E. T.

Braves vs Cardinals NLDS

3,452 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

A lot of you older folks have seen the 1995 Braves, the 1980 Georgia Bulldogs, or even the 1990 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets for those who are fans of that team. I haven't seen anything yet. I have the right to have my own opinion. There's some fans of this site who are fans of other teams outside of this state who have already seen championships. 

Lol. Ok man. This is about your feelings. I got you. 

3 hours ago, Malachore said:

As hard as I've been on Folty this ain't it. You can thank Mac, Freddie and Fried for that. 

As mad as Folty has made me, at least he owned it 

BamaBirdLady likes this

Just now, falconsrsuper said:

How did they make him look like that(old )? Crazy lol

He watched the Braves 

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

As mad as Folty has made me, at least he owned it 

He gave up six earned runs, seven total, and the only out he got was on a sacrifice bunt. He'll always own that. It's legitimately one of the worst pitching performances ever in a deciding playoff game.

20 minutes ago, jidady said:

He gave up six earned runs, seven total, and the only out he got was on a sacrifice bunt. He'll always own that. It's legitimately one of the worst pitching performances ever in a deciding playoff game.

Would have only given up one if Freddie makes the double play

mountain_jim3 and falconsd56 like this

Saw someone say that the Braves loss was 2nd worse of the day to the Dodgers loss.  I beg to differ.  They had a shot. 

Just now, LouDog said:

Would have only given up one if Freddie makes the double play

This isn't the day to make excuses for him. Folty walked the leadoff hitter, and he walked a hitter with the bases loaded. He had a fire extinguisher and a gas can while he was in the game. He chose the latter.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

3 minutes ago, dmite said:

Saw someone say that the Braves loss was 2nd worse of the day to the Dodgers loss.  I beg to differ.  They had a shot. 

I guess it comes down to whether it's better to have hope that's lost or never to have hope.

Just now, jidady said:

I guess it comes down to whether it's better to have hope that's lost or never to have hope.

Yeah, I prefer the latter. I mean, we knew in 10 minutes and were done.  They had high hopes and joy for 2.5-3 hours, then shattered.  So maybe their loss is worse after all. 

6 minutes ago, jidady said:

This isn't the day to make excuses for him. Folty walked the leadoff hitter, and he walked a hitter with the bases loaded. He had a fire extinguisher and a gas can while he was in the game. He chose the latter.

Not making excuses. Just saying facts. A lot went wrong for him that inning. Dansby bobbled a ball that would have been an out. Freddie makes an error on a double play. BMac lets a strikeout pitch bounce away and the guy reaches first. He was far from flawless but he would have gotten out of the inning only giving up one if not for some bad defensive plays

4 minutes ago, dmite said:

Yeah, I prefer the latter. I mean, we knew in 10 minutes and were done.  They had high hopes and joy for 2.5-3 hours, then shattered.  So maybe their loss is worse after all. 

True story: I went to pick up an online grocery order at the Krogers near here. It's five minutes away.   Service was a bit slow since it was around the time when people have gotten off work. By the time I got home, Fried was in the game. I mean, I couldn't even drive across the street and get some taco mix before hope was lost.

2 minutes ago, LouDog said:

He was far from flawless but he would have gotten out of the inning only giving up one if not for some bad defensive plays

Then he would have blown up again in the second inning. Because he walked the leadoff hitter. That was 100% on him. He walked in a run with the bases loaded. That's 100% on him. When he feels pressure, he melts like butter. That's 100% on him. That's who he is. And he even has a wristband he snaps because he knows it.

You can play the If game all you want. The DID game is that he DID have one of the worst performances ever in a deciding playoff game. The only official out that he recorded was one that the other team gave him.  There's nothing that will ever change the fact that this DID happen.

4 minutes ago, jidady said:

Then he would have blown up again in the second inning. Because he walked the leadoff hitter. That was 100% on him. He walked in a run with the bases loaded. That's 100% on him. When he feels pressure, he melts like butter. That's 100% on him. That's who he is. And he even has a wristband he snaps because he knows it.

You can play the If game all you want. The DID game is that he DID have one of the worst performances ever in a deciding playoff game. The only official out that he recorded was one that the other team gave him.  There's nothing that will ever change the fact that this DID happen.

So it was nobody elses fault? Really dude?

7 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Wait a minute.. how did we “start ****”?

I guess the Acuna flip and shuffle around 3B and then the throat slash. Flaherty basically admitted to intentionally hitting Acuna. He said he was fed up or something to that effect.

Just now, Unknøwn said:

I guess the Acuna flip and shuffle around 3B and then the throat slash. 

You don’t say...