Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

No home field advantage

58 posts in this topic

Yeah that happened when they built the new stadium and priced out the old school die hard loyal fans.... you know the really loud ones.

Falcons wanted the corporate money and they got the corporate crowd.

Based on the way things are going.

The Saints game..... that's going to be REAL ugly.  Like you won't ever want to go to another home game again ugly.

16 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yeah that happened when they built the new stadium and priced out the old school die hard loyal fans.... you know the really loud ones.

The Saints game..... that's going to be REAL ugly.  Like you won't ever want to go to another home game again ugly.

Cant wait to play away against the saints twice

We are a show me first type of fanbase (e.g bandwagoners) it is what it is.

If the team is somehow in the hunt late in the year, the Benz will be packed. 

Atl Falcon likes this

18 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

3 - 1 in the next qtr and we might start to see fans come out.

Right about the time we start divisional games.

Gotta win those games , let's not jump the gun quite yet. I doubt they beat the rams and seahawks in consecutive weeks 

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

36 minutes ago, HEIST said:

We are a show me first type of fanbase (e.g bandwagoners) it is what it is.

If the team is somehow in the hunt late in the year, the Benz will be packed. 

I’m sorry, but in the hunt or not the Benz will not be packed. PSLs made sure of that.

56 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I use to have season tickets. Drove 4 hours one way until the PSL came in. I went to the Eagles game, a Sunday night prime time game. It was only 2/3 full and about 1/8 of that was Eagles fans. Very very disappointing. Last week it was maybe 1/2 full.

45 minutes ago, Caddieman said:

I use to have season tickets. Drove 4 hours one way until the PSL came in. I went to the Eagles game, a Sunday night prime time game. It was only 2/3 full and about 1/8 of that was Eagles fans. Very very disappointing. Last week it was maybe 1/2 full.

When you’re first real taste of Falcons football is the slap in the face that was the Vikings game you introduce doubt to a fan base where you have lost the benefit of the doubt.

Falcons were supposed to be at full strength and Quinn was running the D.... and they do that?!  They can’t stop an outside stretch run?!

The fanbase,  rightfully so, asks themselves ‘is this going to be one of those kind of years?’

So far it sure looks like it.

These haven’t been close wins.  You can’t say ‘it’s fixable’ and keep having the same things happen over and over.

The Falcons need to win and start murdering teams for the fans to really get the fans back.

Like I said that Saints game is going to be bad.  Saints are going to completely rub it in the Falcons faces.  And so will the fans.  They won’t stop running their mouths. 

1 hour ago, caponine said:

Gotta win those games , let's not jump the gun quite yet. I doubt they beat the rams and seahawks in consecutive weeks 

If we were any good, I’d say it’s very possible. Seattle might the biggest pretender right now in the NFC and the rams offense is still not looking right with Todd Gurley playing limited snaps. But with how we look right now? No dang chance. 

1. The Falcons aren't any good and that depresses the number of fans at the game.
  2. If season ticket holders were going to sell their tickets, this would be the game as the Titans are probably the least intriguing franchise in the NFL.  

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

So what about all the new stadiums around the league where the fans show up every Sunday. How do you explain those home field advantages? Surely there pricing has to be the same or even worse then the Falcons. The Vikings are a good example. 

Well I am not paying what they are asking. Unless you want nose bleed It can cost easy over $250 for two to go to the game. That does not include food drink or parking/transit.

Blank can keep all those empty seats along with his Price Slap Loser add on and have all the fun he wants. This is not LA or NY where people make an average $70 plus or more a year income. 

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

AB priced the crowd noise right out of his new Mercedes garage and now he can park his Harley in there....it really sucks but money seems to be his priority 

AB had pay to get artificial crowd noise piped into the dome.  

Let's not pretend that the Dome was setting any crowd noise records.

Edited by JeffAtl
GhostofGritz likes this

3 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Like you were going to the game anyway...

JeffAtl likes this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, high impact said:

Well I am not paying what they are asking. Unless you want nose bleed It can cost easy over $250 for two to go to the game. That does not include food drink or parking/transit.

Blank can keep all those empty seats along with his Price Slap Loser add on and have all the fun he wants. This is not LA or NY where people make an average $70 plus or more a year income. 

If visiting fans can afford it, Joe Sixpack local fans can too.

There are always plenty of cheap tickets available on stub hub.  Thousands of visiting fans seem to find a way to buy them.  

If you compare Falcons ticket prices on the secondary market to that of other teams, you'll likely find Falcons tickets among the cheapest.

Edited by JeffAtl

16 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

So what about all the new stadiums around the league where the fans show up every Sunday. How do you explain those home field advantages? Surely there pricing has to be the same or even worse then the Falcons. The Vikings are a good example. 

Vikings visitor side.  Middle of the field row 3. 12,000 each

https://www.pslsource.com/buy_minnesota_vikings_sbl?gclid=Cj0KCQjw8svsBRDqARIsAHKVyqG2fgQYG-jyUIN3Zd_Dsx2K2b_0sUOjcyw7mLpsqzUEFViYIG2Ac0UaAj8xEALw_wcB

Falcons visitor side.  Middle of the field Row 5. 55,000 each

https://www.pslsource.com/buy_atlanta_falcons_psl?gclid=Cj0KCQjw8svsBRDqARIsAHKVyqHrVTs7RSq2O61riAKUqnGpTkhIJgIJANDF5qPH_tb_tx7gm-UTJ-saAsglEALw_wcB

You have to also remember in other parts of the country other than The South, Phoenix, and Southern California winters SUCK.  There’s not a lot of going outside.

And there’s also this.  None of those other teams have ‘worst loss/comeback/choke job in sports history’ on their resumes.

Things like 28-3 kills part of your fan base.  I know I’m not the same fan I was before that.  I’m way more jaded and expect the Falcons to mess up all the time now.

Man I really hope more fans come up. Like actual positive fans. And not the people posting negative threads each day. It really makes me want to leave the forum. Like I understand the criticism. But this is downright quitter ish I see every single time I come to the boards 

3 hours ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

I agree. 

Visiting fans looove our new stadium.

Prices are cheap and a great time.

But we got no Falcons home field advantage at this time.

If “prices are cheap”, then our fans should go to the games. It’s not on ticket prices; it’s on the fans.

JeffAtl and HouseofEuphoria like this