If you were hired as head coach next season

I would mandate to who ever is the GM to Draft and sign SEVERAL interior DL's who are 320 LBS +. Same with the OL. I knew we should have drafted Dexter Lawrence and I want our DL to pretty much be clones of his.

I'd be the Anti Alex Gibbs, if you play on the trenches on my team you better be 320 lbs + and be a nasty fat *** monster that requires a double team to contain.

I want our trench guys to be ridiculous walls of power and strength and weight that are nearly impossible to move around.

Only Grady gets to stay from our current DL but he needs to put on 20 lbs in the off season.

I'm so tired of under sized weak OL's and DL's from this franchise I could scream.

I'm pretty sure that in and of itself would fix 90% of our issues, I'd also keep a few spare giant monsters on the PS incase of injuries.

So I'd blow up our OL's and DL's and find a young kicker for FG and punts and look really hard for a legit return guy. I'd also Cut Freeman, Vic, Bosher instantly

14 minutes ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

Would you slightly make changes or blow it up? If you blow it up, which players would you keep?

First thing is, I would need a 5 year contract so I was assured whichever way I went, I have security to make the changes I wanted to the roster.  In the NFL, any coach is inheriting the roster of a previous regime, which includes specific contracts to players you can't control, and the salary cap limits the adjustments you can make in the short term.  Therefore, the "blowing up" scenario could set your franchise back your entire tenure as a coach.  

No need to blow it all up.

I WILL MAKE SURE THE PLAYERS KNOW I HAVE THEIR BACK!!! The fire starts with the Head Coach!!!

Defense: I would play a more aggressive style defense never been a fan of soft or prevent anything....Dance with what got! Jam them bump them rush them. I want to get after every dang QB. Every now and then drop out but only after they are worried. Almost any down someone someplace could be gunning for the QB. 

Offense: Play to win until the other coach gives up, and then still think about it. The play book will always be open to take a shot from any spot at anytime. With Ryan under center more freedom to run the hurry-up. When not in hurry-up I still want to see the offense get to the line fast and get the play off no time for the defense to rest or think. Put pressure on them at all times. We will find a running game. The offense needs to look like the believe even before the ball is snapped. It will not always be fast paced as the defense needs to get some time on the sidelines but I will push the ball down the field. Never settle always try to find new ways to creative even after we win the SB. 

Players will be held accountable for mistakes. They are pros time to act like it. Team captains will lead on and off the field. Everyone will be expected to play hard or they will not be on this team long. Players must pick each other up and better be rooting hard for those on the field. I expect the players to locate fans in the stands and keep them fired up thought the games home and away. I will encourage them to fire up the fans I want the fans to have a fire lit under their tail!! I want a team we all can be proud to call ours!! 

Top it all off we will all have FUN players and fans!!!!

1st year plan for draft and free agency what can't be had in free agency has to be picked up in the draft:

Defense - DT, LB, CB and Safety always look for a DE never stop even if ya got a few great ones. 

Offense - G and bigger RB maybe FB if can't get a big RB keep an eye out for a C. 

Special teams - Time to look for a few kickers and a return man. 

3 minutes ago, The Great American said:

No need to blow it up.  I would just start making a list of coaching cliches and rehearsing locker room speeches.  

and then hire a younger, more intelligent, much more competent coach to serve under you as your OC to carry the load while I pretend to know what I'm doing.

and make T-shirts

because of cap constraints, I think the only choice is to work with whats here and add to it over the next 2 years. Pretty sure this will be the only avenue Blank will provide for a new coach.

Otherwise you eat the dead money and be a bottom dweller for 2-3 seasons which is 'bad for business'.

I'd make Sanu the starting QB and just have him heave the bomb on every single snap.  

That probably wouldn't work very often, so I'd stick around for about 13 games, then run away in the middle of the night after leaving some goodbye notes in the locker room.  

edit-Oh, I almost forgot.  

I'd also cut Bosher and not sign another punter, because we're going for it on 4th down...EVERY TIME, BABY!!  WE'RE GONNA

BE THE CRAZY TEAM! 

2 hours ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

Would you slightly make changes or blow it up? If you blow it up, which players would you keep?

Impossible to say without talking to individual players, seeing how they act with teammates, how they practice, etc. I would want to see what they could do and how they react to certain situations to know how to feature them, but that means lots of preseason play. Cohesion above all else. A well-oiled machine. I'd can brotherhood to an extent, because you need leaders on a defense and offense to make **** happen. Watch out for the guy next to you, but that means doing your job and being meticulous about it. Obviously I'd be more involved with the offense, since defense is much more free-flowing. I like the symmetry of football, the precision of it. Tough is one thing, but I'd rather coach guys who already whoop *** on how to do it immaculately. I'd emphasize the **** out of run fits on defense and the run blocking on offense. I would interview all coaches I was bringing on staff or thought about keeping to make sure they had ideas that meshed with what I wanted the team to be. Not in the sense that they said yes to everything, and I'd want some different perspectives, but if someone says they want us to excel at inside zone, tell me what you're going to emphasize.

