Is Dan Quinn losing his team?

Shiney_McShine

This team looks rudderless.  They remind me of the last year and a half under Mike Smith.   Quinn struggled to handle all the head coaching responsibilities to begin with and now that he is spending significantly more time on the defense I think the effect is almost like the team is running WITHOUT a head coach.   That would explain the listlessness and lack of cohesion.  It feels like there is no one in charge to guide the whole operation.

There is a reason most head coaches don't also act as coordinators.  It can quickly become too much to handle.

5 hours ago, firedog said:

I don't care what anybody says but I think this team has never been the same after that Super Bowl loss. Just hasn't been the same team. Quinn was the next great coach back then. Ryan the best QB. These guys didn't suddenly forget how to coach or play. There's talent on this team. We got the same coach, the same QB and many of the same players. This is not a physical problem. This is mental in my opinion. Back then this team played with a bundle of confidence that bordered on cockiness. They had a confident swagger to them. And they were a very good team. It's almost like when the bully takes his first beating he isn't the same kid anymore. That loss ripped the heart right out of this team and I don't think they've recovered from it. Sometimes difficult if not devastating losses stay with you. This is just my opinion. But it's never brought up but I feel it's the elephant in the room that's not acknowledged or talked about.

Agree. That loss was so epic, such a mega-fail on such a galactic futility scale, there may be no coming back from it. I don't think I've recovered from that loss yet, how could the players who were standing at Ground Zero when the Incredible Meltdown happened?

The world of professional football has never seen a fail of this magnitude, so there's no experts to say if any of the present players or HC are not terminally radioactive now, toxic to themselves and The Brotherhood, allergic to anything positive that might expose them to yet another profound humiliation in some future SB.

Maybe firing the HC and blowing up the roster wouldn't be enough. Maybe Blank needs to start over from scratch. Go with a new team name and set up a new HQ somewhere far away from Flowery Branch. Try to persuade Wikipedia to delete all content related to the Falcons. Consign this **** to the trash bin of history and move on.

2 hours ago, Cole World said:

I would get behind this if Harry didn't work for the Falcons now...he has to say this. I don't believe the season is over just yet, but at 1-5 after these next two road games it would be. Quinn has lost command of the locker room, they still like the guy because of his personality but dude was never good with X's and O's. We need an offensive guy at the helm. I truly believe an AFC mind would do wonders for this team. DQ needs to be fired for his AFC record alone, how can AB keep letting that slide?

Why do I believe Dan Quinn has lost the team? Just look at the dumb Alex Mack penalty yesterday. What in the world possessed a guy that has been in the NFL as long as Mack and knows you can't do something that stupid to do it if he isn't overly frustrated and lacking faith in what the future holds? When players start committing stupid penalties like that IMO that's a sure sign that the coach has lost control of the locker room and players are starting to check out. Although on the other hand, I guess I should be thrilled that he showed some kind of emotion and that Ryan was on his *** about it afterwards. About the only emotion exhibited from the team yesterday. The rest of the team is flat as can be. That starts in the locker room too. Season is over. Fire everyone and start over.

2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Agree. That loss was so epic, such a mega-fail on such a galactic futility scale, there may be no coming back from it. I don't think I've recovered from that loss yet, how could the players who were standing at Ground Zero when the Incredible Meltdown happened?

The world of professional football has never seen a fail of this magnitude, so there's no experts to say if any of the present players or HC are not terminally radioactive now, toxic to themselves and The Brotherhood, allergic to anything positive that might expose them to yet another profound humiliation in some future SB.

Maybe firing the HC and blowing up the roster wouldn't be enough. Maybe Blank needs to start over from scratch. Go with a new team name and set up a new HQ somewhere far away from Flowery Branch. Try to persuade Wikipedia to delete all content related to the Falcons. Consign this **** to the trash bin of history and move on.

This is a post is an all-timer. +1 and beyond.

8 hours ago, firedog said:

I don't care what anybody says but I think this team has never been the same after that Super Bowl loss. Just hasn't been the same team. Quinn was the next great coach back then. Ryan the best QB. These guys didn't suddenly forget how to coach or play. There's talent on this team. We got the same coach, the same QB and many of the same players. This is not a physical problem. This is mental in my opinion. Back then this team played with a bundle of confidence that bordered on cockiness. They had a confident swagger to them. And they were a very good team. It's almost like when the bully takes his first beating he isn't the same kid anymore. That loss ripped the heart right out of this team and I don't think they've recovered from it. Sometimes difficult if not devastating losses stay with you. This is just my opinion. But it's never brought up but I feel it's the elephant in the room that's not acknowledged or talked about.

This.  Even though they went back to the playoffs in 2017, which was impressive, there some wins that year that were dumb luck, and the team overall seemed to play tentative.  2018 I used the injury excuse, even though there was some merit to that considering the players we lost, but this year I swear it looks like no one is prepared, no one has any fire, and the team just plays confused.  **** I still haven't gotten over that SB loss...I can't imagine what it would be like to be on that team knowing you were basically playing in the usual Super Bowl blowout only to lose on the last play in OT. 

Every time I think of that game, I wish it had gone down like the 1998 season SB...just lose big because we expect it and wouldn't be let down.

This.  Even though they went back to the playoffs in 2017, which was impressive, there some wins that year that were dumb luck, and the team overall seemed to play tentative.  2018 I used the injury excuse, even though there was some merit to that considering the players we lost, but this year I swear it looks like no one is prepared, no one has any fire, and the team just plays confused.  **** I still haven't gotten over that SB loss...I can't imagine what it would be like to be on that team knowing you were basically playing in the usual Super Bowl blowout only to lose on the last play in OT. 

Every time I think of that game, I wish it had gone down like the 1998 season SB...just lose big because we expect it and wouldn't be let down.

The team looks like it just isn’t on same page w each other, coordinators etc.  Yes it’s long season and there is time but I am afraid if Quinn doesn’t demand his OC at least utilize some quick slants to move chains and open up run game along w giving our speed merchant (Ito) and our beast a chance to start pounding on that D......he’s gonna totally demoralize what ltl confidence our offense might have left.  On defense, he’s gonna have to inact immediate consequences for the lack of discipline and lax efforts as soon as they occur.  We may not win many games and he may still lose his job but at least he’d salvage some respect I feel.  I’m no expert but I haven’t seen tangible evidence that he’s demanding any improvements yet.  

10 hours ago, Shiney_McShine said:

After some discussion this morning with other football fans, the subject has been broached that Quinn might be losing control of the team. 

I'm not certain, but the lack of fire and the slow starts could be a harbinger for a season spiraling out of control.

If i was a player and the first thing i heard at the beginning of a new season was 'embrace the suck', i would be tuning that *** out too. Dumbest ish ever.

5 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I seriously wouldn’t doubt there’s some level of PTSD.......I’m by no means equating to combat stress before anyone takes the wrong way but for a young coach/ team who’s never won it all........that’s a huge weight to carry. I do wonder if it’s healthy for anyone involved at some point.  I know I am still not only sick and to some degree humiliated in the presence of fans of other teams.  It’s def the elephant in room.