RandomFan

Georgia vs Tennessee

676 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I really hope we get the backs moving up the field this week. I don’t know if there’s a lot of defenses that will play football as disciplined as ND but they covered up the check downs to the backs and other teams are going to try and replicate that. Especially off an audible at the line.

We need to run some wheel routes and get the backs in the middle of the field to counter that. I can guarantee that Bama and Auburn will key in on that when we play. 

You probably won't have to worry about Tennessee playing anywhere near as disciplined as Notre Dame did. Tennessee can't get lined up properly on a regular basis, but I don't see that changing after the bye week.

Georgia 41 Tennessee 6.

7 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

You probably won't have to worry about Tennessee playing anywhere near as disciplined as Notre Dame did. Tennessee can't get lined up properly on a regular basis, but I don't see that changing after the bye week.

Georgia 41 Tennessee 6.

Tennessee will be relevant again.  I think you're one good Head Coach away.   

eddiesauto likes this

Since Tennessee last beat us...

They’re 4-19 in SEC play.

10 losses by four or more scores.
13 losses by double digits
14 games giving up 35+ points

1 hour ago, The Great American said:

I will say, it is a whole lot more fun when Tennessee is good! As big a riviarly it is between Bama and the Vols, I much prefer a good game rather than what is going on now.

Tennessee is in such a financial crunch with all these buy outs of coaches, I think they need to sit tight with Pruitt. Remember, he has had only 1 real recruiting class. You need to give a coach a few cycles to get HIS guys on the field.

The Great American likes this

I just want to see someone else get some reps at FS. #2 hasn't improved much at all since HS and no one else has had much of a chance to do so at his position.

I think the dawgs can easily put up a 50 burger however I don’t think Kirby will open it up too much.  Dawgs 42 Vols 10.

Jeremy Pruitt this week on Jake Fromm ....

”You don’t trick this guy. I’ve coached against him for two years. We might have got him two times in I don’t know how many plays? 160 plays? Where we felt like he didn’t throw the ball (right) or have them in the right play.”

“That’s a pretty good batting percentage for him. There’s very few out there that I have seen like that and its one of the reasons that they are successful on offense.”

Reminder: That was one season at UT and the other season with 'Bama.

A few other players I would like to see get meaningful minutes on Saturday are:

Zeus (I read he should get more snaps)

Otis

T Stevenson

Adam Anderson

Cine

g-dawg likes this

On 10/2/2019 at 9:49 AM, The Great American said:

Thanks. Pruitt doesn't seem to be the guy, but it's still early. Losing to Georgia State was unacceptable though. I'm tired of the coaching carousel here in Knoxville, that's for sure.

The Great American likes this

On 10/2/2019 at 11:09 AM, SacFalcFan said:

Since Tennessee last beat us...

They’re 4-19 in SEC play.

10 losses by four or more scores.
13 losses by double digits
14 games giving up 35+ points

Really only two victories worth anything (2018 at Auburn, vs Kentucky), unless one cares about the 2016 Music City Bowl win over Nebraska. Sadly, that might be the last bowl game for awhile. One of my friends got hired on at Belk recently, so maybe UT can make the 2020 Belk Bowl, then he can get tickets for it....

Not that they'll need it, but good luck to the Bulldogs tonight, as well as the rest of the season. Here's hoping for a clean, hard fought, injury free contest.

sdogg and Bdawg58 like this

51-10, like see from get 20-25 pa.. throw some deep few if any bubble screens, toss sweep- run out side at least 1 for every 3 up the gut.  And pressure qb!!!!

51 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

51-10, like see from get 20-25 pa.. throw some deep few if any bubble screens, toss sweep- run out side at least 1 for every 3 up the gut.  And pressure qb!!!!

At least 8 pass attempts  to the TEs

This is turning into one of those games that I think might end up a lot closer than everyone thinks. Doesn't it always turn out like that? Everyone thinks one team is overmatched, overmatched team has pride and plays way above expectations, favored team doesn't take them seriously, etc... Hope I'm wrong, but won't be surprised if we don't blow them out. 

Peteshweddy likes this

Posted (edited)

Yeah, is it on another channel?

EDIT: FFS Miami...you better not go to OT... How you gonna miss an extra point to win the game.

Edited by RandomFan

Posted (edited)

They have played 3 game minutes in 20+ minutes. However networks shouldn't schedule College games in 3hr intervals either. Maybe this was 3.5 interval but College games are too long imo.

See it's starting on ESPN 2.

Edited by jeffro2000

Anybody see Miami get a late TD with about 3 minutes left and their kicker misses the extra point so it's tied instead of Miami being ahead by 1.

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Yeah, is it on another channel?

EDIT: FFS Miami...you better not go to OT...

Kicker missed the extra point. lol.