quotemokc

Lets review some of our bad plays on offense [Coaches Film] [GIFs]

80 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Yeah.  It's looking worse than I thought.  I was hoping maybe I was just missing something on the tv copy like I did against the Eagles where we actually did have some stuff open underneath on a few occasions they ran Cover-0 at us, but nah.  It's bad.  Tennessee got up and straight dropped those safeties back in the middle of nowhere and we didn't do anything to force them out of it.

Yep. I told you it was nothing but basic two high safety looks and they couldn't beat it. After playing a team in IND that specializes in it. Teams are going to just sit back and do the same the rest of the season. I would. It's a shame an NFL level offense can't beat basic two high safety coverages for more than 10 points. 

1 minute ago, vel said:

Yep. I told you it was nothing but basic two high safety looks and they couldn't beat it. After playing a team in IND that specializes in it. Teams are going to just sit back and do the same the rest of the season. I would. It's a shame an NFL level offense can't beat basic two high safety coverages for more than 10 points. 

DK will adjust.He actually does a good job of tweaking what we put on tape.....he may not be the fastest in game adjuster but from game to game he is pretty good.

There are several but the one that sticks out to me is the little smoke route/screen...we ran that several times and then he built in the wheel route on top of that....and then he built in the deep post opposite the smoke and wheel route.

But ofcourse if guys are not running the right routes.......that won't matter

Schwarzwald, vel and Pacific_Falcon like this

5 hours ago, falcons007 said:

You can’t blame the last one or the colts game on OL. It’s DK and R not getting open. We could see the frustration of Ridley after colts game. Yeah the OL was atrocious in Ragles game.

I don't know why but this seems like a pretty amusing nickname for the Eagles to me

falcons007 and falconsd56 like this

37 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Dirk was lowkey dropping some jewels in that press conference yesterday that I'm just now catching.  He said there were actually more run plays called in the first half.  Don't remember how he elaborated on that, but it would be a clear indicator that at least some of it was checked out of, which now begs the question, of if we need scale back some of Matt's autonomy.

I just listened to it — I don’t think that’s what he was saying. I heard him as saying we called more in the first half (11) than the second half (5). He said it was because we were behind and had to pass. 

To me, you don’t give up on the run at halftime. If you do, you’re basically giving up on the pass too. 

Schwarzwald and Pacific_Falcon like this

We need 3 WRs , 1 TE and 1 RB out in open for Ryan to have more options.

More bubble screens, slant routes, something to get behind L.Bs.....let Julio and Ridley stretch the field vertically.....Hooper and Sanu/Freeman can make plays in middle and kill em all.

Can I replace D.K??!! ****, cant be that complicated....every game these guys go for deep throws which are never there nor our offensive line is built for it.

We need to control the clock by hitting short 10-15 yards or max 20 yards and keep chains moving.

Our defense needs some rest .....to get the pass rush going.

As per D.K you cant be balanced offensive side if you dont know how to convert on short downs or keep chains moving.

Ball control is everything....once you wear the defenses down by staying on field even if you come with field goals ok.

But, you have to wear opponents defenses down till 3rd quarter and then hit them big in 4th especially with no huddle mode on.

To date, I’m not impressed by our staff at all!   It almost seems as if our opponents know what’s coming. This WR corps & we can’t manage to scheme a few guys open.

Then we turn our attention to the player’s abysmal execution.

Both sides of the ball are unproductive and we deserve exactly what we’ve gotten... 3 L’s.

NCFalconfan likes this

23 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

I don't know why but this seems like a pretty amusing nickname for the Eagles to me

Lol I suck at typing on the phone. I do like the nick name though.

Pacific_Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, mattyicefalcon said:

As per D.K you cant be balanced offensive side if you dont know how to convert on short downs or keep chains moving.

Ball control is everything....once you wear the defenses down by staying on field even if you come with field goals ok.

But, you have to wear opponents defenses down till 3rd quarter and then hit them big in 4th especially with no huddle mode on.

I thought that was DK’s job?  

My goodness, whatever we’re doing it ain’t working.  

To date, the called plays have been easily contested.  

6 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

To date, I’m not impressed by our staff at all!   It almost seems as if our opponents know what’s coming. This WR corps & we can’t manage to scheme a few guys open.

Then we turn our attention to the player’s abysmal execution.

Both sides of the ball are unproductive and we deserve exactly what we’ve gotten... 3 L’s.

Exactly,  worst case we are not being creative on either side of the ball ....playing to scared not to lose.

I dont think this team loves to play football theres no excitement on their faces.

Sorry for this analogy...but they look like herd of sheep lined up in tunnel prior to game .....heading in to a slaughter houses. Knowing the opponents are gonna annihilate them.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

4 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I thought that was DK’s job?  

My goodness, whatever we’re doing it ain’t working.  

To date, the called plays have been easily contested.  

D.K is waiting for Dan Quinn to get fired.

Hes on to something....we all know how D.K can call plays in creative ways.

He just wants his H.C job back and wants D.Q to fail.

Its blatantly evident ...once that happens. He will appoint Mularkey as Offensive coordinator.

