Maybe Arthur Blank is the problem...

Hurry_Up_And_Buy

Lotta whispers that DQ's moves aren't necessarily his on... For Blank to build a new stadium before the old one had fully had it's time just for revenue purposes says a lot... Then his wife left him.. Our best coaches/coordinators never stick around and always end up leaving the fold... The franchise is CONSISTENTLY known to overpay for talent. I'm starting to think the owner isn't as great as we initally thought he was. Although i really don't want to believe this me being the OP I can't help but question this situation top down at this point. Paying Julio was cool but stupid. Drafting Ridley cool. But dumb. MB Dome? Cool. Especially for the soccer fans. But not necessarily essential. Idk. We never TRADE for value and only in INVEST in value sparingly. You see moves that belie what a real contender is constantly man. I'm just tired of it. Being walking up Northside dr for too long feeling like nothing has truly changed. Looks cool. Same have vs have-not culture. Transplants who don't actually relate to the city but wanna take advantage of it. Bogus ASL smh

Yes I'm sure speculation like this will help Quinn.

And the overwhelming success with Atlanta United doesn't factor into this at all.  That team has existed for what... 3 years?.... and it sure looked like the Falcons are starting to borrow traditions from them as far as fan support.

Blank has just made mistakes when it comes to hiring the right coach.

1 minute ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

This isn't even close to true, and entirely an unfair comparison.  Rankin Smith was terrible. Quite possibly the worst NFL owner ever!!

During their ownership they drafted John Wayne.  Not some guy named John Wayne.  THE actual John Wayne.  The actor.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/that-one-time-the-falcons-drafted-john-wayne-17073642

But I guess at least he played football....  Maybe it was the hits in the head from that that made him think playing Genghis Khan was even remotely appropriate.   Old school Hollywood.... R.A.F.

6_johnwayne.jpg

I have a feeling that our over investment in the offensive skilled positions and lack of investment in the OL STM’s from Blank. I think our organisation believes that it needs to put flashy skilled position players on the filled to get fans in their seats, and builds accordingly.  That’s about the only think I would fault Blank for, even though I am not a fan of the new stadium or the fact that we don’t play in. Real outdoor stadium on real grass. 

As for over-investing in players, I am not sure that I agree. Most - if not all - of our veteran players showed enough to warrant the deals they were given. We had some crappy luck with Free suffering a serious concussion in the first or second  game after he signed his new contract and his production falling off a cliff. I think these an argument  for saying that Julio’s contract was a mistake given his age. Exercising Beasley’s 5th year option was a mistake in hindsight, but after a guy leads the league in sacks, it’s easy to see why a team would do so. Letting him go would be a gutsy call.

14 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

During their ownership they drafted John Wayne.  Not some guy named John Wayne.  THE actual John Wayne.  The actor.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/that-one-time-the-falcons-drafted-john-wayne-17073642

But I guess at least he played football....  Maybe it was the hits in the head from that that made him think playing Genghis Khan was even remotely appropriate.   Old school Hollywood.... R.A.F.

6_johnwayne.jpg

It was a joke when they announced. He never was a falcon. 

38 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Lotta whispers that DQ's moves aren't necessarily his on... For Blank to build a new stadium before the old one had fully had it's time just for revenue purposes says a lot... Then his wife left him.. Our best coaches/coordinators never stick around and always end up leaving the fold... The franchise is CONSISTENTLY known to overpay for talent. I'm starting to think the owner isn't as great as we initally thought he was. Although i really don't want to believe this me being the OP I can't help but question this situation top down at this point. Paying Julio was cool but stupid. Drafting Ridley cool. But dumb. MB Dome? Cool. Especially for the soccer fans. But not necessarily essential. Idk. We never TRADE for value and only in INVEST in value sparingly. You see moves that belie what a real contender is constantly man. I'm just tired of it. Being walking up Northside dr for too long feeling like nothing has truly changed. Looks cool. Same have vs have-not culture. Transplants who don't actually relate to the city but wanna take advantage of it. Bogus ASL smh

We really need a dislike button. 

34 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

I like Blank, Matt Ryan would not have been here if not for him, but he is also the one that insisted on DQ coming here. 

Do not like his habit of not firing people that should be fired, but instead bringing in more people to help cover up their flaws. Pioli came to improve TD's lowsy drafts, and this year someone was brought in to help keep DQ from loosing games due to poor clock management. 

Blank does not get involved often, unless a GM, coach, or franchise QB is involved, and like most NFL owners, his track record is very spotty.

41 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Freeman was the only mistake and that's because he got injured. The team has the talent. Especially on the offensive side of the ball. The offensive line would be fine if it stayed healthy. We do need a starting caliber running back next year imo.

8 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

I like Blank, Matt Ryan would not have been here if not for him, but he is also the one that insisted on DQ coming here. 

Do not like his habit of not firing people that should be fired, but instead bringing in more people to help cover up their flaws. Pioli came to improve TD's lowsy drafts, and this year someone was brought in to help keep DQ from loosing games due to poor clock management. 

Blank does not get involved often, unless a GM, coach, or franchise QB is involved, and like most NFL owners, his track record is very spotty.

Can’t really blame AB for bringing in Quinn. He was far and away the most sought after HC candidate that year. 

10 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Blank is the problem in that he doesn’t know football so he listens to a bevy of good ol boys and yes men.  

Yes, he does have a tendency to listen to 'bean counters' verses real football people. Will give you that, but Blank is no worse than any other owner in that regard.

His professionalism in running the franchise, on the other hand, is unequaled in comparison to other NFL owners. That would be sorely missed if he ever stepped down.

8 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Yes, he does have a tendency to listen to 'bean counters' verses real football people. Will give you that, but Blank is no worse than any other owner in that regard.

His professionalism in running the franchise, on the other hand, is unequaled in comparison to other NFL owners. That would be sorely missed if he ever stepped down.

Don’t get me wrong.  Blank is a great owner.  He’s just misguided in what he wants in an NFL team.

He should know that coaching is everything.  Atlanta United is a prime example.  They had stars but still needed the right manager to grow the young stars into league wide threats and ultimately champions.  He listened to the right people in building that team.