team likes to hang on us fans are in the opposite direction of good. How many years did it take to get back to back winning season? 

Explain the Browns fans who have arguably had it worse then us.

all that being said, it’s time to burn it down and start over with a new coaching staff and GM. No one wants to admit it but we are in rebuild mode.

The fanbase isn’t that great for a multitude of factors. Its always been the case with Atlanta teams. But I’ve never seen the stadium so empty THIS early in the season. The city flat out doesn’t care and I don’t blame them.

The SB loss definitely is contributing to some of this. A transplant city like Atlanta couldn’t afford a loss so humiliating. It’s the worst SB loss of all time.

There’s much more to it when it comes to the lack of fan support. This offseason the ticket office proposed a new “Superfan” section, it was supposed to be three areas of die hard fans being loud, cheering and helping bring a home field advantage. (A la supporters section for United). They could only get two sections due to lack of interest and probably moving seat sections.

Our home opener, prime time against a solid team...half the section was filled with Eagles fans, not to mention most the Falcons fans in the section were content just sitting there watching than bringing any energy or noise. The Titans game was mostly Falcons fans but still zero energy. It’s a complete failure not only on the Falcons ticket team but the fans themselves. The fact you had to fill out a survey to be selected and you still can’t be supportive, it’s more than just the team, it’s the half @$$ed fan base. Always watching with one foot out the door, heck even Cleveland fans are supportive while their team is disastrous.

Everyone has a right to be disappointed but if you are going to buy a ticket and show up to the game, be supportive of the team farther than the first quarter.

Iron Saint likes this

8 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I thought about keeping my seats and flying back in for some games... until I heard about the PSLs.  My seats had a $45,000 price tag for each seat in MBS.

Same situation for me, although I'm local and was in row 14.  I miss those crowds in the lower bowl in the Dome.  Arthur and McKay wanted their money and corporate fans, and now they bellyache about bad crowds and no home field advantage.  They made their bed, and have to sleep in it, although they got their money.  I still haven't been to a gamw in the new place, thanks to those new prices in Mercedes Super Mall.

Sun Tzu 7 likes this

11 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Same situation for me, although I'm local and was in row 14.  I miss those crowds in the lower bowl in the Dome.  Arthur and McKay wanted their money and corporate fans, and now they bellyache about bad crowds and no home field advantage.  They made their bed, and have to sleep in it, although they got their money.  I still haven't been to a gamw in the new place, thanks to those new prices in Mercedes Super Mall.

What is keeping former season ticket holders from buying game by game tickets from PSL owners?  (It's an honest question)

1 hour ago, JeffAtl said:

What is keeping former season ticket holders from buying game by game tickets from PSL owners?  (It's an honest question)

The added cost of tickets so the PSL owners can recoup their costs.

1 hour ago, JeffAtl said:

For me going to a single game is over $1,000 expense when you add in cost of travel,  accommodations, & ticket(s).

And that’s when there isn’t demand.

For other former Season Ticket Holders.  Going to a game is a commitment of time and money. When you’ve made the decision to watch games from home you’re a 2 -3 hour commitment instead of 6-7.

HouseofEuphoria likes this

21 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

GROWN MAN TALK right there.

esmithidoc likes this

21 hours ago, high impact said:

Cheapest seats i saw that were decent that weren't up in the rafters were around $260 - $275.

With parking, hotel, food, and travel expenses (gas) it's $500 plus for me to go see my Falcons and i'm only 3 1/2 hrs away.

That's not bad i guess, if i made a lot more money :lol:

If we take the time to post to a message board, then we are invested mentally and emotionally. It is a chore to ask some to be invested financially with the product we are seeing. I risk a virus to my computer every Sunday essentially by streaming games since I'm not in Georgia. I will never understand how DQ can ask and beg fans to come to the game on time and get loud when he can't discipline his team or get them to tackle.