Braves vs Cardinals NLDS

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Folty put his team and the whole city that cares and the whole region that cares about this team on his back today. I’ve never been prouder lol. Like a Daddy lol. 

Foltynewicz, Fried and Melancon today: 0 R, 11 K, 0 BB. 

Soroka is the youngest pitcher in playoff history to go 7 innings and allow 2 or less runners.

Posted Images

Just now, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Yeah but the falcons are trash and don’t know how to build a team. You should be proud of the braves because y’all have put together a great team. Lots of young talent you guys will be back. Joe Maddon is available and I think he could help you guys out. I don’t know much ab Snitker but it seems like the majority of y’all can’t atand him. U got a great team just need the stars to align. 

I hope so man. I wouldn’t mind Giradi either. But I figure we will stick with Snit. Guess I might as well look for the positives of him 

6 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Brian McCann is retiring. He looked done this postseason and we probably needed to let someone else catch, but that’s not on him. Not sure how you don’t give Flowers at least one start 

We missed Flowers in these games! He’s younger and cane though with clutch hits during the year! McCann didn’t bring it this postseason but he got his rings with the Astros!

48 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

The future is really bright. Our foundation was just built. Unfortunately today was just an embarrassment. Nothing you can do no matter how much you complain, we're all upset. Just have to focus on 2020 and hope, for the love of god, that it ends differently. 

Pretty much.  More to be excited about with more youth maturing, and others being pushed forward.  Time to let some vets go.  Let the kids play.

41 minutes ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

We missed Flowers in these games! He’s younger and cane though with clutch hits during the year! McCann didn’t bring it this postseason but he got his rings with the Astros!

No he didn't.

• RISP - .203/.282/.419 (.701)
  • 2 Outs/RISP - .179/.324/.393 (.716)
  • High Leverage - .191/.322/.340 (.662)

Flowers is garbage offensively when it matters the most.

The sad thing is, it's not promised we'll have a good team next season. You never know. We could get to 105 wins and get the #1 seed, we could have 90 wins but have to settle for a wildcard this time, we could go 81-81 and miss the playoffs. Sure we have a lot of young talent, but the "young talent" excuse has to end now and we have to break this irritating drought that's demoralizing this franchise. After awhile it becomes a mental thing that can't ever get out of the players' heads or the fans' heads. 

2 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

The sad thing is, it's not promised we'll have a good team next season. You never know. We could get to 105 wins and get the #1 seed, we could have 90 wins but have to settle for a wildcard this time, we could go 81-81 and miss the playoffs. Sure we have a lot of young talent, but the "young talent" excuse has to end now and we have to break this irritating drought that's demoralizing this franchise. After awhile it becomes a mental thing that can't ever get out of the players' heads or the fans' heads. 

You said you were 23. Be 23. Get over it tonight. Seriously. I love my wife but I’d kill for the 23 card again lol. 

11 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Next season only the usual suspects will be here for and from game 1. Per usual. Much love to the usual suspects including all the angst that always goes along with it. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed being here with you brothers, even through the family arguments. 

It has been a great year.  It will be even better if we could bull Betts and Cole.  A man can dream.  

16 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

You said you were 23. Be 23. Get over it tonight. Seriously. I love my wife but I’d kill for the 23 card again lol. 

I say whatever I want to despite my age. My age isn't going to dictate what I can say or how I share my thoughts. 

Edited by mqg96
12 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

It has been a great year.  It will be even better if we could bull Betts and Cole.  A man can dream.  

I'm dreaming with you man. I wish I could have more confidence it would happen, but after last offseason I don't know what to believe. Donaldson was the only real difference maker we signed. I hope we keep him, but if that's it, I'll be disappointed.

This entire city has me so snake bitten on just about everything sports related. 

26 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Next season only the usual suspects will be here for and from game 1. Per usual. Much love to the usual suspects including all the angst that always goes along with it. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed being here with you brothers, even through the family arguments. 

‘Til next time my friend!  Countdown to spring training.

28 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm not the biggest Brian Snitker fan and I'm not afraid to make it known, but it's blowing my mind that I'm one of the very few with any common sense and realizing that Snitker managed this series extremely well and that I'm fine with him coming back next year.

Games 2-3-4 were really well done, guys just didn’t come through in Game 4. 

33 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm not the biggest Brian Snitker fan and I'm not afraid to make it known, but it's blowing my mind that I'm one of the very few with any common sense and realizing that Snitker managed this series extremely well and that I'm fine with him coming back next year.

Never thought I’d see the day..

5 minutes ago, dmite said:

Games 2-3-4 were really well done, guys just didn’t come through in Game 4. 

Overall the guy is a great manager. I’d be more than fine with him staying. If I’m GM, I’m telling Ron to stick around because you’re next.

And sell it.. how? these kids you’re molding are your future.. you wanna enjoy your future? 

;)