BamaBirdLady

Alabama has another day time game!

24 posts in this topic

Last Saturday the temp on the field at kickoff was 119 degrees. I think it is ridiculous that all our games have been day games.

Believe me when I say, Tuscaloosa is one of the hottest places on earth and I grew up here. It is surrounded by the Black Warrior River and several lakes and the wind never blows there unless it is a tornado.

My son is in the Million Dollar Band and the last 2 home games the director of the band let them take their jackets off, this has NEVER happened since this guy has been director, going on 15 years.

Maybe we will be able to show off our lights, GA lights looked great, hope we get a chance too!

1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Last Saturday the temp on the field at kickoff was 119 degrees. I think it is ridiculous that all our games have been day games.

Believe me when I say, Tuscaloosa is one of the hottest places on earth and I grew up here. It is surrounded by the Black Warrior River and several lakes and the wind never blows there unless it is a tornado.

My son is in the Million Dollar Band and the last 2 home games the director of the band let them take their jackets off, this has NEVER happened since this guy has been director, going on 15 years.

Maybe we will be able to show off our lights, GA lights looked great, hope we get a chance too!

Maybe if Bama scheduled a decent game they could play later in the day.

Macknsweetjones and Ovie_Lover like this

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

oh noooooo.....I meant to say  "all Bama games should be either at 3:30pm or Prime Time - even those against Southwestern Central Idaho State :rolleyes:

Lol. I’m not sure what BBL is referencing unless she’s talking about the Aggie game in two weeks at 3:30pm. When I think of “day” games I’m thinking of the 11pm Central Time Zone starts. 

g-dawg likes this

27 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Lol. I’m not sure what BBL is referencing unless she’s talking about the Aggie game in two weeks at 3:30pm. When I think of “day” games I’m thinking of the 11pm Central Time Zone starts. 

At the 2:30 central time last weekend it was 119 degrees on the field. Yes I am talking about A&M in 2 weeks and it sucks.

Actually the 11:00 central games are cooler,  according to my son anyway.

Besides the heat, night games are just more fun!

Just now, BamaBirdLady said:

At the 2:30 central time last weekend it was 119 degrees on the field. Yes I am talking about A&M in 2 weeks and it sucks.

Maybe the weather will cool a bit in two weeks. Maybe...

13 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Yeah heard a lot of the Bama peeps weren’t happy UGA had the prime time game to show off their LED light show :D

Black Francis and BamaBirdLady like this

I live in Birmingham and worked in Tuscaloosa for 3 years. It’s **** on earth in the summer but there are places all over the southeast just as bad. I’ve never been to a day game at Colombia, SC during the day but I hear it’s on par if not worse. 

47 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Alabama has been the best team in the SEC for the last decade. CBS has first pick among the TV networks when it comes to picking games and they pick them for the majority of their games because the ratings draw is huge and higher than any other SEC school. The CBS game time is 2:30 local time. Therefore Alabama plays a lot of day games. End of discussion.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Alabama has been the best team in the SEC for the last decade. CBS has first pick among the TV networks when it comes to picking games and they pick them for the majority of their games because the ratings draw is huge and higher than any other SEC school. The CBS game time is 2:30 local time. Therefore Alabama plays a lot of day games. End of discussion.

I think LSU v FL is a bigger SEC game than Bama v A&M. 

I mean really 2 top 10 Sec schools playing versus #1 playing #25.

8 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I'll be interested to aee how FLA looks against LSU. Still not sold on them

g-dawg and BamaBirdLady like this

19 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

the networks look for ratings as you know.  it's a reason why cbs choose UGA/Notre Dame over bama/lsu when it comes to their night game this year.  there is no question that UGA/ND game would have a much better rating nationally than bama/lsu and it was the highest rated game in regular season since 2013 i believe.  bama vs a&m will have a lot better ratings than lsu and florida even though the rankings might lean toward the uf/lsu game being a better game.  uga is playing at noon in 2 weeks because espn had the 3rd choice and knows that UGA/anyone at noon would draw very strong ratings right after Gameday.  I hate day games in the south during early october/september, but i usually look at day games being noon (11am central) starts.  i hope it does cool down some in 2 weeks.. i am going to hate sitting in the stands to see usce/uga play. 

17 minutes ago, LouDog said:

I'll be interested to aee how FLA looks against LSU. Still not sold on them

i am really interested in seeing how auburn/florida matchup.. florida has played against some crap teams and looked bad even in wins.  i think they are a paper tiger right now, but they can prove otherwise playing a close game with auburn.  i think it tells us a lot about lsu/florida.  

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah heard a lot of the Bama peeps weren’t happy UGA had the prime time game to show off their LED light show :D

Ha! I loved it. Cheered them Dawgs the whole game. It’s awesome what Kirby brings. No hate from me. Ever. 

g-dawg likes this

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

We can debate a bit mind you, but I’ll leave it at that and it’s fun. It was fun growing up and I know you remember those days. Don’t get me wrong it was serious too, but we were all the same back then. Mostly. Southerners looking in the same direction. Going to church together. Breaking bread together. I don’t know man. I’m flawed for sure but I’m trying to get it back to good. Time for the Matchbox 20 song lol. 

g-dawg likes this

11 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i am really interested in seeing how auburn/florida matchup.. florida has played against some crap teams and looked bad even in wins.  i think they are a paper tiger right now, but they can prove otherwise playing a close game with auburn.  i think it tells us a lot about lsu/florida.  

