26 minutes ago, falken said:

Green Bay, K.C., Seattle, L.A., New England, Cleveland, New Orleans and NYG prolly aren't clamoring for Ryan. I'm not saying who they have is better or worse than Ryan. I just don't think they would take Ryan over their current QB's.

Was you including Canadian League?

Hou, Dal, NYJ, Buf, Az, Bal to add a few more

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All I have to say to this is WOW. And there's a lot to unpack here.

Trevor Lawrence is my guy, and I'm black.....

You need to be banned.

On 10/1/2019 at 6:09 PM, ChickenBiscuit said:

Because he thinks the reason fans don't like Ryan is because he's white :o

He's not completely wrong. There's lots of black fans that have never forgiven the Falcons for doing Michael Vick wrong. That's their words, not mine. They believe that Blank should have supported Vick and waited until Vick got out of jail and given him his job back and that getting rid of him was a slap in the face.

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He's not completely wrong. There's lots of black fans that have never forgiven the Falcons for doing Michael Vick wrong. That's their words, not mine. They believe that Blank should have supported Vick and waited until Vick got out of jail and given him his job back and that getting rid of him was a slap in the face.

No generalization is ever 'completely wrong', but they're also never completely right. I think that's the whole point of why you shouldn't make them.

On 10/1/2019 at 1:41 PM, tldr said:

We need to keep Quinn for one more year so that we have a chance at drafting Justin Fields in 2021. Kid's from GA and he's black so fans will definitely fill the seats.

Why not wait and see what Fields can do vs an actual good defense instead of throwing to mostly wide open WRs?  He obviously wasn't good enough to beat Jake Fromm out at UGA, and I think it is because of his lack of accuracy.  If he can prove he can fit the ball into tight windows with accuracy, then he probably will be a good one.  

11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

And those people are stupid and playing the race card.  M Ryan has taken this team further than Vick ever could.  Vick was awesome too but maybe he shouldn't have been killing off dogs during the offseasons.  

I think the OP bravely stated what’s on a lot of falcon fans minds when the debate of liking Matt Ryan or not comes up around here! 

Let me say as a black fan of the falcons I like Matt Ryan and I do believe he’s been a top 10 QB over the past 3-4 years in NFL .....however I will admit his mistakes therefore I’m not a homer by any means 

but let’s just say what it is , it’s not necessarily a race war but around Atlanta , Ryan is not held to high standards by everyone like Vick was in his prime. It’s 50/50 for Matt but I do NOW understand why a lot of falcon fans don’t like Matt Ryan though I don’t agree with their reasoning being that Matt is statistically an elite QB for the most part putting up these numbers despite bad o lines in some years, tipped pass interceptions in some years, and horrible defenses in every season except one of his career....you’d think falcon fans would  love the Matty Ice but what it is , is Ryan’s style of play . He’s a pocket QB and many falcons fans rather see a dual threat playmaking Vick like QB which is often symbolized as being a black QB.

vick is really the first exciting scrambling QB the nfl has ever seen! He did it differently and he was tied to major black city were many blacks are well off and making it. 

The ol saying around football has always been black QBs run cause they can’t be as accurate as white QBs and white QBs just aren’t as athletic as black QBs or no where near but a much much better passer on all phases....don’t act like you’ve never heard that 

at at the end of the day I wonder though is it about winning or about excitement??? ...we can win with Ryan but yes he needs an offensive line because he’s a pocket QB. With Vick the line wasn’t all that good in front of him but he could make plays with his feet on the regular whereas Matt can’t but Vick also didn’t have a sorry *** defense on his teams like Matt does either.

matt Ryan has no doubt had better offensive lines and skill position teammates than Vick had over his career in ATL but Vick got the defensive unit that Matt has never had here . Give Ryan a avg defense and I bet we’d win a championship even with this o line we have today.

On 10/1/2019 at 1:41 PM, tldr said:

We need to keep Quinn for one more year so that we have a chance at drafting Justin Fields in 2021. Kid's from GA and he's black so fans will definitely fill the seats.

you are trash just trash!!!! how fast you guys forget the bad days that is if you're sad a55 was even alive yet. Did mommy make you mad this morning?

16 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

if that's the case they need to be shocked to **** near to death for not fighting and see how they feel if they get another chance.!!! its all about matt being white and not black point blank!!!!! and how in the puck did we do him wrong?? what q.b EVER do a year in jail (and on top of that maybe not being reinstated) and come back to his team like a waiting little heartbroken  girl go ahead ill wait!!!! some of you really need to get a grip on reality!

8 minutes ago, hashmark61 said:

if that's the case they need to be shocked to **** near to death for not fighting and see how they feel if they get another chance.!!! its all about matt being white and not black point blank!!!!! and how in the puck did we do him wrong?? what q.b EVER do a year in jail (and on top of that maybe not being reinstated) and come back to his team like a waiting little heartbroken  girl go ahead ill wait!!!! some of you really need to get a grip on reality!

I wasn't talking about me. I was talking about people I've talked to.