****, I could write forever on it. There a lot I disagree with in terms of the org right now, but I'm on the outside looking in, so who knows. In reality, I won't be, so I guess I'll just hope for someone with a similar outlook.

22 minutes ago, Romfal said:

because of cap constraints, I think the only choice is to work with whats here and add to it over the next 2 years. Pretty sure this will be the only avenue Blank will provide for a new coach.

Otherwise you eat the dead money and be a bottom dweller for 2-3 seasons which is 'bad for business'.

Yes, Ryan, Julio, Matthews, Jarrett, Deion, and Trufant are locked in at roughly $100 million. 

Not a lot to change on offense. Can't make changes to the o-line without seeing what they look like fully healthy and playing together for a few games. Move on from Free, keep Sanu. On Defense, we need to find a nickel back, a linebacker to take Campbell's spot and I hate to say it but we need a SS. We need to move on from Trufant and find a stud CB. I actually like the D-line though we obviously need to get rid of Vic and try to find an elite DE to replace him. We have a lot of holes, shed the big contracts that can free us up cap-space and try to fill them. Stupid to move on from Ryan and Julio right now. We aren't getting equal value in a trade and they can still play so I don't see the point. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot

After the superbowl loss, we should have rebuilt.. Instead, we went all in on a failed return trip to the superbowl.. Thats why we are in the shape we're in now.. This is the remnants of a failed superbowl repeat team.. So many pieces out of place, Ryan got his huge pay day locked up for years to come.. A aging average qb isnt a good thing, plus a aging wr that wants to be paid every year is a good recipe for disaster.. Just remember 2016, its all we have for the next 5 years 

22 minutes ago, Nereek said:

I would trade everybody and go back into rebuild mode. 

Julio gone

Ryan gone

Deion gone

Neal gone

Grady gone

Cambell gone

Sanu gone

Hooper gone

Ridley gone

Grady, Debo, Ridley, and Hooper are young enough to rebuild with.

Rebuilding doesn't mean you have to get rid of exactly everybody.

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

I would mandate to who ever is the GM to Draft and sign SEVERAL interior DL's who are 320 LBS +. Same with the OL. I knew we should have drafted Dexter Lawrence and I want our DL to pretty much be clones of his.

I'd be the Anti Alex Gibbs, if you play on the trenches on my team you better be 320 lbs + and be a nasty fat *** monster that requires a double team to contain.

I want our trench guys to be ridiculous walls of power and strength and weight that are nearly impossible to move around.

Only Grady gets to stay from our current DL but he needs to put on 20 lbs in the off season.

I'm so tired of under sized weak OL's and DL's from this franchise I could scream.

I'm pretty sure that in and of itself would fix 90% of our issues, I'd also keep a few spare giant monsters on the PS incase of injuries.

So I'd blow up our OL's and DL's and find a young kicker for FG and punts and look really hard for a legit return guy. I'd also Cut Freeman, Vic, Bosher instantly

Putting 20 lbs on Grady may not be the best thing. He's already has 300 lbs on his frame. Grady is really good as is.

Having a d-line of strictly 320+ lb guys isn't ideal. Especially when nickel is used the most.

25 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I like that you think we're important in the grand scheme of things, even if it's just a wild delusion.  :D

no no no! I've been getting 'it's all because of people like you' and 'it's your fault'  so yeah, I'd shut this mess down and put a stop to that part of it

:tiphat:

I'd find someone that believes pressure is ESSENTIAL to the defense.

Either find someone familiar with Jim Johnson's system or **** LeBeau's system.  If not make them study them.

Zone defenses are basically useless without pressure.

Prioritize the trenches over skill positions.

12 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Putting 20 lbs on Grady may not be the best thing. He's already has 300 lbs on his frame. Grady is really good as is.

Having a d-line of strictly 320+ lb guys isn't ideal. Especially when nickel is used the most.

Well with me being HC our schemes would change, and honestly if your scheme can't deal with having a big solid strong OL and DL your scheme sucks. On My team both the OL and DL would be full of monsters 24/7 365 that would impose their will on any team the face.

I'd have 320 LB + OL at every position on the OL and get a wrecking ball 240 LB RB and 250 LB FB for red zone plays. I would literally play a game of bowling with my offense knocking down the opposing team and Build the biggest wall possible on defense.

11 years of under weight OL's and DL's have not produced results, time for a change.

Idk if i would blow it up because i feel like we have the pieces to be good its just the little things thats not clicking. when you have building blocks like debo, neal(when healthy), grady, rico, maybe takk and maybe beasley you dont need to strip the whole defense we just need a bookend to grady, a consistent passrusher, and a good to great corner. On offense we have matt julio sanu ridley hooper up and coming lindstrom and mcgary and jake we just need a good runningback a center cuz mack getting old and a young right guard. just like how we switched to DQ after MS we didnt rebuild we retooled and i think we can do it again but right this time.