Danny C

Takk McKinley hinting at possible Dallas Cowboys trade?

121 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, LouDog said:

The only way id be ok with a tear down is if we got very good returns for Ryan and Julio. They are both too old to be part of a rebuild but to expensive to cut.

Their dead cap numbers make them untradeable.

GhostofGritz likes this

I'm a Takk fan but at this point if you can get something for him, why not? He plays with a mean streak but highly inconsistent and disappears like Beasley. In fact, he's not really much better than Vic, they both avg around 4-5 sacks a year on one of the worst D lines.

ya_boi_j likes this

4 hours ago, LouDog said:

The only way id be ok with a tear down is if we got very good returns for Ryan and Julio. They are both too old to be part of a rebuild but to expensive to cut.

Dumbest thing I’ve read all day and I’ve been reading the news

OrthoPTSD likes this

Not on twitter don't know how it works but we did trade up above the Cowboys to get him. The Cowboys wanted to draft him, so maybe he's been following them since the draft process.

8 hours ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

I'm a Takk fan but at this point if you can get something for him, why not? He plays with a mean streak but highly inconsistent and disappears like Beasley. In fact, he's not really much better than Vic, they both avg around 4-5 sacks a year on one of the worst D lines.

Naw, Takk is a raw jewel. It was up to the Mighty DL Whisper to help him take his game to the next level. Well, as it turns out, the DL Guru is a DL Gonzo.

Just a reminder Dimitroff traded up for Takk because he felt so strongly about him. 

The pick right after Takk, the Bills drafted Tre'Davious White, who is an absolute stud. 

A few picks after that, the Steelers drafted TJ Watt. 

The pick after the Falcons original 1st round pick, the Saints drafted Ryan Ramczyk, whom Dimitroff would trade his left nut for Kaleb McGary to turn out to be as good as him. 

1 minute ago, Summerhill said:

Just a reminder Dimitroff traded up for Takk because he felt so strongly about him. 

The pick right after Takk, the Bills drafted Tre'Davious White, who is an absolute stud. 

The pick after the Falcons original 1st round pick, the Saints drafted Ryan Ramczyk, whom Dimitroff would trade his left nut for Kaleb McGary to turn out to be as good as him. 

Shoulda had Watt.

12 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

If we trade Takk that means we’re tearing it down. Honestly, wouldn’t even be mad. I’m down for the reset button. 

:tiphat::slick:

13 hours ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Maybe he was rooting for the Cowboys last night. Stop trying to decrypt tweets.

Wasn’t Like they were playing a first place arch rival of ours or anything. :rolleyes:

Jerz #Quinning likes this

Posted (edited)

40 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

1. Alford and Trufant were still our starting corners and Collins had impressed in the playoffs
  2. TJ Watt... yeah probably, he is more more of a 3-4 LB though which didn't fit our scheme.
  3. We just had Schraeder end the season as the #1 ranked RT on PFF

Hindsight is fun.

Edited by quotemokc

14 minutes ago, quotemokc said:
  1. Alford and Trufant were still our starting corners and Collins had impressed in the playoffs
  2. TJ Watt... yeah probably, he is more more of a 3-4 LB though which didn't fit our scheme.

Hindsight is fun.

Life comes at you fast. One day you think you're so good you don't need more good players, the next day you're 1-3 and the season is over before it began. 

vitaman likes this

Takk and Beasley were both drafted to be THE GUY. Beasley was for ONE YEAR.

Now they're both just guys. I wouldn't put the bust label on either one of them, but considering where they both were drafted they're both disappointments.

As far as Takk's tweets, I actually have him blocked on Twitter. He's a young, immature guy who likes to troll and play with people. That ish doesn't interest me in the least. Nothing personal against him.

3 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

Takk and Beasley were both drafted to be THE GUY. Beasley was for ONE YEAR.

Now they're both just guys. I wouldn't put the bust label on either one of them, but considering where they both were drafted they're both disappointments.

As far as Takk's tweets, I actually have him blocked on Twitter. He's a young, immature guy who likes to troll and play with people. That ish doesn't interest me in the least. Nothing personal against him.

I actually think Beasley is playing better this season.  I think he's being misused a lot, but his play hasn't been awful at least.  He's gotten pressure when asked to do so, played the run well, etc.

Takk has flashed, but I'd love to see some consistency from him.  He's also being misused though, so......

Schwarzwald and PokerSteve like this

45 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Hindsight is fun.

He’s an edge rusher. Both of the edge rushers we have now are 3-4 body-types. The LEO and SAM in our scheme are basically 3-4 outside linebackers.

Honestly... I'm starting to not give a ****...   the players, coaching staff, and ownership don't give a f**K about our team

Why should I?

I'll just root for whatever morons they suit up on Sunday and move on after those 3 putrid hours

OrthoPTSD likes this

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Tackling Dutchman for Takk straight up certainly won’t happen. 

vander esch and debo would be nasty then let go of campball save some money and vander esch is still on his rookie deal man i like it :D lets do it straight up we can get lucky once right we deserve it for all the terrible luck we have had