ALEX MACK!!!

The Vent King

That one penalty play defines the teams entire lack of focus and discipline and to have your all-world center be the one to do something so incredibly stupid makes me wanna hurl forever is what is maddening about this season so far. I’m talking bout the personal foul where he belly flops on a player that was already down and out of the play.

What in the entire youknowwhat was that? Have you gone crazy man? We don’t need that type of nonsense. Someone plz tell me that Titans defender did something dirty first so I can somewhat forgive what I’m still seeing as a stupid penalty play that summarizes the Falcons so far this season.

Edited by The Vent King

Just now, ryantlanta said:

That’s actually a common thing taught starting in youth football. He’s probably been doing it his whole career and not the soft a** NFL is calling it :munch:

There's a pancake, and then there's what Mack did.  If you pancake a dude during the confines of the play, all good.  Mack dove on him after the play was passed him.  "You can't do that".  lol

8 minutes ago, athell said:

Absolutely!  And speaking of "flare" shoulda gave him the Ric Flair "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" in his earhole after laying him out.

Mack should at least have stayed on top of him for the three count and then strutted around with his arm raised in victory.

Edited by Doctor Kildare

Just now, athell said:

There's a pancake, and then there's what Mack did.  If you pancake a dude during the confines of the play, all good.  Mack dove on him after the play was passed him.  "You can't do that".  lol

Lol I played defensive line for 20 years From pee wee all the way to semi pro football. Trust me if you’re on the ground as a defensive lineman you were gonna have an offensive lineman jump on you whether the play was passed you or not and not once was it called a penalty.

2 minutes ago, ryantlanta said:

Lol I played defensive line for 20 years From pee wee all the way to semi pro football. Trust me if you’re on the ground as a defensive lineman you were gonna have an offensive lineman jump on you whether the play was passed you or not and not once was it called a penalty.

You can't dive on a dude and drive into him with your full body weight after the play is dead.  I don't care what your pee wee coaches taught you lmao

And then to club him in the back of the head on top of it...c'mon man.

3 minutes ago, athell said:

You can't dive on a dude and drive into him with your full body weight after the play is dead.  I don't care what your pee wee coaches taught you lmao

From what I seen the play wasn’t dead just passed where mack and the other lineman were.

8 minutes ago, athell said:

There was also some head butt action with his helmet. It was clearly 100% a personal foul penalty and would have been called back in 1980 as well. 

11 minutes ago, ryantlanta said:

From what I seen the play wasn’t dead just passed where mack and the other lineman were.

I wish I could find video...it looked a lot worse on the second view.  Can't find it anywhere though but like Dr said, it was a pretty clear PF.  He was clearly frustrated and taking out his anger on Vacarro (which I applaud him for hah).

From what I recall, Mack flops on him after the play passed.  Vacarro tries to get up, Mack puts him down again (with a h2h element) and also kinda clubs him with his forearm.  Maybe when the A22 comes out we can see the replay.  Not that it would have changed the outcome, but dumb play by Alex there.

26 minutes ago, athell said:

You'll get dived on every time you're on the ground if the whistle hasn't blown.  Wasn't the first time Mack has "finished the play" by piling on someone to give them something extra and imposing punishment.  Granted this play had a little more than just finishing someone off. 

Not sure what a pancake has anything to do with since it has nothing to do with jumping on someone on the ground.

15 minutes ago, ryantlanta said:

I didn’t see all the head butting action I just seen the flop.

Well if you didn't see the play then why are you defending it? Alex Mack threw himself chest first into the guy and then slammed his head against him on the ground plus takes a swing with his arm. As the ref said, "you can't do that". 

If he had just fallen on the guy doubt anything was called. But the intent to cheap shot the guy was obvious to anyone watching and unfortunately for Mack the ref was watching. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot