Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
EddieK

We just made a trade - we got Johnathan Cyprien

4 minutes ago, thamill said:

Yet somehow that awful OL he put together in 2016, boasted the 6th best offense of all time and a SB appearance.    

Why do you keep picking out single players or even single years to try and dispute what I'm saying? TD has been here since 2008. How many years has our OL and DL struggled and been a weakness during that time?

How many players on the OL and DL has TD missed in either draft picks and FA signings during that time?

Look at Ryan's yearly sack numbers, look at the defense yearly sack numbers, look at the turnover on both sides of the trenches.

You are not disproving my point in the least by picking singular outliers to the over all trend of TD having issues acquiring talent on the OL and DL.

With the amount of years and picks TD has had to try and build a good OL and DL I bet anything we could do a better job just throwing darts at a draft board.

10 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Why do you keep picking out single players or even single years to try and dispute what I'm saying? TD has been here since 2008. How many years has our OL and DL struggled and been a weakness during that time?

How many players on the OL and DL has TD missed in either draft picks and FA signings during that time?

Look at Ryan's yearly sack numbers, look at the defense yearly sack numbers, look at the turnover on both sides of the trenches.

You are not disproving my point in the least by picking outliers to the over all trend of TD having issues acquiring talent onthe OL and DL.

Why do you ignore a record book year and SB appearance?  That's kind of a big deal dude.  You said he is habitually awful at putting together the trenches.  If that was true he wouldn't have put together an offense that was the 6th BEST ALL TIME.  I get it you don't like the guy but he's not as awful as you think.  Is he perfect? No.  Is he the best GM ever? No.  Is he the best one the Falcons have ever had?  Probably.  I encourage you to go back and look at some of Dan Reeves' drafts if you want to see some awful picks after rounds 1 and 2.  I'm just providing facts that you obviously don't want to acknowledge because it doens't fit your narrative.  That's an issue you'll have to address on your own or in therapy.  Good luck.     

10 hours ago, The Closer said:

That may be true... but its a well known fact Pioli knows a Pro Bowl-caliber player when he sees one. The guy has drafted Pro Bowl talent with every team he's been with. He is one of the best talent evaluators in football. If you don't believe me, just ask most people with common sense... They'll tell you the same thing...

He’s as good as the people around him using him as the singular context of the Falcons drafting well is false he’s a piece of the puzzle.

Putting words in my mouth are you if you go back and read what I’ve written where have I said Pioli wasn’t good at picking talent?

All I’ve mentioned is within a team his experience like  everybody else’s is used to get a result.

The key isn’t one guy the key is how well the group works together that’s the key.

Hence why when you draft well or draft poorly it’s a reflection of the group not on one person.

22 hours ago, The Rock said:

I was in the camp that was pissed for drafting Duke. Never seen any football instincts in him.

Dimintroffed! 

I do like Cyprien though, also known for missing tackles. 

also known for missing tackles...

Great,we could use some more of that around here,not.

On 9/30/2019 at 6:36 PM, The Closer said:

This reminds me of the Mike Smith era... When we went years of blaming everything on players & coordinators, but not the head coach & GM...

IDK who else you blame. Our drafts have been good since Pioli got here. I just can’t give TD credit but all the TD homers will blame it on DQ just like Mike Smith. We have talent no doubt....but TD can’t or don’t know how to add the finishing touches to a championship caliber team. I’m afraid our draft will go back to being what it was before Pioli got here. We got some serious issues from the front office down. Maybe the Falcons turn it around it’s only 1/4 of the way....I’m not convinced with this crowd. You know AB wants to fire the whole D crowd and will if things don’t change quickly. 

On 10/1/2019 at 1:15 AM, datchrisb1 said:

It's week 5, the rooks played 4 games. Don't even put that juju in the air. Plus its too early. The "gurus" are the GMs and NFL scouts actually working the job, thats like you having your job and me sitting on my couch being a guru about what you are doing on your job but I'm sitting on my couch and you are actually doing the job. Those "gurus" either say things to get your attention like click bait or they are passing word from what they HEARD from people actually doing the work the real gurus. Either way, you wouldn't know which direction there going with it.

Just off the top of my head, how many sacks did Michael Straham have his rookie year, how well did Orlando Brown do his rookie year. Give it some time, mid season next year.

I'm not saying they're bad players. Just could have gotten better value if we moved down some, or just drafted Dexter Lawrence to help our porous run defense.