I can see Auburn and LSU both having strong seasons. They wont be up there with Bama, Ohio State, UGA, etc. But they both look solid to me. I think FLA will lose every hard game they have.

g-dawg and BamaBirdLady like this

25 minutes ago, LouDog said:

I can see Auburn and LSU both having strong seasons. They wont be up there with Bama, Ohio State, UGA, etc. But they both look solid to me. I think FLA will lose every hard game they have.

The really nice thing is that all of the teams will actually play it out in the regular season.

I can't wait to see how Fl stands up to LSU, can they score points on them like everyone else has? Then Fl has to face GA.

Auburn plays Bama, LSU and UGA. Anyone think they can play through that undefeated?

Of course you have Bama and LSU. I think Bama's freshman filled defense is learning quickly and will be much better by November. What about LSU's defense?

Going to be a great October and November for SEC football!

g-dawg likes this

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

the networks look for ratings as you know.  it's a reason why cbs choose UGA/Notre Dame over bama/lsu when it comes to their night game this year.  there is no question that UGA/ND game would have a much better rating nationally than bama/lsu and it was the highest rated game in regular season since 2013 i believe.  bama vs a&m will have a lot better ratings than lsu and florida even though the rankings might lean toward the uf/lsu game being a better game.  uga is playing at noon in 2 weeks because espn had the 3rd choice and knows that UGA/anyone at noon would draw very strong ratings right after Gameday.  I hate day games in the south during early october/september, but i usually look at day games being noon (11am central) starts.  i hope it does cool down some in 2 weeks.. i am going to hate sitting in the stands to see usce/uga play. 

You're in luck. Supposed to start cooling down Sunday or Monday.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You're in luck. Supposed to start cooling down Sunday or Monday.

Great to hear.. 

Yeah it’s time now that it’s October to start thinning the herd from on who are the contenders and who are the pretenders.

With Florida, they simply haven’t played anyone yet and have looked mostly terrible while still winning.  Mullen seems to be mostly happy with his team - so that’s a good thing for Gator Haters.

Auburn looks for real.  The combo of the young freshman QB Bo Nix and GUS taking back the offense seems to have created some magic.  Still, the only decent team AU has played is Oregon - how good are the Ducks, really?   I believe in Auburn right now but let’s see what happens when the competition gets tougher.

LSU?  The criticism always starts with the defense this year but if Joe Burrow keeps playing the way he is right now, the truth is the defense doesn’t have to be that good - and the LSU DC(Dave Aranda) is arguably the 2nd best DC in the nation behind Clemson’s Brent Vendables.

Bama has nothing to prove on offense other than maybe to run it better.  The defensive depth depleted and Freshman LBs but they will be seasoned by the time the tough tests come (LSU, AU, potentiality UGA).

UGA - we need to be more dynamic on offense and we don’t need to wait until the toughest games to do so.  Sure we can win 90% of our games just grinding the opposition into the ground but it’s time to open up the O just a little bit.

Georgia has to get better at stepping on the necks of their toughest opponents.  The good news is we have the personnel to do so - Kirby needs to trust Fromm a little more and give him more control of the offense.  What’s the point of having a great QB if you are going to treat him like a game manager.   Highly rated HS QBs will start seeing this and discount UGA if this continues as well.

BamaBirdLady likes this

16 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

There is some online speculation that CBS is forgoing the UF/LSU game (as well as AU/FL) in order to try and get a second primetime game for UA/LSU if both teams are undefeated... It may be pure BS, but it would explain the decision for CBS to pass up the LSU/UF game which objectively should be a much better draw than Bama vs unranked aTm.

On 9/30/2019 at 3:58 PM, g-dawg said:

oh noooooo.....I meant to say  "all Bama games should be either at 3:30pm or Prime Time - even those against Southwestern Central Idaho State :rolleyes:

Here's my issue with it: LSU pretty much gets to play ALLLLL of their home games at night, even the ones against crappy teams. It's not so much about the 11 AM games (because truth be told, I don't really care if games are at 11 AM unless there is brutal heat), but it's more about matching a standard that LSU has done. 

For example, LSU fans were ready to riot when they were given their first 11 AM home game in a long time. Alabama, Georgia, etc. have played 11 AM games and there hasn't been much complaining about it until recently. 

BamaBirdLady likes this

9 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

There is some online speculation that CBS is forgoing the UF/LSU game (as well as AU/FL) in order to try and get a second primetime game for UA/LSU if both teams are undefeated... It may be pure BS, but it would explain the decision for CBS to pass up the LSU/UF game which objectively should be a much better draw than Bama vs unranked aTm.

That's okay, they don't have to do that. Would rather play an 11 AM game than have to sit through a night game with Gary.