Mike Leach goes off in presser

Hey Mike, what do you think about your team?

“We’re a very soft team. We get a lot of good press. We like to read it a lot. We like to pat ourselves on the back. Then, if we get any resistance, we fold.”

“Most of these were on that team last year that was a tough team, which was a tough team for us. We got nearly the same guys. Now, all of a sudden, they’re not tough. They’re fat, dumb, and happy, and entitled.”

Asked if he felt his team was lacking some of the leadership that the 11-2 team from 2018 had, Leach didn’t think that was the issue.

“I think it’s more individual than that. I think we’ve got a bunch of free agents running around there that think they’re pretty special. And then as soon as something doesn’t go their way, they pout.”

“I didn’t see too much pouting among coaches, but collectively, starting with me, we failed to get through to them. We have let them evolve into a soft team…and they are soft,” Leach added

2 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

This part says it all:

“I think it’s more individual than that. I think we’ve got a bunch of free agents running around there that think they’re pretty special. And then as soon as something doesn’t go their way, they pout.”

Remind you of a couple of players on the UGA team last year? :flush: