Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EddieK

We just made a trade - we got Johnathan Cyprien

182 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Duke was the same class as Takk right? I may have gotten my trades mixed up.

Yeah we traded out of round 2 to get him. Pretty bad error still but not as bad as I remember. 

Outside of Kazee, that 16 class is looking #notgood

42 minutes ago, stizz said:

And this is why I always wonder why people call for TD to be fired. He ALWAYS makes solid trades and puts talent on the field. 

Dude that safety is coming off an ACL tear! Remember that

2 minutes ago, The Closer said:

Besides the bust Vic Beasley, and injury prone Keanu Neal & Takk McKinley... What other 1st rd. picks do we have on defense? Everyone else are mid-round picks Scott Pioli nailed...

Trufant

JDaveG likes this

I forgot Cyprien was a Gus Bradley protege' in Jacksonville. Just perused some game film on the guy, and he actually plays a very similar style of SS to Keke. He's a full year removed from ACL surgery and looks to be poised for a significant opportunity to prove his self again. This could be interesting. 

3 minutes ago, athell said:

Outside of Kazee, that 16 class is looking #notgood

Our drafts since the Keanu/Debo draft are pretty underwhelming. We haven't got much out of those mid round picks at all. Like I'd say Teco was as impactful as any draft pick we've made since 2016.

Slimm, athell and The Rock like this

38 minutes ago, The Rock said:

TD has a history of taking reaching for bad players ... I.e. Duke Riley, Desmond Southward, Akeem Dent, Lamar Holmes, Mike Johnson. 

ok I'll give you all of those except Dent and Johnson. Mike Johnson was a heckuva lineman at AL, just once the injury bug hit he could never shake it. Dent was a good SEC linebacker, you know, what so many around here cry and whine about, "we NEVER draft any SEC talent" even though there is a long list of names that proves that otherwise

I can’t imagine the reaction the “trade Ryan” posters would have if they actually did it. Not seeing as many cheers as I did “cut Riley” comments...... more complaining if you ask me.

3 minutes ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

The Cardinals just cut DJ Swearinger. That dude is much more in line with the type of player Keke is. I dont know what the dirty is on Swearinger but at first glance I would much rather have him. 

hes a dirty player but I guess some people think we need to get 'tougher' :ninja:

SoCalFalconFan and TX Falcon like this

Just now, Dr Long Shot said:

He's allowed 10 receptions in 13 chances.:ninja:

Should have kept him at safety even if it meant moving Rico over to replace Keanu

37 minutes ago, The Rock said:

Lindstrom and McGary both reaches by all draft Guru's. 

We had a choice of the best 2 DBs in the draft but we over drafted an OL then moved back into the 1st not for one of the 2 best DBs but another OL (with a known heart problem) who should have been a 3rd or 4th rd pick....

The Rock likes this

39 minutes ago, The Rock said:

TD has a history of taking reaching for bad players ... I.e. Duke Riley, Desmond Southward, Akeem Dent, Lamar Holmes, Mike Johnson. 

And been terrible on the oline.  His best pick was Jake by far but even then we had a top pick and everyone knew we were taking OLine with first pick.  Luckily Greg R was already taken because knowing us, we would have taken him.  I'm not mad with the pick but other than that, all his other picks have on oline have been misses.  He should be fired in the next round of firings coming up.  He should have been fired a long time ago, honestly.  

The Rock likes this

Just now, Romfal said:

hes a dirty player but I guess some people think we need to get 'tougher' :ninja:

Yeah, I just saw that Cyprien was drafted by Gus Bradley in Jacksonville. Watched some quick game film on him. He's a baller, and has experience in our D. Could be a solid move. 

falconsrus likes this

51 minutes ago, The Rock said:

TD loves to go full ceiling and no floor in the 3rd round...also known as full -tard. 

3rd round should be where you draft quality depth not reach for need

Slimm and The Rock like this

I'm not upset about Duke leaving. He wasn't much of a player anyway so if he goes and develops into a formidable player with the Eagles then good for him. 

23 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yay.  Another Jordan Miller trade

Yawn.  Excuse me if I don’t think this will help...

Missing the bigger picture...Cyp comes in to take Krazee's S snaps leaving Kaz free to pick up snaps at Oliver's spot...limiting Oliver's snaps should be a huge part of this endgame...