Mark it ...it may just happen this year

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

As easy as it is to point out the miscues from the offensive line, for the most part this season, Matt has had a clean pocket. It's just that bad results follow. Now that's not to say the pass protection has been A1 or anything. The WR's not getting consistent separation plays a role as well

Look at how many plays we just running vertical.

Where is the stretch zone WCO combo? Gone.

Where is ANY form of setups and gameplan building for later in the game?

We used to take deep shots off stretching teams horizontally first with Kyle and made everyone look the same with different window dressing. I think that was the best pairing for Matt and obviously before with the smaller OL.

Kyle's details were/are designed to manipulate defenders into mistakes or slower to react to the real purpose of the play. They still had to respect play-action...

13 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Its blatantly evident ...once that happens. He will appoint Mularkey as Offensive coordinator.

Arthur didn’t hire him in 2015 to replace Smitty. What has DK put on tape anywhere since then, including four games this season to change AB’s mind?

Stevo, Schwarzwald, JDaveG and 1 other like this

34 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I just listened to it — I don’t think that’s what he was saying. I heard him as saying we called more in the first half (11) than the second half (5). He said it was because we were behind and had to pass. 

To me, you don’t give up on the run at halftime. If you do, you’re basically giving up on the pass too. 

You might be right on about that. His presser auto-played on my YouTube right after DQ’s. I’ll admit I was rolling my eyes and half-listening when I saw the title “we want to be balanced”.

Schwarzwald and JDaveG like this

4 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

You might be right on about that. His presser auto-played on my YouTube right after DQ’s. I’ll admit I was rolling my eyes and half-listening when I saw the title “we want to be balanced”.

Right?

”I want to stop getting speeding tickets (proceeds to drive 100 mph in a 35).”

17 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Look at how many plays we just running vertical.

Where is the stretch zone WCO combo? Gone.

Where is ANY form of setups and gameplan building for later in the game?

We used to take deep shots off stretching teams horizontally first with Kyle and made everyone look the same with different window dressing. I think that was the best pairing for Matt and obviously before with the smaller OL.

Kyle's details were/are designed to manipulate defenders into mistakes or slower to react to the real purpose of the play. They still had to respect play-action...

Kyles also a more diverse play caller compared to Dirk and Sark. But we gotta stop going back in time and bringing up 2016. The pass protection this season hasn’t been as terrible as it seems. Running game is gone but I was specifically told I can’t blame the offensive line for that so I’m not. The wr’s aren’t consistent and Matt can’t seem to hit them when I matters. That’s unacceptable 

9 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Kyles also a more diverse play caller compared to Dirk and Sark. But we gotta stop going back in time and bringing up 2016. The pass protection this season hasn’t been as terrible as it seems. Running game is gone but I was specifically told I can’t blame the offensive line for that so I’m not. The wr’s aren’t consistent and Matt can’t seem to hit them when I matters. That’s unacceptable 

Well when it comes to the passing game we still had wide zone and routes that stretched he Defense horizontal...

Run game hasn’t been very good since 2017 and even that year was a step back from 2016.

It was good to see Ito find the EZ in the RZ.

OL needs more reps attacking the DL.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Well when it comes to the passing game we still had wide zone and routes that stretched he Defense horizontal...

Run game hasn’t been very good since 2017 and even that year was a step back from 2016.

It was good to see Ito find the EZ in the RZ.

OL needs more reps attacking the DL.

Hey if I could give an honest opinion that would be accepted as only that I would. But I know my opinion will be taken as something completely different so i'll keep it to myself. All I will say is regarding this years team, the playmakers need to do a better job of actually making plays. The last 2 games Matt has had a clean pocket for the most part so that isn't the biggest issue. Decision making and the other guys not doing their jobs are killers for this team. Hooper is the only bright spot in the passing game right now. There's truly no reason for this team to be 1-3 right now. No reason at all. And it's not all on the offensive side. 

3 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

I doubt that as it’s so conspiratorial in nature.  No way a professional like him would do that.  But stranger things have happened.

Just look at the routes our receivers are running, zero creativity, no scheming guys open, a bunch of beat your man or else

Schwarzwald likes this

The more I think about the title of Koetter's presser, the more I laugh at it.

Can we get together and take up a collection to pay someone with press credentials to go to his next presser and answer every statement with a mom joke?

"We want to be balanced."

"Your mom wants to be balanced."

"We need to execute better."

"Your mom should have executed better."

falconsd56 and Schwarzwald like this

4 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Arthur didn’t hire him in 2015 to replace Smitty. What has DK put on tape anywhere since then, including four games this season to change AB’s mind?

Dan Quinn will ensure he will change A.B mind.

By giving this ball club more losses and just post game liptalk backing up with TELL THE TRUTH MONDAYS.

15 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

The more I think about the title of Koetter's presser, the more I laugh at it.

Can we get together and take up a collection to pay someone with press credentials to go to his next presser and answer every statement with a mom joke?

"We want to be balanced."

"Your mom wants to be balanced."

"We need to execute better."

"Your mom should have executed better."

Dk: I need to get guys more open.

Heckler: like your moms legs?....wait nothing is that open

JDaveG likes this