RandomFan

Georgia vs Tennessee

676 posts in this topic

Loved the adjustments made at halftime. We got refocused and shut them down and had more success offensively. 1st half was ugly but we overcame that and took care of business.

Go Dawgs! Beat South Crackalina!

Dawggone, Bdawg58 and sdogg like this

It's not exactly a surprise, but congratulations on the win. Hopefully anyone who got hurt is able to bounce back quickly. I was surprised UT put 14 up on these guys after the last game out.

I do wish UT would've done what they tried to do against Georgia at the end last season when the contest was no longer in doubt, which is run the clock out, rather than throw to try to get late garbage time points like they did tonight. 43-21 wouldn't look that much better than 43-14.

5 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Manny Diaz has a rebuild on his hands.  I do think you guys have the right guy.  

It's ugly right now but I love that school through it all

fibonaccisquared likes this

33 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Any update on Cager? 

He has a stinger in that shoulder/neck. He got it a couple weeks ago and it still flares up here and there. He will be fine

sdogg likes this

Just got back from Neyland, first trip there. The first half we got a little worried. UT fans were feeling it and we getting pretty loud. Excellent half time adjustments by Kirby. I'm still waiting on the offense to cut it loose though.

I will say I was not that impressed with Neyland the stadium. It's old and kinda run down, like piss in a porcelain trough run down. Haven't seen those things since Fulton Co Stadium. Most of the fans were nice, though it did get a little dicey at the end with a few. 

Beer sales were a great addition but they need more vendor booths. We had 1 that was servicing 6 sections, so the lines were horrible.

Knoxville is pretty cool. Enjoyed market square and Gay st. We spent most our time at the Sky Box bar downstairs with lots of other Dawg fans.

Oh...and screw you Auburn.

Carter and RedandBlack4Life! like this

5 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

My favorite play.

I could watch this all day.

Perfect.

Going to miss Stokes after this year.

That’s funny.. I was showing my wife that post over and over again yesterday.. 

95Dawg likes this

9 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

My favorite play.

I could watch this all day.

Perfect.

Going to miss Stokes after this year.

He felt that hit for a long time too. He wanted to lay down on the sideline and wake up tomorrow when the bad man is gone.

That's a "welcome to grown man football" hit.

Ovie_Lover likes this

On 10/6/2019 at 4:51 PM, theDIRTYcode said:

Just got back from Neyland, first trip there. The first half we got a little worried. UT fans were feeling it and we getting pretty loud. Excellent half time adjustments by Kirby. I'm still waiting on the offense to cut it loose though.

I will say I was not that impressed with Neyland the stadium. It's old and kinda run down, like piss in a porcelain trough run down. Haven't seen those things since Fulton Co Stadium. Most of the fans were nice, though it did get a little dicey at the end with a few. 

Beer sales were a great addition but they need more vendor booths. We had 1 that was servicing 6 sections, so the lines were horrible.

Knoxville is pretty cool. Enjoyed market square and Gay st. We spent most our time at the Sky Box bar downstairs with lots of other Dawg fans.

Oh...and screw you Auburn.

Neyland is pretty old & worn down, I agree totally. Those trough urinals are terrible. Over the last 15 years or so, they've made some updates to Neyland, although the troughs needed to go years ago. It's kinda like how there's no hot water for hand washing in Thompson Boling Arena for concerts or basketball games. If you're a UGA Basketball fan, you should try to come up for a basketball game up here. Not really a bad seat in Thompson Boling Arena.

I'm sorry things got dicey with some of them at the end, although glad most of the fans were nice. I've heard mixed reviews about Athens in terms of fan behavior, but would like to go eventually. Somewhat off topic, but one place I don't want to go as an opposing fan is Rupp Arena in Kentucky.

Hopefully they'll have more beer vendors in Neyland next season to counteract the long lines next season. Glad you enjoyed Knoxville. I live about 20 minutes from downtown Knoxville in Lenoir City (you may have noticed the interstate exit sign on I-75), I don't go to many games though, largely because I work nearly every Saturday.

1 hour ago, 95Dawg said:

Makes me so proud that Dawg fans show up like this.

The UT fans are in awe.